No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mario Barrios-Batyr Akhmedov Rematch Ordered By WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    Nah you can go 9-9 as long as you think the guy who got dropped won the round. A knockdown isn’t a guaranteed 10 for the guy who scored it, it is a an additional deduction of a point to the fighter who was dropped. That’s always how I was taught anyway.
    9-9 is only if there is a point deduction. But there is a 10 point must system otherwise. So if Barrios won that round 10-9 for you and then had a point deducted? Then it can be 9-9. But you can't score the 12th round even when Barrios dropped Ahkmedov and had no point deduction.

Comment

Going to purse bids then, WoB would be stupid to do another deal. Try and get DAZN to ut up some money, or try take it to Russia. Russian option probably suits Barrios, can come out with the "Russia doesn't suit my career at the moment".

Comment

Great news I think I only gave Barrios 4 or 5 rounds. I do think he will do better in the rematch now that he got this experience under his belt. I'll take Barrios in a legitimate 7-5 win.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          9-9 is only if there is a point deduction. But there is a 10 point must system otherwise. So if Barrios won that round 10-9 for you and then had a point deducted? Then it can be 9-9. But you can't score the 12th round even when Barrios dropped Ahkmedov and had no point deduction.
          I scored it 10-9 Akhmedov but cause he got put down he loses a point so it becomes 9-9. I think knockdown essentially acts as a point deduction.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_boxing

That explains it better than I can, if you look at the section scoring under the title how the system works.

Comment

looking forward to the rematch, but the first wasn't a huge robbery because of the two knockdowns, a draw would've been fair. Barrios was the house fighter so it wasn't a surprise he got the nod. Akhmedov just needs to avoid getting knocked down and he should take the rematch.

Comment

I’m pretty sure it’s not bro, a KD is a additional point deducted for the fighter who was dropped not a guaranteed 10 for the guy who scored it.
              9-9 would typically only occur if the winner of the round was also deducted a point from the ref.

If you are trying to give as much possible credit to Akmedov for "winning" the round despite the KD, then you could have also done 10-10 as opposed to 9-9. 10-10 or 10-9 would have been the proper scores for that round and both reflect the fact that you are acknowledging the work AK put in before and after the KD while also crediting Barrios for getting the knockdown.

Comment

I scored it 10-9 Akhmedov but cause he got put down he loses a point so it becomes 9-9. I think knockdown essentially acts as a point deduction.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_boxing

That explains it better than I can, if you look at the section scoring under the title how the system works.
                But here is the thing, I think you are looking at it the opposite way. So Barrios knocked Akhmedov down, so automatically he wins the round. If you are saying Akhmedov won rest of the round, then you lower it from 10-8 to 10-9. But Barrios CANNOT lose the round if he scores a KD unless he has a point deduction or two.

From your link:

The 10-point system is the most widely used scoring system since the mid-twentieth century. It is so named because a judge "must" award ten points to at least one fighter each round (before deductions for fouls). Most rounds are scored 10-9, with 10 points for the fighter who won the round, and 9 points for the fighter the judge believes lost the round. If a round is judged to be even, it is scored 10-10. For each knockdown in a round, the judge deducts an additional point from the fighter knocked down, resulting in a 10-8 score if there is one knockdown or a 10-7 score if there are two knockdowns. If the referee instructs the judges to deduct a point for a foul, this deduction is applied after the preliminary computation. So, if a fighter wins a round, but is penalised for a foul, the score changes from 10-9 to 9-9. If that same fighter scored a knockdown in the round, the score would change from 10-8 in his favour to 9-8. While uncommon, if a fighter completely dominates a round but does not score a knockdown, a judge can still score that round 10-8.
                This explains it a little better than I did lol.

Comment

This was the right thing to do. When. Batyr got knocked down in the 12th , I said to the people I was watching with Barrios may have saved himself and earned a draw.

Those scores were disgraceful. No way Barrios won imo but if you have him winning there was no way he won 7 or more rounds.

Looking forward to the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    But here is the thing, I think you are looking at it the opposite way. So Barrios knocked Akhmedov down, so automatically he wins the round. If you are saying Akhmedov won rest of the round, then you lower it from 10-8 to 10-9. But Barrios CANNOT lose the round if he scores a KD unless he has a point deduction or two.

From your link:

This explains it a little better than I did lol.
                    Confusing isn’t it😂😂

I still think Akhmedov won the round though. Cause I honestly don’t think the KD really changed the pattern of the round, nor did it badly hurt him. So I’d have scored it 10-9 Akhmedov but because he got put down, you deduct a point from him which makes it 9-9.

Comment

Barrios didn't win that fight

I was at this fight a couple of weeks ago and to me Barrios took a beating for 12 rounds only the two knockdowns being his only successful accomplishment and he was gifted this decision. Glad to see there will be a rematch for Akhmedov who deserves another shot

Comment

Working...
                      X