Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mario Barrios-Batyr Akhmedov Rematch Ordered By WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good news for Akhmedov, who I had winning handily. Let's hope Barrios doesn't duck it. I know that old man was walking him down and it got him a bit nervous, but he needs to man up. This could very good for his career if he can get it done. I mean he got a knockdown early - finish the damn job.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Well, Barrios DEFINITELY won three of the first five rounds clear as day. It is if you give him another one of the first five rounds and then it becomes VERY interesting. He was losing the 12th round before the KD, but was it wide enough for Akhmedov where you score it 10-9 instead of 10-8? I don't know, but draw is the best case scenario for Barrios. See no path to him getting a win here.
      I scored the final round 9-9. Akhmedov clearly won the round but just got clipped. I had it 115-111 or 114-112 to Akhmedov I only gave Barrios 3 or 4 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        I scored the final round 9-9. Akhmedov clearly won the round but just got clipped. I had it 115-111 or 114-112 to Akhmedov I only gave Barrios 3 or 4 rounds.
        Well, you gotta score it 10-9 Barrios, no?

I have a hard time only giving him three rounds because I thought clearly he took three of the first five, if not four of the first five plus he won the 12th round with the KD.

To me it was either:

114-112 Akhmedov (8-4, with two 10-8 rounds)
        115-112 Akhmedov (8-4, with the 12th round scored 10-9)
        114-113 Akhmedov (7-5, with the 12th round scored 10-9)
        113-113 draw (7-5, with two 10-8 rounds)

I'm fine with any of those scores.

Comment

The WBA is the only organization I've seen do this mandatory rematch when they belive judges get it wrong. They did same thing for Murata when N'dam got decision in their first fight. Kinda like the organization stepping up like that.

Comment

I mean, I had it 6-6.

7-5 Akhmedov would be also be a good scorecard. Could have been a draw.

Don't think it was a straight robbery, but the scores were certainly wide.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              If you want to score the round for the guy who was knocked down, but was "winning" the round before and after the KD - then you give him 1 point resulting in 9. I believe in a 10-point must system, you should have scored that 10-9, not 9-9.

Comment

Good they should have a rematch cause barrios lost IMO

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  Well, you gotta score it 10-9 Barrios, no?

I have a hard time only giving him three rounds because I thought clearly he took three of the first five, if not four of the first five plus he won the 12th round with the KD.

To me it was either:

114-112 Akhmedov (8-4, with two 10-8 rounds)
                  115-112 Akhmedov (8-4, with the 12th round scored 10-9)
                  114-113 Akhmedov (7-5, with the 12th round scored 10-9)
                  113-113 draw (7-5, with two 10-8 rounds)

I'm fine with any of those scores.
                  Nah you can go 9-9 as long as you think the guy who got dropped won the round. A knockdown isn’t a guaranteed 10 for the guy who scored it, it is a an additional deduction of a point to the fighter who was dropped. That’s always how I was taught anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                    If you want to score the round for the guy who was knocked down, but was "winning" the round before and after the KD - then you give him 1 point resulting in 9. I believe in a 10-point must system, you should have scored that 10-9, not 9-9.
                    I’m pretty sure it’s not bro, a KD is a additional point deducted for the fighter who was dropped not a guaranteed 10 for the guy who scored it.

Comment

Marios needs to tighten up.

Comment

Working...
                      X