Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer: Golovkin Did Not Let Hands Go, I Want More Defense!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banks is bringing to Golovkin exactly what he brought to Wladimir Klitschko; water in between rounds. Nothing else.

Comment

He's right, GGG didnt let his hands go enough, but I also didnt see much head movement or covering up from GGG.

The alarming thing for me was that Derevyanchenko (not a known power puncher) was visibly hurting GGG. GGG wasnt anywhere near his normal condition in terms of fitness

Comment

GGG definitely looked more reserved than he usually is. He should have jumped at Derev after the KD and mauled him as much as possible. I have huge respect for Derev for fighting the way he did. He had no fear

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          Banks is bringing to Golovkin exactly what he brought to Wladimir Klitschko; water in between rounds. Nothing else.
          oooh, savage!

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
            As long as Banks doesn't ask for a raise, his job is secured.
            Na Banks is gone.

It’s going to be awkward for GGG to work with someone that sees flaws in him. He has to work with someone that is going to butter him up. Tell him he can go up and beat Wilder if he wanted. Basically what Abel was doing at first. That’s what GGG likes. If you don’t do that, you’ll be gone eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Na Banks is gone.

It’s going to be awkward for GGG to work with someone that sees flaws in him. He has to work with someone that is going to butter him up. Tell him he can go up and beat Wilder if he wanted. Basically what Abel was doing at first. That’s what GGG likes. If you don’t do that, you’ll be gone eventually.

Banks is only being paid ' keep it real ' money

you get what you pay for

Golovkin should have paid Abel what he was worth

Comment

There is a very good ******n boxing channel that was doing a workup on the GGG/SD fight. It went precisely as it was predicted.

SD is a freaking monster when it comes to conditioning and punch output... but his power is not all there.
                SD did have power in the beginning but as the fight progresses, he loses power. His punch output however does not decrease much.

What gave GGG so many problems is that SD has a very high work rate, and even if there is not much power, he kept backing up GGG.

With Canelo and Jacobs, GGG was on even footing. SD just kept on letting his hands go and taking opportunities away from GGG.

The other thing is that cut... I am sure that lit a FIRE under SD's ass to keep up production before the fight potentially gets stopped. That merely unlocked whatever else SD had in the tank.

What made this fight is that this is the BEST version of SD that we have ever seen, and this was one of the least prepared versions of GGG.

If there is a rematch and as long as GGG is not visibly sick... you bet your ass he KOs SD in the first 4 rounds because he full well knows, if it goes longer, it will be more of the same first fight.

GGG clearly has the power and multiple times hurt SD... he just didn't put him away. ( a large part being SD's willingness to go out there and throw punches.)

And SD... at this point I think he takes Charlo and Andrade's belts. (if he has the same work ethic.)
                The downside, the cut took place in the same place as in the Culcay fight... and WILL be an issue in fights going forward.

Comment

He's right, I'm sure it was said somewhere in here but GGG waits entirely too long to do anything now days.

I sat and counted the amount of seconds it takes to get GGG to throw a punch. 10 seconds just for a jab-jab combo. Another 10 seconds. jab-straight combo. Another ten seconds.... so on and so forth.

He only threw maybe 1 or 2 punches, then waited a few seconds and that's only counting the time where D-chenko wasn't throwing his own flurries. Which would obviously delay the time that GGG can throw again.

This was later in the fight as well.

GGG is pretty much done at this rate. His hands are still live, he's still tough but he's fighting like he's shot. I don't want to make it a hot take but GGG has to changes things up, if he wants to squeeze a few more successful fights out of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Na Banks is gone.

Perhaps

I guess a trainer is only as good as his compliments

Comment

ggg fought mexican style again, did not respect dervys power and it cost him a lot...

Comment

Working...
                      X