No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence-Shawn Porter: Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
    Do you think nobody notices the distorted and fabricated excuses to avoiding Crawford?
    This weekend gave us a great WW unification fight! FOY candidate! That's coming off the heels of Pacquiao vs. Thurman! Crawford is irrelevant right now!

Comment

Ugly Dawg! Unified champion Yes! P4P best! No! Porter showed that Spence is not the 'truth but a protected 'lie. He's a good champion but not the best fighter out there forget about fighting Alvarez. Alvarez will put him to sleep

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        I think Shawn earned an immediate rematch! That was a great fight, and I think they should run it back! Al should let Danny cross the street, but makes sure that he gets paid at least what Khan got paid! Danny's resume @ 140 is better than Crawford's! Danny beat Khan, Judah, Matthysse, and Peterson! His only losses are to Thurman and Porter @ WW! Peep this though, after Danny beat Granados by KO:

April 22, 2019:

NEW YORK – Maybe it was a mere coincidence.

Or perhaps, as Elaine Benes once explained during an episode of “Seinfeld,” it was a “big coincidence.”

Whichever’s true, a couple hours after Danny Garcia dismantled Adrian Granados on Saturday night, Terence Crawford’s promoter determined that a fight against Garcia later this year wouldn’t be worth their time. Two weeks earlier, Bob Arum indicated to BoxingScene.com that he would again attempt to make a Crawford-Garcia fight if Crawford beat Amir Khan on Saturday night and Garcia defeated Granados...

“You know, a lot of guys that we’re interested in fighting, like Kell Brook, has said that he wanted to fight Terence,” Arum told a group of reporters early Sunday morning. “And that’d be fun. I mean, the other guys that Haymon has, I’m not really interested in. [Shawn] Porter isn’t a real fight for Crawford. And [Danny] Garcia’s not a real fight. [Keith] Thurman isn’t. The fight that’s a real fight is Spence.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-dan...awford--138225

You know Bob! "Yesterday I was lying, but today i'm telling the truth!"
        I'm not a fan of immediate rematches unless it's a draw. Porter acquitted himself well, but I'd like to see Spence fight the other guys.

Comment

great fight you would think boxing fans would be happy and proud, but the majority are just looking for something to complain about

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            Using your analogy, Errol Spence is like the new Captain America, a fake, a phony. Terence Crawford is Tony Stark, the scientist mastermind head in charge.

What drives me to hate on Spence? Could it be that hes a duck?
            Bud shouldnt even have a belt. PBC is punishing Top Rank for rigging fights. Manny vs Spence for undisputed is how I see it.

Comment

After Porter's hardcore heavy duty effort in this fight, I think a rematch is in order, AND I also think Thurman needs to face a Porter first in his comeback fight. We need more hard working fighters like Porter in this sport. Hats off to Porter, someone who always leaves everything in the ring. And to Spence for a good effort, even if those 2 wide points judges were clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                I'm not a fan of immediate rematches unless it's a draw. Porter acquitted himself well, but I'd like to see Spence fight the other guys.
                I like the immediate rematch to close all doubts! If Castillo was better than Floyd, he would've proved it! If Maidana was better than Floyd, then he would've proved it!

Comment

Wise up

Name me one fighter that Terrance Crawford has faced that would be favored to beat Porter or Kell Brooks. Name me a fighter that he faced that would beat Danny Garcia. Garcia beat Khan faster than Terrance did and was undefeated. Spence can't fight Crawford next for many reasons. One Crawford fighting in Dec Spence fighting in Jan. Pac Man do not want to fight him. Remember pac man turned down the fight to fight Thurman. Thurman will make all of u mad because when he get back off IR he will fight a lower level fighter then rematch Porter or Garcia. Top Rank will get the fight with Crawford in June or end of the year because top rank has the IBF mandatory in house and they will say fight Terrance or purse bid with your mandatory who will bring no money..so be patient boxing family we will get what we want just will be around this time next year...Pac will not fight Spence unless he has all the belts.. his three fight deal is up after he fight Mikey. They giving him Mikey so mikey dont leave PBC... business yall its business

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    I like the immediate rematch to close all doubts! If Castillo was better than Floyd, he would've proved it! If Maidana was better than Floyd, then he would've proved it!
                    Most of the time there is no doubt, just bitter fans who refuse to acknowledge their guy lost or the guy they hate won.

In this case, Spence victory was clean sans Hazzards card where he had Porter winning 8-4 somehow. I'm not against a rematch, just thinking the immediate rematch won't produce the same results.

Comment

T-REX Pacquiao???

I wonder why Thurman picked a T-REX to describe Pacquiao, noting that T-Rex has very short arms. Didn't Thurman know that T-Rex was the terror of all dinosaurs in its heyday? It had short arms but boy did it tear up its victims to shreds! It had gigantic legs like Pacquiao's, the tools to track down its victims.

Comment

Working...
                      X