Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derevyanchenko Earning More for GGG Than What Canelo Offered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caxcan View Post
    Canelo was being more than generous to Chenko and under normal circumstances a fighter like him would jump at that opportunity, but GGG was whispering in his other ear promising to pay him above an already inflated purse if he rejects the offer. Basically GGG who wasn't eager about fighting the other champs Andrade or Charlo went ahead and bought himself a vacant title shot.
    I definitely believe GGG was talking to dervy whilst he was in negotiation with GBP, but why would the IBF strip Canelo though? Why didn't the fight goes to purse bid? why didn't GBP put in for an extension when they weren't coming to terms with Dervy?

I know there is a lot of politics in boxing but for me it looked like GBP dropped the ball also.

Comment

... Derevyanchenko Earning More for GGG Than What Canelo Offered

.. so?...

Comment

The promoter cult only care about the companies and not the fighters..just sayn.
        Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        All this money being paid out by DAZN to Golovkin and Derevyanchenko for what? How many new subscribers do you really think they're going to attract this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
          Because your dumbass said that dervy is hard to negotiate with but ggg has 2 credible opponents in about 40 fights and according to him and his fans he didn’t get the big names because they ducked him? Stop being such an idiot bro and stop believing all the dumb sh.it you hear about this guy, you and all his fans have been played... plain and simple. You guys are suckers
          Saunders wouldn't fight him. Eubank's Dad sabatoged the negotiations with his son. He signed to fight Pirog but his back blew out. Strum wouldn't fight him. Canelo stalled fighting him then dropped his belt rather than fighting him. Cotto wouldn't fight him and paid (with the blessing of the WBC) Golovkin to step aside with the understanding that the winner of the Canelo Cotto fight would fight Golovkin. Cotto lost wasn't going to pay G the money he owed him until Golovkin got his lawyers involved. Cotto after he beat Martinez announced to the world that he would only fight and defend his title at a catchweight effectively eliminating all legitimate ranked Middleweight threats to his title. This left the door open for Canelo who for some reason is a weight cutting expert. Canelo dropped his belt. Ward called him out but then refused to budge on weight and then came up with numerous excuses to delay and obstruct the fight. Carl Froch won't fight him. Canelo failed his drug test causing Golovkin to scramble and find an opponent on short notice. Derevyanchenko was out because he had a reputation as being hard to negotiate with was a good fighter and a southpaw. There wasn't enough time to properly prep for him and they weren't going to risk the Canelo rematch through a loss or injury. Loeffler at the time told the media and presumably Derevyanchenko that they would fight him in the future but with more money for both men. They honoured that and we are getting the fight now. You only see what you want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            Saunders wouldn't fight him. Eubank's Dad sabatoged the negotiations with his son. He signed to fight Pirog but his back blew out. Strum wouldn't fight him. Canelo stalled fighting him then dropped his belt rather than fighting him. Cotto wouldn't fight him and paid (with the blessing of the WBC) Golovkin to step aside with the understanding that the winner of the Canelo Cotto fight would fight Golovkin. Cotto lost wasn't going to pay G the money he owed him until Golovkin got his lawyers involved. Cotto after he beat Martinez announced to the world that he would only fight and defend his title at a catchweight effectively eliminating all legitimate ranked Middleweight threats to his title. This left the door open for Canelo who for some reason is a weight cutting expert. Canelo dropped his belt. Ward called him out but then refused to budge on weight and then came up with numerous excuses to delay and obstruct the fight. Carl Froch won't fight him. Canelo failed his drug test causing Golovkin to scramble and find an opponent on short notice. Derevyanchenko was out because he had a reputation as being hard to negotiate with was a good fighter and a southpaw. There wasn't enough time to properly prep for him and they weren't going to risk the Canelo rematch through a loss or injury. Loeffler at the time told the media and presumably Derevyanchenko that they would fight him in the future but with more money for both men. They honoured that and we are getting the fight now. You only see what you want to see.
            I’m not reading all that, you’re g.ay

Comment

I’m not reading all that, you’re g.ay
              Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm not Gay. LOL. Read and heed it will do wonders for your maturity level.

Comment

Originally posted by Senor_frogs View Post
                Which world class fighter did Golovkin knock out again? Was it Jacobs or Alvarez? I can’t seem to remember.
                You do seem to have a problem with your memory because i never mentioned Golovkin. I mentioned Canelo in reference to him doing a Kirkland on Sergey. In fact, other than guys stopped in one round, Canelo hasnt dented anyone at world level, and no one at Middle. You need to respond to whats actually said, not what you're imagining.

Comment

Gggs never knocked out a world class fighter lol at his own weight
                  I never mentioned Golovkin. You seem abit obsessed.But Golovkin has stopped middleweights, some who weren't guys who were known to be fragile, as in stopped in a round. Canelo hasnt. A guy whos only stopped Khan at middle, no reason to think he "Kirklands" Sergey.

Comment

Originally posted by Errol Spence View Post
                    And GGG's last world class ko was when?
                    Tell me where i mentioned Golovkin? I was referring to whether Canelo could "Kirkland" Sergey. A guy whos only knocked down Khan at middle, who only stopped 3 guys who were stopped in a round in remote world class, do you think its reasonable to think he can?

Comment

Working...
                    X