Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren on Dubois: Chisora, Price Rejected Offers To Face Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish eyes feeling confident cuz he has the young British heavyweights that folks are excited about and don’t juice.

Comment

It depends on the offer of course, and this is Frank Warren after all.

Comment

They can take their time with Dubois. Look what happened to Price when they went from domestic level to top 10 contender in Tony Thompson at the time. TT was coming off his 2nd world title loss to Klitschko & Maloney thought it was a good idea to throw him in the deep end before he was ready. Dubois needs rounds. Hubeaux, Enguema, Teper, Kiladze or Rudenko are a few durable journeymen he could target who usually can get into the middle to late rounds while actually throwing punches. He already beat Gorman & Kevin Johnson. They gave him 15 rounds combined so a few more tuneup fights wouldn't hurt him. Target some top 20-30 guys in mid to late 2020. I'd like to see the Price or Chisora fights but I don't know if he is ready for Chisora. Hammer, Washington, Price are guys he could target after a few more fights. He needs to be matched carefully. I would prefer they build him slowly so when he does get to that next level he is there to stay.

Comment

Don't get me wrong I've met Richie Woodhall & like him a lot, but his comment about Dubois & Joyce waiting for a World title fight unification was total piffle! By the time two of the (WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO) become vacant JJ will probably be about 55. This is a golden opportunity for a good old fashioned British ,European & Commonwealth championship fight. Unless of course Richie is thinking of IBA, IBC, IBO, WBF & WBU ETC!!!!!....

Comment

Dubois will go the way of BJS. In the upper eschelons of Heavyweight boxing, Warren is out gunned. Matchroom have too many fighters at that weight on their roster to be benevolent to Dubois and give him a ****. Hrgovich will get the same type of shot first. Pity, as I like the last few Dubois fights; happy in a firefight and doesn't take a step back

Comment

It was a great performance,” Dubois said. “I did what I had to do, I worked the jab and everything I did in training I put into practice. I think after every fight I am improving.”

Really? IMO you only improve when you have been tested, had to adapt mid fight or had your weaknesses exposed so you can take it back to the gym and work on them. What has he really learnt from this fight? Knocking out bums only increases the size of your bank account and sod all else.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
                Being only 1 notch away from a Lonsdale belt out-right I'm surprised & baffled that David Price wouldn't take the Dubois fight. Maybe Hughie Fury could step up to the plate!..
                Pricey was lowballed mate, got offered less for Dubois than he made against Allen. I doubt they were seriously considering Price for September.
                I’d like to see it though. It’d be a good measuring stick and potentially a test for Dubois.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
                  Don't get me wrong I've met Richie Woodhall & like him a lot, but his comment about Dubois & Joyce waiting for a World title fight unification was total piffle! By the time two of the (WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO) become vacant JJ will probably be about 55. This is a golden opportunity for a good old fashioned British ,European & Commonwealth championship fight. Unless of course Richie is thinking of IBA, IBC, IBO, WBF & WBU ETC!!!!!....
                  Agreed...

Just make the fight.

I don’t know how keen team Joyce are on fighting Dubois though, but I’m sure they could be persuaded by £...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    They can take their time with Dubois. Look what happened to Price when they went from domestic level to top 10 contender in Tony Thompson at the time. TT was coming off his 2nd world title loss to Klitschko & Maloney thought it was a good idea to throw him in the deep end before he was ready. Dubois needs rounds. Hubeaux, Enguema, Teper, Kiladze or Rudenko are a few durable journeymen he could target who usually can get into the middle to late rounds while actually throwing punches. He already beat Gorman & Kevin Johnson. They gave him 15 rounds combined so a few more tuneup fights wouldn't hurt him. Target some top 20-30 guys in mid to late 2020. I'd like to see the Price or Chisora fights but I don't know if he is ready for Chisora. Hammer, Washington, Price are guys he could target after a few more fights. He needs to be matched carefully. I would prefer they build him slowly so when he does get to that next level he is there to stay.
                    There’s building slowly and there’s this...! Pointless fight, not sure what he will have learnt from that.

Comment

Dubois should face Otto Wallin next. Wallin proved he was game in the Fury match. I watched some youtube videos of that poor African tomato can wild sloppy work in Africa. Not ready for primetime. The DDD fight was a joke.

Comment

Working...
                      X