Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just watched and scored Parker-Ruiz Jr. for the very first time...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had parker winning.... but it was a boring fight.

going to go see roket man with my wife.

annie, i want to be knighted, I want to be called sir zaroku, big boss man.

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
      I've always been of the opinion you need to TAKE a belt off a champion. I think reasons like this are why there's never a lot of complaints fro the fighters camps, just a few soundbites to interviewers. They know they didn't do enough and if had worked harder would have won.
      Yeah but how do u apply “Take the Belt” off the champ in scoring? I mean does a close or even round always go to the champ? I understand how a scored draw lets the champ keep the belts. But Imagine if u needed to win by two points to win the title? I think u need to really try and score a round without defaulting to anything close going to the champ. I’d love to see more even rounds. I think a tight feel out round where maybe only a couple jabs are landed each shouldn’t always be worth the same point as say winning another round big and really hurting the opponent. That one extra jab in the first round ends up being worth the same as doubling or tripling another guys punches in a later round.

Comment

This fight used to be on HBO boxing youtube don't know why it's not anymore

Last I watched it I thought a draw would been fair neither guy can say it was a clear win although Ruiz won his rounds more clearly than Parker

Comment

joey dawejcko has the slowest feet in boxing and he apparently knocked aj out in sparring

aj has bad footwork, he was pushed back vs ruiz and wlad and had tremendous difficulties in both

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
            joey dawejcko has the slowest feet in boxing and he apparently knocked aj out in sparring

aj has bad footwork, he was pushed back vs ruiz and wlad and had tremendous difficulties in both
            1) Slow footed boxers are able to knock people the fu ck out
            2) It was sparring.
            3) It was rumored.
            4) Facial bruise doesn't mean dude was ko'd

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
              He turned it round well, though, Ruiz, didn't he? Ruiz. He turned it round well, yeah? He turned it round well.
              But, those early rounds. They were no good, were they?
              No good, man.
              (takes a sip, looks into the distance, and pauses)
              No.... No good.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                Never seen this fight before. Well, I say "fight".

Fuck me. When I hear a fight is "controversial", I expect the controversy to be the choice between the two fighters... not a choice between whether I want to fall into a coma or cut my own dick off out of boredom.

It's okay for Ruiz to go "I thought I won that", but the daft cunt didn't even take his bra off until the last three rounds. He was trudging around with those slow feet of his like Carl Froch in a bear trap wading through treacle.

Parker did his "jab and move", and it went his way for me. Here's how I scored the cunt, on my official score card:

1: Parker
                2: Ruiz
                3: Parker
                4: Parker
                5: Parker (all of the first 9 rounds were pretty close IMO, but this was the closest)
                6: Parker
                7: Parker
                8: Ruiz
                9: Parker
                10: Ruiz
                11: Ruiz
                12: Ruiz

So 115-113 Parker for me.

Ruiz has fast hands but SLOW feet. I just think, if you're gonna go on camera and say "I won that heavyweight championship of the world, yer cunts", then throw some punches FFS.

I'm not saying Parker was exactly breaking the compubox records either, but at least he was doing SOMETHING. For a lot of the early to mid rounds Ruiz was trudging around frustrated like someone had told him McDonald's were closing early.

Shit fight that was, why did I bother? Make "controversy" and "robberies" about fight that can at least keep you AWAKE.
                I also scored it 115-113 Parker, the judges scorecards are fine.

All these revisionist weirdos just try and rewrite history and tell you Ruiz was “robbed”.

It’s nonsense...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... this was the first time ever that a Male World title was contested in New Zealand and the first time a Heavyweight World Title was contested in New Zealand.

... who would have had expected another outcome from such a fight?
                  ... and... just who (back then) didn't have Parker winning in his backyard?...

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post

I think AJ's footwork is OKAY, he just had problems with movement.

He's a big guy, so, ISTR was able to keep out of Ruiz's way for the first 2.2 rounds.

Then he decided to stand right in front of him.......

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingraya View Post
                      Fixed it for you bro.

Next time just get to the point.
                      Yeah, you got me... that's why I've got a picture of Ruiz being sucked off by AJ in my avatar.

Go fuck yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X