Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime's Espinoza: Wilder-Ortiz PPV 'Deal Didn't Make Sense For Us'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by killakali View Post
    Keep digging and u will find it
    Can’t find something you making up in your head lol

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      If the fight had no PPV outlet I could see your point. The fight is still on PPV and all we know is SHO didn't feel it was a good investment but Fox did.

Please stop with being obtuse with the DAZN argument. Haymon keeping him off DAZN was to prevent DAZN from getting a huge sales boost from the wilder/aj fight. PBC competes against dazn so it isn't news that Haymon isn't going to help a competitor sell product. No business would do that.

I don't know what his fight with Fury will generate. Neither do you.

AJ may not beat Ruiz. If he doesn't, then Wilder has the Fury and Ruiz fights to make money.

You don't know what Wilder's earnings are. All we know is he didn't go to dazn and help their US sales.
      And that is exactly why i cant stand the PBC. Its not the fighters i hate its Al Haymon. Al Haymon is supposed to be an advisor to these fighters and his advice to Wilder was to benefit him and the PBC not the fighter. Look at what he got Wilder to give up by saying no to the DAZN 100 million offer.

If it made any sense AT ALL to Wilder and his career to turn ANY of Joshua's offers down id have no complaints but its getting Wilder to turn down real crazy money that hes never going to even come close to getting by turning in any other direction and for a shot at undisputed in a fight alot of people believe he wins. And even you admit he has done this to not give DAZN any leg up.

I remind you, Al Haymon is an advisor to the fighters and is being paid by these guys to advise them on the fighters best interests. But he is advising them to do things that are in his interest under false promises of riches and stardom beyond the offers they are turning down which we all know he wont be able to provide.

Call it business, call it outsmarting dumb fighters or just say its a dirty world and thats life and id agree with them all but it dont mean i cant find it disgusting. I know its always happened and yes Arum is a twat too but right now its getting out of control. Hearn is a sleazy so and so too but he does seem to be looking after his fighters well and they are moving forward in good fashion with their careers.
      Last edited by DaNeutral.; 09-27-2019, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
        That's a lie. Ruiz wasn't in the picture when the 100 million was offered so how is a guaranteed amount by Skipper himself fake ? Wilder declined that offer he didn't want it that is real life. Wheather Miller fell through or not a Ruiz fight doesn't get made weeks later if Wilder had already fought Breazeale in May . Ha
        Joshua and Wilder both had to win their fights first. Joshua lost. So Wilder would have ended up just doing a one off on DAZN, stabbing PBC in the back in the process, fighting on an app nobody would have seen, all to make a couple extra million. It was a sucker deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
          I see D.Wilder getting a lot of love in america. His K.O.'s always go viral too.
          No one is paying for it though, they are spreading the result over social media. HW boxing here in America is and has been at a low. Takes a Tyson Fury to make it interesting.

Comment

• I'm putting all the blame for this mess to this inexperienced,
            sensitive, emotional little fella named Shirley Finkel.
            The guy who treated Deontay like a baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by TScott2254 View Post
              Why does it matter if Wilder turns down a DAZN offer or what any fighter makes? As a fan all I care about is they fight the best fights possible.

DAZN hasn't been really making top fights happen nor has ESPN. I prefer fighters to be FREE AGENTS so they can make the best fights. The fact this fight can be moved to another network works best for the fans.

So once again why do any fans care what fighters make? If anything fighters taking these multi deal network contracts is the reason we don't get fights. Have your own promotion company and bid the fights to who ever wants to make the best fights.
              You guys are mere hypocrites when the bill doesn't fit your agenda. You are one of the guys screaming how much money man makes per fight and all that ****.
              If you care so much about the fights , why scream about fight locations in SA and other locations that is not in US.
              Double standards for these midgets and obsessed.

Comment

• Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                The PPV won't generate 150k buys. Ortiz will be lucky if he makes two million.
                Ortiz lost his jackpot when he refused to fight AJ and for 4 belts rather his management prwfared shot money and a fight for a single belt....that money is gone for ever.
                Its his loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by DARTH SILKWORMS View Post
                  How does the cost of the fight get that high without a bidding war? Use your head for a second. FOX & SHO have been fighting over this PPV for weeks/months. SHO then goes public that they pulled out because the cost became too high, that they were given a fair chance to get the fight, but couldn't compete with FOX's latest offer. If that's not a bidding war, what is? Why would FOX offer so much unless they were trying to beat SHO's offers?

The 100 million was hypothetical. Joshua had to beat Ruiz for the 100 million to exist. Joshua didn't beat Ruiz.
                  Apologies for the late response I’ve been away.

Of course the 100mill was legit just because Joshua got beat doesn’t mean it wasn’t there.
                  Ffs John skipper approached team Wilder directly, you don’t get anymore legit than that.

I’m sorry but you’re being incredibly thick here....Think before you type,,,so Sho and Fox are going to lose millions to a ppv fight that is already projected to do less than Wilder/Fury and you believe there was a bidding war...jeeez you guys are dangerously naive.

If that doesn’t sink in to you, Nothing will.

Comment

• Originally posted by cally93 View Post
                    Of course the 100mill was legit just because Joshua got beat doesn’t mean it wasn’t there.
                    I'm not saying it wouldn't have been there. I'm saying that because he ended up losing, Wilder was wise to turn down the DAZN offer. If he'd accepted, he would have fought Breazeale on DAZN and still not have gotten the Joshua fight. Yes, he would have made a little more fighting Breazeale on DAZN, but his incredible knockout would have been seen by far fewer people, but more importantly, he would have stabbed PBC in the back just for a small short term gain. Wilder's approach, which was to fight Breazeale on PBC and then wait and see if Joshua actually got through Ruiz before committing to DAZN, ended up being the right decision.

so Sho and Fox are going to lose millions to a ppv fight that is already projected to do less than Wilder/Fury and you believe there was a bidding war...jeeez you guys are dangerously naive.
                    Fox believes Wilder vs. Ortiz II will do more than Wilder vs. Fury did. Showtime disagrees. Fox was willing to put their money where their mouth was and make a large guarantee for the fight. Showtime was unable to match that bid. But use your brain for a second, why would Fox make those kinds of guarantees unless they were trying to beat Showtime's offer?

Comment

• Fox believes Wilder vs. Ortiz II will do more than Wilder vs. Fury did. Showtime disagrees. Fox was willing to put their money where their mouth was and make a large guarantee for the fight. Showtime was unable to match that bid. But use your brain for a second, why would Fox make those kinds of guarantees unless they were trying to beat Showtime's offer?[/QUOTE]

What were the offers then? Since you’re so in the know. What’s the guarantee? Why don’t you use your brain for a change.

In response to your comment about the DAZN offers, why wouldn’t he have got the Joshua fight? I just don’t get it, let’s not forget if Wilder took that when he should have, there is no Ruiz fight and he most probably has all 4 belts right about now, just think about that, before you talk nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                      X