Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys think Pacquiao is on a par with Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    T.B.E. is the G.O.A.T. don't get it twisted.
    You are f___en kiddy me right!

Rocky Marciano total fights 49.
    Wins 49.
    Wins by KO-43.
    Losses-0.
    Marciano fought Archie Moore, Jersey Joe Walcott, Joe Louis, Ezzard Charles.

What was Floyds 50th win? MMA guy who never boxed in this life! Floyd has 27 KO's. That fight doesn't count in my book. The last time he fought a real boxer was in 2015.

Hey Floyd fight WBO: Terence Crawford, IBF: Errol Spence Jr.,
    WBA: Manny Pacquiao or WBC: Shawn Porter! You get a break from Thurman due to his hand surgery.

Or move up to 154 with no catch weight or just stay retired.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      Duran the G.O.A.T. Lightweight still IMO

No Excuse for Ignorance when it comes to history and the legends of this great sport when we have Youtube to go back and watch a lot of these legends in their legendary FIGHTS

Pacquiao also a All Time Great of course but can't just write off Duran and put Pacquiao above him because fans today are living in the moment and don't have the attention span to go back and watch at his best on youtube
      duran couldn't touch "Pretty Boy" at LW.

I say Manny outpoints duran. Back then there weren't too many skilled fighters....a lot of rock'em sock'em in them days.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
        fine pair we are then. I can't box & you can't think.
        I don't think, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          Huh? He beat prime Barrera, Morales and JMM. 3 x boxing legends!

And Duran barely beat SRL and was stopped by him later.

Now, get your ignorant a55 out of here.
          Everything you typed was true except the bold.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            I am Duran fan but Pac s greater. I'm sure Duran would agree.
            Actually what does Duran think of pac. We know what he thinks of floyd
            T.B.E. whoops both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by RightJabLikeZab View Post
              I had Manny taking the 2nd fight because of the KD but agree about 1 and 3.
              They were all close fights except the 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                I really wish people would stop getting too emotional and talk about pac s so called losses to jmm rather than 3 wins of not scorecard error! Because your then opening up a new kettle of fish. Will you talk about pac s 3 wins over Bradley also and pac s win over horn and w hile were at it pac s win over floyd?

But Pac losing to jmm isn't end of world. Floyd s lost to worse fighters in Castillo and maidana
                Nah, JMM beat Manny in ALL 4 fights & Manny LOST to Bradley in the 1st fight & LOST to Jeff Horn.

I still think Manny beats duran though.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                  Not even that close imo. Pac never had the almost unbeatable period like Duran had from 74-80. Plus Duran had more boxing skills to go along with is power. Pac has had a HOF career no doubt, but Duran in his prime never had an opponent that he could not figure out like Pac with Marquez. No matter how you scored them(I agreed with judges in 1st3 fights)its completely possible that JMM could be 4-0 vs Pac and there would be nothing wrong with it. Duran had probs with DeJesus, but did fig him out and he was at least as good as JMM.
                  Who were those 74-80? duran doesn't have "more boxing skills" he was a brawler.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                    Pac is comparable but I'd give Duran the edge. I think Pac fought in a weaker era than Duran but considering what he's done in that weaker era, obviously he's a very special fighter. I think would compete in any era but I don't think he would have gotten as far in Duran's era whereas I think Duran would have gotten much farther in this era. Pac came up in the 2000s while Duran came up in the '70s. I think the fighters back then were tougher and more willing to fight and there were also way fewer titles back then. It was not as easy to win a belt. There weren't many belts to win like there are now. I think Pac gives Duan a good scrap at 147 but at 135, I think Duran eats him alive. Once Duran made it an inside fight which wouldn't take but a few rounds, he knocks Pac out. Just too powerful and ferocious at 135. of course, I don't see most fighters beating a 135 Duran. He was that great then. I'd definitely give Pac the edge as far as showing up in shape and bringing his best to the ring each time which Duran definitely did not do, especially post-Leonard. It became a game of which Duran would show up and Pac was always more dedicated which is important and does matter, for legacy especially.

Overall though, I rate Duran over Pac but Pac is a truly legendary fighter. Duran will always be the boxing king of Panama and Pac will always be the boxing king of the Phillippines.
                    You kidding right? Manny has fought more than 10 good fighters in his resume & duran has like what 6?

Comment

• Both are top 20 Of all time imo but I got Duran higher Pacq has achieved more die to various weight classes.

But Duran is the better fighter when looking at the 2 imo not saying Pacq isnt close but Duran from 78 to 80 is better fighter than any version of Manny.

Comment

Working...
                      X