Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev Now Older, But Canelo Fight is Definitely Compelling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... Yes... Jacobs had a 170 lb rehydration clause and he came at 173.6 lb (which costed him cost him $250,000 per pound in penalties).
    I’m ok with weight hydration being no less than 10lbs. If your coming in 20 lbs more than that weight you should move up and quit fighting smaller guys. Another thing is these guys are using illegal means to cut weight and not always getting caught. As soon as Saunders was exposed he moved up. Jacobs did is also.

Now CW’s should never be for belts. I’ve seen them benefit the smaller AND bigger man. Heck most bigger guys don’t even really try see Jacobs and Floyd vs. JMM.
    Last edited by Shadoww702; 08-31-2019, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thereeldeel View Post
      They would want to make the penalties very costly or it could backfire on them, I remember Danny Jacobs deliberately coming in too heavy against Canelo and it almost paid off.
      Funny how the hate only goes towards Canelo and not at these weight bullies? Why are they defending guys who want to weigh 1-2 weight classes higher fight night???

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        I’m ok with weight hydration being no less than 10lbs. If your coming in 20 lbs more than that weight you should move up and quit fighting smaller guys. Another thing is these guys are using illegal means to cut weight and not always getting caught. As soon as Saunders was exposed he moved up. Jacobs did is also.

Now CW’s should never be for belts. I’ve seen them benefit the smaller AND bigger man. Heck most bigger guys don’t even really try see Jacobs and Floyd vs. JMM.
        ... a "younger Kavalev" weight on fight night:

- 181 (vs Sillakh)
        - 183 (vs Agnew)
        - 185 (vs Caparello)
        - 188 (vs B-Hop)
        - 189 (vs Pascal 1)...

Comment

... a "younger Kavalev" weight on fight night:

- 181 (vs Sillakh)
          - 183 (vs Agnew)
          - 185 (vs Caparello)
          - 188 (vs B-Hop)
          - 189 (vs Pascal 1)...
          Exactly! So as long as Canelo doesn’t do A CW who could be mad at a 10 lb limit?? 185 lbs for a 175 lb weight class should be the normal not the exception

Comment

Is Kov so old he should retire before he gets hurt ?????

WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              Exactly! So as long as Canelo doesn’t do A CW who could be mad at a 10 lb limit?? 185 lbs for a 175 lb weight class should be the normal not the exception
              ... I don't believe that Canelo will go for 175 lb -- as the team Kovalev already seemed to agree on a CW...

... so: let's see how this unfolds...

Comment

I dont know if Canelo is more talanted but Sergey is by mile a better boxer, and mentioning Yarde's "effective body punching" dont forget that the most effective combo of that fight was Kovalev's jab to the chest right to the body, Yarde was complaining to Tunde after the 5th that it was "too hard"'' he was hurt to his famous chest
                Last edited by Satir; 08-31-2019, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                  Is Kov so old he should retire before he gets hurt ?????

WTF
                  ... I guess Kova would agree to a "self sacrifice", just in order to secure his family's future...

Comment

An ''old'' Kov vs a blown up Nelo.....this is a mismatch in favor of Nelo ?!?!?

Comment

... I guess Kova would agree to a "self sacrifice", just in order to secure his family's future...
                      So if Nelo doesn't fight him, his age isn't as issue ?!?!?

Strange how that works

Comment

Working...
                      X