Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Goes Through Hell To Decision Derevyanchenko in War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG SR. next...

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
      Gracias...I know you rate him but were also somewhat disappointed by his last fight, so was hoping to get your opinion here
      He needs some development for sure but the potential is there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Superbee View Post
        No way Golovkin vs Derevyanchenko would be PPV anywhere... ever...
        Not entirely sure of your point tbh lol.

But yeah it shouldn't be...just like 90% of PPV fights shouldn't be lol...and the other 10% are 3 times as expensive as they should be anyway...for my tastes that is

Comment

True...Mungia is a name and a champ? But certainly being propped up...no doubt that Mungia in fight 1 would look good to some...but yeah would largely be a cherry-pick type fight.

Can't blame them for floating that one out there though lol
          I don't know how much of a NAME Munguia is. He's a name to some. He IS a champ though, but he's the type of champ I hate. With 4 belts in boxing, a lot of young guys will go for the low hanging fruit, then hold that belt hostage. People excuse it as "he's young, he needs experience" (Tank Davis is another one of these) Once guys go after a world title, they're obligated to fight the best IMO. If you're too green, thats what regional titles are for.

If Madrimov (or anyone deemed a real threat) became mandatory challenger to Munguia I would fully expect him to drop the belt and move up to 160. After all, he rehydrates up to almost 180 FFS.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Mike Tyson is 5'10 and was heavyweight champion of the world
            Jarrett Hurd is 6'1 and was Junior Middleweight champion of the world.

height means **** all lol.
            Says it all doesn't it

Comment

Oh sh.it I don't have that one...I've heard about him though, for a little while now...interested to see what he has in the near future
              He just blew out his overmatched opponent and made him quit.

Comment

I don't know how much of a NAME Munguia is. He's a name to some. He IS a champ though, but he's the type of champ I hate. With 4 belts in boxing, a lot of young guys will go for the low hanging fruit, then hold that belt hostage. People excuse it as "he's young, he needs experience" (Tank Davis is another one of these) Once guys go after a world title, they're obligated to fight the best IMO. If you're too green, thats what regional titles are for.

If Madrimov (or anyone deemed a real threat) became mandatory challenger to Munguia I would fully expect him to drop the belt and move up to 160. After all, he rehydrates up to almost 180 FFS.
                Probably happens when Adames is made mando

Comment

• Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
                  No but he has been speaking of Ennis highly for at least a year (especially in his weekly mailbag). They are both from Philly (for what it's worth).
                  OK nice thanks...so he has some incentive to hype him up due to the Philly connection...but not like he is his trainer.

Look forward to seeing Ennis in action some time

Comment

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    Probably happens when Adames is made mando
                    probably happens if they give Hogan a rematch lol

Comment

People need to stop looking at heights and thinking that every height is the same for weight classes. People have significantly different body types. If this forum were around in the 80's people would be saying Mike Tyson was a blown up middleweight.
                      Agreed, there is a lot of oversimplification particularly with regard to height. "If you're this tall, you fight at X".

Comment

Working...
                      X