Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Under Fire Over Human Rights in Saudi Arabia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA, UK take so much heat from own citizens then when they travel they realize we have the top rights for all peoples other countries do not

Comment

Now its his fault for the law in other countries ? And under fire isn't new,hes under fire with stupid articles on a certain forum everyday. This is why Wilder gets clowned on here with daily threads bc this sites own propaganda doesn't quit . lol

Comment

For me the issue lies with the promoter not the fighter. Fighters just go where they are getting told to we just had a boxing card with amir khan in saudi and absolutely no one complained about it seems fairly double standard. I wouldnt be going based on the fact id get drunk probably get myself in trouble and end up getting a hand or middle leg chopped off.

Comment

Originally posted by VislorTurlough View Post
          Hearn has had about as bad a few months as any promoter in memory - and the shi**how looks to only get worse. From Dopin Dillian to staging a fight in Beheading central, Matchroom may not survive 2019
          Lol I agree.

I think Eddie's overall work is great, but its hard to argue Matchroom hasnt been a 15 or so month sh^t show since DAZN came on the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            They killed that journalist not that long ago I doubt this fight gets half the press it would have if it was in UK or USA

They managed to somehow take the buzz away from the biggest fight in the year smh...
            Lol yea idk that Id go if I was one of them. The whole crucifying people for being non-belivers thing is a lil much for me as a non-beliver.

Mario Lopez was saying that anyone with a Israel stamp on their passport wont be allowed in either so he cant go & I imagine there are plenty of guys in the media.

Comment

Why can't they go to the fight? They won't know what they are. Can't they stop ****ing each other for a couple of days?

Comment

Originally posted by trippers1 View Post
                For me the issue lies with the promoter not the fighter.
                If its your promoter you the fighter might rightfully get sh^t over it.

we just had a boxing card with amir khan in saudi and absolutely no one complained about it seems fairly double standard.
                Or maybe no one gives a f#ck about Khan (or Groves or Callum either) like they give a f#ck about AJ.

I dont think its a double standard I just think people care where AJ fights & fighting in a backwards country they dont wanna go to to see him fight for the most part is bound to result in some backlash.

Also didnt AJ say he was gonna fight in the UK twice in 2019 early this year & now hes not planning to fight once in the UK. Ive seen some UK people bring that up & take issue there.

Comment

This feels like a cash out.

Eddie Hearn would be way to concerned with Joshua’s image to schedule a fight in the Middle East if it was anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    If its your promoter you the fighter might rightfully get sh^t over it.

Or maybe no one gives a f#ck about Khan (or Groves or Callum either) like they give a f#ck about AJ.

I dont think its a double standard I just think people care where AJ fights & fighting in a backwards country they dont wanna go to to see him fight for the most part is bound to result in some backlash.

Also didnt AJ say he was gonna fight in the UK twice in 2019 early this year & now hes not planning to fight once in the UK. Ive seen some UK people bring that up & take issue there.
                    Complainers will always complain a nigerian v a mexican fighting in saudi and all of a sudden everyone is on their high horse, wouldnt be my first choice in venue but just let the men fight

Comment

Originally posted by trippers1 View Post
                      Complainers will always complain
                      Sure, but I feel like a lot of mfers who rarely complain are complaining about this one.

but just let the men fight
                      Lol whos not letting them fight?

People ALWAYS talk about various aspects of a fight, a opponent choice, location, weight, etc when a fight get announced. This fight is just like all the rest in that way & for a fight this big being in a backwards country stands out to virtually everyone. Would be more weird if no one was talking about.

Comment

Working...
                      X