Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Just How Dangerous Is The Kovalev Fight For Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lowblows420 View Post
    Kovalev is going to do to Canelo what Canelo did to Khan
    Is that you Ward?

Comment

Too dangerous, the boy is getting knocked out!

Had no reason to take this besides aiming for greatness but he will fail!

All the haters saying Kov’s body is weak but forget that Kov was stopped by a ref allowing low blows and didn’t give the man a standing 8 count and then later admitted he made a mistake!

Other than that no one has ever stopped Kov to the body legitimately!

All this talk on how this is a cherry pick are coming from people who never in they life fought a bigger man twice their size young or older!

Kov will keep Canelo from
      Coming in with that elite jab that’s basically a power punch and or push him back when needed!

Kovalev will not respect his power, no way Canelo hits as hard as Ward with full leverage on his shot, Eleider Alvarez or Yarde!

The hate has to stop! The bookies are fooling you all, they’re secretly betting on Kov at the last min as we speak!

Kov by KO in 10!

Comment

Originally posted by MagikLair View Post
        Is seems the most common view is. Canelo is a terrific body puncher.. Kovalev is soft when it comes to the body. There are questions as to how well Kovalev takes care of his body. I.e. alcohol

It's also not good to hear Kovalev saying would have retired it didn't last fight.

But should be interesting.. Canelo by KO
        Canelo is going to have difficulty getting inside on Sergey, his power & ability to box off the back foot makes it extremely difficult to get inside. Kovalev can hurt him with just jabs.

I also thought Kovalev took Yarde's body punches very well and he most likely hits harder than Canelo. Also no idea how Canelo carries the extra weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          Do you ever talk boxing? I get ZERO insight from you? In fact I lose brain cells reading your comments. At the rate you post I’m going to be full RTARD like you in a few weeks
          Careful there dude this shïtty POSERS, will drag you down to their buffoonery level, and drawn you with their ******ity.

Comment

As dangerous as a 25 mph Volkswagen bug

Comment

Kovalev has a huge size advantage and is a champion, but some people are trying to claim he's an illegitimate opponent? GTFO This would be a good fight even if they were in the same division let along with Canelo jumping up two.

Comment

Both have their advantage. Kova bigger but older, Canelo is younger but shorter... Its a 50/50 fight, but a good one...

Comment

although i do think kova's best years are behind, i don't think his is all done. he had one bad round vs yarde, yes he was almost KO'd, but still, it was just one round. also, how sure are you guys that canelo can outbox kovalev? ward couldn't do it, even in the rematch he couldn't fully dominate sergey. i don't think canelo is on that level. it all depends on how much left is in the krusher and if there is something wierd on the weight. if no rehydratation clause, canelo is in for a rough night

Comment

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
                    And yes I know you hate Canelo because he beat GGG.
                    You live in a weird world.

I like lots of fighters. I like all of the current top heavies - despite their flaws.

I like Loma, and also like Mikey Garcia and Haney too.

I like Canelo and I like GGG.

I don't think I'd like to live in your world, where I wouldn't be allowed to like fighters because they are rivals with others, or beat one or lost to another.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                      It’s a tough fight, I can agree with the author.. it’s obviously not the best Kovalev we would have seen... but this version of Kovalev is still a challenge for anyone let alone a 160 pounder who will have disadvantages is weight, height, power, and reach... should be fun to see
                      Normally you'd be right but Canelo is like a ferrari. An anabolic ferreari, allegedly. Now GGG and Jacobs may or may not also be on PEDs, but Jacobs has SNAC, and even if they aren't, they've lived the life so their bodies have been able to reach some approximation of that level. GGG may not be a ferrari but when you look at his body, the muscle and strength and health is almost to the level, from appearances, as Canelo as achieved allegedly with steroids.

Kovalev on the other hand looks more... normal. See I dont know enough about this to comment. maybe its just at 175 guys naturally don't look as cut. On the other hand I have seen Pascal, Browne, Gvozdyk, and a few others have that ferrari look to them. And wouldn't you know, both Pascal and Browne have been basically impossible to knock out even when hit with amazing punches (Pascal since joining Memo, I mean).

Yarde also had the ferrari look, and Kovalev dealt with him. Appearances are deceiving. But that was on a full camp, Kovalev only had 6 weeks VADA not like with Canelo where Canelo only has 6 weeks but Kovalev has the same 6 weeks plus the Yarde 6 weeks... and Yarde is not as fast as Canelo, in fact we have no idea how good Yarde is.

If someone could actually determine who would win, Yarde vs Canelo, and Elieder Alvarez vs Canelo, at 175, then we'd have a better gauge of this. All I know is Canelo looks like an anabolic explosive ferrari, and Kovalev looks old and out of shape by comparison. The definition isn't there. The explosive fast twitchiness is not there.

Comment

Working...
                      X