No announcement yet.

Arum: “we want best 126-135... Loma easily makes Featherweight” #Ducked RIGO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by REdrUm0351 View Post
    Rigo didn't have the skills to make the adjustments needed to win and further handicapped himself by not taking the fight earlier when he could of knowing he was aging while Loma was becoming better at the professional level.
    The context is 2014. Why didn’t Loma want to fight a P4P fighter higher rated than him at 124 when Rigo had accomplished more under Top Rank as the obvious A side? It’s technically impossible for Loma have been A side. Everyone knows this. They ducked Rigo at the catch. Just like GGG at 154, that was all talk, GGG would’ve been drained. Just like Loma and his Dad knew Loma would be depleted at 124.

There’s no other way to view it when their promoter says Loma can make 126 easily. He ducked Rigo at 124.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
      Uber driving and beer packs over Cuban boxing and Ukrainian boxing?

Keep it professional.
      Tell that to Rigo who let the beer drinking Uber driver rise to the occasion while the gold medalist quit on his stool.

Comment

Arum once again proved to the world that Lomachenko ducked Rigondeux for the 124 catchweight when Rigo was higher in the P4P before Lomachenko.
        Rigo agreed to fight Loma at 126, then pulled out last minute. Loma was literally in the middle of training when they broke the news to him. Stop trying to rewrite history.
        Last edited by Slicc; 09-02-2019, 12:29 PM.

Comment

The context is 2014. Why didn’t Loma want to fight a P4P fighter higher rated than him at 124 when Rigo had accomplished more under Top Rank as the obvious A side? It’s technically impossible for Loma have been A side. Everyone knows this. They ducked Rigo at the catch. Just like GGG at 154, that was all talk, GGG would’ve been drained. Just like Loma and his Dad knew Loma would be depleted at 124.

There’s no other way to view it when their promoter says Loma can make 126 easily. He ducked Rigo at 124.
          Theres no other way to view it when someone is droning on without rhyme or reason when numerous posters have properly explained the situation. Rigo wasn't skilled enough to overcome the size difference. Didn't Loma just beat a gold medalist much bigger than himself? Did he quit because it was hard? Rigo didn't want the fight at 126. So your ok with draining a fighter? Catchweights are garbage either move up and take the challenge or accept that its too much. Rigo was used to outclassing his opponents and when faced with a boxer with a elite skillset like himself he folded and QUIT. Loma had a size advantage but Rigo didn't have the skills to negate it ala Loma-Campbell. While someone who you call a beer drinking uber driver with a fraction of Rigos skill pulled it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicc View Post
            Rigo agreed to fight Loma at 126, then pulled out last minute. Loma was literally in the middle of training when they broke the news to him. Stop trying to rewrite history.
            He just can't accept that Rigo wasn't great enough. Loma can compete against a former gold medalist much bigger than himself and win while Rigo quit. It must be hard to accept. Meanwhile he called Salido a beer drinking Uber driver but what does Salido have that Rigo doesn't? A win over Loma.

Comment

Tell that to Rigo who let the beer drinking Uber driver rise to the occasion while the gold medalist quit on his stool.
              Rigo too old doe. He doesn’t know how to download apps.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicc View Post
                Lol. Rigo vs Loma catchweight dates to 2014.

Rigo vs Loma fought December 2017, basically beginning of 2018.

It took 4 years for Loma to rise to the occasion.

Comment

He just can't accept that Rigo wasn't great enough. Loma can compete against a former gold medalist much bigger than himself and win while Rigo quit. It must be hard to accept. Meanwhile he called Salido a beer drinking Uber driver but what does Salido have that Rigo doesn't? A win over Loma.
                  Lol. You’re so confused about my objectivity. If I were in denial about Rigo I wouldn’t have ever mentioned him and simply just use Salido over the course of events that happened after Luke Campbell.

You guys still don’t understand weights. I assure you guys that Golovkin whom said 154 was easy would be depleted and deprived power, stamina against Cotto, Floyd, Canelo.

Loma was afraid of 124. Why do you think people talk about weight disadvantages for Kovalev vs Canelo? You guys are really naive with weight cutting

Comment

Lol. Rigo vs Loma catchweight dates to 2014.

Rigo vs Loma fought December 2017, basically beginning of 2018.

It took 4 years for Loma to rise to the occasion.
                    Again, Rigo agreed to fight Loma at 126, then pulled out. 130 wasn't an issue, but 126 was?

Comment

Working...
                    X