Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about Bivol vs Canelo @168.1 for LHW strap!!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
    VADA testing counts. I thought Errol was going to stop Mikey by the 4-5th. Many of us boxing fans really don’t know or are naive for what happens when “oppress” 70-120 day VADA testing.

The shot that Kovalev floored Ward with was brutal for most, even elites, flush like that.

Not sure why you mention “175.” LHW is 168.1-175 (limit). Bivol said he’s drop to 168. That’s just a foolish sportsman amped by the amount of money he could imagine with Canelo Alvarez, so I doubt he cares if he’s not 100% against Canelo at 168. Like Dawson did for Ward, let’s put Bivol’s mouth where it stands, he can get it at 168.1 allowing a LHW sanctioned fight for his strap.
    Yeah I get it.. you’ll just have many on here crying about the catch weight... that’s all. I’d prefer callum Smith or Benavidez at 168 then Bivol at 168.1

Comment

Bivol would fight Canelo at either 168 or 175 in a heartbeat. Bivol says 168 is his BEST weight. I would pick Bivol to beat Canelo even in Vegas but you know damn well Canelo is not ever going to fight him so why worry about it?

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
        That’s what Dawson said for Ward. Let’s do it!
        Bivol is not Dawson, dumbass. Bivol is a serious champion and said not only can he make 168 but it is his best most comfortable weight. You are safe enough to say let's do it because you know damn well Canelo will never say let's do it to Bivol. Bivol is too young, too good and too undefeated.

Comment

If Canelo is moving up to 175 and claiming he fights the toughest fights why can't he fight Bivol at 175 if he beats Kov? I do give him credit for moving up but if that would happen after he wins a title at LHW he clearly is just looking to drain Bivol for an advantage. Fight him at 175 if you're going to claim to be a champ at 175. Canelo will never take that fight imo though.

Comment

Bivol already called out Canelo at 168 last year.

Crickets from Canelo's camp and fanbase. Probably why this is new to you.

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            Bivol looks like he could make 168 ok

So he won’t be drained enough or faded enough for Canelo.
            Easily. Bivol's camp has basically mentioned he fights at 175 because it's the glamour division. He rehydrates to 181 on fight night. Bivol mentioned going down to 168 last year when he was on DAZN but nobody wanted that smoke.

Comment

Why 168.1?

There’s no minimum weight rules. Fight at 168

They could fight at 100lb for a 175lb title if they wanted to

Comment

Originally posted by Trashman_ View Post
                If Canelo is moving up to 175 and claiming he fights the toughest fights why can't he fight Bivol at 175 if he beats Kov? I do give him credit for moving up but if that would happen after he wins a title at LHW he clearly is just looking to drain Bivol for an advantage. Fight him at 175 if you're going to claim to be a champ at 175. Canelo will never take that fight imo though.
                And that's why I hate Canelo moving up to fight Kovalev. LHW for the first time since pre Kovalev/Stevenson we have all four champs who are wanting and willing to fight each other, 3 on the same network and the other a free agent.

Canelo ****s that up. If he wins, he won't fight the other 3, and he will just hold that belt.

Comment

if bivol fights another 168 pounder and looks healthy then im all in for this fight, if not canelo will be acussed of draining bivol...

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    And that's why I hate Canelo moving up to fight Kovalev. LHW for the first time since pre Kovalev/Stevenson we have all four champs who are wanting and willing to fight each other, 3 on the same network and the other a free agent.

Canelo ****s that up. If he wins, he won't fight the other 3, and he will just hold that belt.
                    Precisely, that's the angle people aren't really talking about. The fight is perfectly decent in a vacuum but I hate that aspect of it.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                      if bivol fights another 168 pounder and looks healthy then im all in for this fight, if not canelo will be acussed of draining bivol...
                      Bivol is natural at 168 bro. His fight against JSJ he was 179 in the ring. I'm pretty sure there were talks about Bivol/Smith at 168 when he signed to DAZN, but when Canelo "moved up" to face Fielding, Bivol called him out at 168 and the Canelo camp pretended it didn't happen, while the Canelo groupies were screaming "JUST WANTS A PAYDAY! WHO IS BIVOL? NOBODY! STAY IN YOUR LANE!!"

hell, he could probably boil down to middleweight lmao

Comment

Working...
                      X