No announcement yet.

Manny over Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Yes. That is the reason I think he will not fight either of them. Yes, he fought Thurman because he felt he could beat him given how he looked after the over 2 year layoff.

Floyd retired. I don't know what Floyd has to do with Manny's decision not to fight Crawford or Spence. Floyd fought Canelo at a 152 for the same reasons Manny fought Cotto at 145.

Floyd didn't go to 160 because he is too small for 160. Same reason Manny never fought anyone at a full 154 lbs. WHat does this have to do with Manny not fighting Spence or Crawford?
    Dude i think Manny will fight him now. He sees a guy that can be hit rather easily and can be turned on angles.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
      Not this Manny
      He was very slow in the second half of the Thurman fight
      Thurman is no where close to relentless as Spence
      And I’m a Pac fan
      different type of pressure. spence is more like a 1 punch at a time pressure fighter. where as in the pac/thurman fight, im the 2nd half, thurman was trying to maul pac down.

Comment

i just hope the narrative doesnt change when pac fight and beat spence.. but we all know the same ol' excuses is gonna pop out once this happens. "manny waited until spence was vulnerable"

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
          Dude i think Manny will fight him now. He sees a guy that can be hit rather easily and can be turned on angles.
          Respectfully, you are only talking about Spence's negatives/weaknesses/flaws. What about the strengths he showed in the Porter fight? Yes, he will get hit but he also hits back and threw a lot of punches.

Example-Spence and Porter each threw 170 more punches than Thurman and 70 more than Manny did when they fought each other. You think current Manny can throw 745 punches over 12 rounds and stay fresh? Does Manny have the strength and size to keep Spence off of him? What about the huge difference in reach?

Maybe Manny does win. I just think only pointing out Spence's flaws when making a prediction is shortsighted. He does bring a lot to the table.

Comment

a certain group is holding spence to such a high standard because he gave TBE a busted eye in sparring lol. i cant wait when manny beat spence and hear all the excuses.

Comment

With 1 fight left on pacs contract....
              Pistons D-rose knows the secret.haha..and it's not vs. Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
                a certain group is holding spence to such a high standard because he gave TBE a busted eye in sparring lol. i cant wait when manny beat spence and hear all the excuses.
                If Manny takes the fight and loses, do you give Spence full credit?

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                  If Manny takes the fight and loses, do you give Spence full credit?
                  IF manny takes the fight, win or lose, are you gon give him credit?!

of course. a win over a 41 year old legend is still better than brook, algieri, mikey and porter.

NOW, if pac wins, are you gonna give him credit? or is it gon be the same ol' "he waited until he saw weakness in spence"?

i remember a time when thurman was spoken highly of on here. then we all saw what happened.

Comment

when manny beat spence --

"lets see him do that with crawford".. "he wont fight crawford".. "crawford is the best right now not spence".

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                      Im saying it right now!!! Spence couldn't handle Porters foot work. He got spint on the ropes whenever porter wanted.

How is Spence going to deal with Mannys foot work and angles. Spence has NO power to hurt Manny. Manny has power to hurt Spence and make think. Manny can keep the pace as long as it takes to get Spence out of there
                      Woahhh

Pump the brakes on that one

Comment

Working...
                      X