Rigondeaux > Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
    Losing by KO/TKO/UD/MD > Quitting/Retiring From The Sport

If a guy thinks he's too small to fight someone, don't fight that giant.
    If you fight that giant and lose, don't cry about it.
    Rigondeaux never cried about it, he only praised Lomachenko. And Lomachenko didn't regard it as a good win, simply because Rigondeaux was too small and old by the time they fought.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnTaylor View Post
      Rigondeaux never cried about it, he only praised Lomachenko. And Lomachenko didn't regard it as a good win, simply because Rigondeaux was too small and old by the time they fought.
      If you fight that giant and lose, his fans shouldn't cry about it.

Comment

OP forgets that Rigo didnt want this fight at 126.

OP also forget that Lomachenko didnt even want this fight but Rigo and his fans begged for this fight.

OP forgets the whole twitter not afraid thing when Lomachenko didnt even care became he knew it would be too easy and he would never get credit.

OP forgets that Lomachenko didnt use his size to win the fight and strictly gave Rigo a boxing lesson. A lesson so bad Rigo had to resort to holding behind the head to land any punches.

OP also forgets that the size difference between Lomschenko and Rigo is much smaller than that between Lomachenko and his opponents at 135.

Comment

Wow, such a hater. How can you go up two divisions, in old age, against one of the P4P best fighters, and get "exposed" when you've already proven your greatness over and over again? Boxing fans are ungrateful as ****.
          Levels to this and rigo just wasn’t on Loma’s

Comment

I think you should be careful with forcing the word "consensus" upon your own opinion. Some lists do NOT have Lomachenko at the top. Also, keep in mind that Donaire was the P4P #3, according to Ring Magazine, when he fought Rigondeaux.

Also, you claim that it was purely a match of skills when Rigondeaux and Lomachenko fought... Did you seriously miss the size advantage between the two? Lomachenko himself disagrees with you here. He doesn't consider this a great win at all due to the size advantage he had.
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing...pound_rankings

I don't even do P4P - think it's conceptually garbage, but of the major lists (TBRB, Ring, BWAA, ESPN and Boxrec) only Boxrec doesn't have Lomachenko at #1 (they have him #4, below GGG, do you think he's better than GGG?) Boxing Scene doesn't either (they have him #3). WBN and RBR also have him #1.

I don't think the use of the word 'consensus' is unreasonable here, even if there is naturally some disagreement in such a subjective matter.

Comment

Originally posted by shawntaylor View Post
              first of all, yeah, i gotta give it to lomachenko, he's a good boxer. No doubt about that. But i honestly think rigondeaux should be considered the superior fighter.

Lomachenko defeated him, but that was due to a massive size advantage. Lomachenko himself admitted that after their fight. Basically, that fight means nothing in a p4p context. And if we do compare them in a p4p context, i think rigondeaux is easily superior. The reasons are many.

1: Rigondeaux schooled donaire in his prime, which was a far superior win to anything lomachenko has accomplished as a professional.
              2: Lomachenko lost to salido. He did redeem himself after that, but come on, the very thought of rigondeaux losing to such a low-level fighter is unthinkable. Rigondeaux is more consistent than lomachenko.
              3: Rigondeaux and lomachenko are both technicians, but lomachenko is kinda featherfisted, while rigondeaux also happens to be one of the most hard-hitting fighters in his division. Much more dangerous.
              4: Lomachenko's got old faster. Rigondeaux has been old and past it for years, while lomachenko is a young man who already is stepping out of his prime at significant speed. He looked horrible against campbell and pedraza, who both took him through 12 rounds.

Again, i respect lomachenko, but i don't respect the fact that so many consider him a superior fighter to rigondeaux. When you take all the facts into consideration, rigondeaux simply appears to, p4p, be the superior fighter, who has been unfairly pushed aside due to stepping up and losing against a far bigger and far younger opponent.
              lmao. Rigo has a bigger reach than lomo.

Comment

First of all, yeah, I gotta give it to Lomachenko, he's a good boxer. No doubt about that. But I honestly think Rigondeaux should be considered the superior fighter.

Lomachenko defeated him, but that was due to a massive size advantage. Lomachenko himself admitted that after their fight. Basically, that fight means nothing in a P4P context. And if we do compare them in a P4P context, I think Rigondeaux is easily superior. The reasons are many.

1: Rigondeaux schooled Donaire in his prime, which was a far superior win to anything Lomachenko has accomplished as a professional.
                2: Lomachenko lost to Salido. He did redeem himself after that, but come on, the very thought of Rigondeaux losing to such a low-level fighter is unthinkable. Rigondeaux is more consistent than Lomachenko.
                3: Rigondeaux and Lomachenko are both technicians, but Lomachenko is kinda featherfisted, while Rigondeaux also happens to be one of the most hard-hitting fighters in his division. Much more dangerous.
                4: Lomachenko's got old faster. Rigondeaux has been old and past it for years, while Lomachenko is a young man who already is stepping out of his prime at significant speed. He looked horrible against Campbell and Pedraza, who both took him through 12 rounds.

Again, I respect Lomachenko, but I don't respect the fact that so many consider him a superior fighter to Rigondeaux. When you take all the facts into consideration, Rigondeaux simply appears to, P4P, be the superior fighter, who has been unfairly pushed aside due to stepping up and losing against a far bigger and far younger opponent.
                I’m taking rigo if they fight at the same size.. and at the same age..

Sad the fight turned out that way but booohoo to rigo for quiting before he even got hurt...

A champion never quits.. and no matter the odds will always try to find a way to win... that’s greatness right there.
                Who knows, loma might have gone for the kill in the later rounds and then rigo catches him for being wreckless.. anything can happen..

But he quit. His ego bleed first and he couldn’t take it

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                  I’m taking rigo if they fight at the same size.. and at the same age..
                  At least we can agree on that.

Comment

At least we can agree on that.
                    we cam agree you don't know chit abut boxing..

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                      If you fight that giant and lose, his fans shouldn't cry about it.
                      as usual.. you spot on.. respect

Comment

Working...
                      X