Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Imam Eyes Terence Crawford After Signing Top Rank Pact

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Where does Benavidez, Khan, & Kavsgulvdgjxd$dgb rank?
    I don't have an opinion of them. Mean Machine and Benavidez are unproven skill wise. Both are tough and can take a punch. A lot of boxing is about opportunities to prove yourself. Seeing Porter struggle with Granados(not a good fighter) and lose to Ugas(Good fighter) with a pathetic attempt at boxing off the back foot I think he would have his hands full with either of the two possibly winning an ugly fight by decision full of holding and headutts like he always does. Khan is washed up. I would rather Crawford fight young undefeated guys hungry for a title shot than has-beens and washed up fighters who know how to lose and are okay with it.

Comment

So we can look forward to Terence Crawford fighting Kavaliuskas, Imam, and probably Chris Van Herdeen.

Oh joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
        I don't have an opinion of them. Mean Machine and Benavidez are unproven skill wise. Both are tough and can take a punch. A lot of boxing is about opportunities to prove yourself. Seeing Porter struggle with Granados(not a good fighter) and lose to Ugas(Good fighter) with a pathetic attempt at boxing off the back foot I think he would have his hands full with either of the two possibly winning an ugly fight by decision full of holding and headutts like he always does. Khan is washed up. I would rather Crawford fight young undefeated guys hungry for a title shot than has-beens and washed up fighters who know how to lose and are okay with it.
        Granados is a better fighter than Lopez that Thurman struggled against and should've gotten a draw. Then turned around and lost to a 40 year old Pac. This version of Thurman is not better than Porter.

And I've been calling for Crawford v. Ugas. But it seems like people only want Crawford to fight TR bums until Spence becomes available after cleaning out his side of the street

Comment

Granados is a better fighter than Lopez that Thurman struggled against and should've gotten a draw. Then turned around and lost to a 40 year old Pac. This version of Thurman is not better than Porter.

And I've been calling for Crawford v. Ugas. But it seems like people only want Crawford to fight TR bums until Spence becomes available after cleaning out his side of the street
          Hopefully Crawford can fight Ramirez(doubt it) or Prograis next year. Ugas would be nice but we both know he will wait for his WBC mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            So we can look forward to Terence Crawford fighting Kavaliuskas, Imam, and probably Chris Van Herdeen.

Oh joy.

You say that like Crawford is ducking the tough fights. Are you happy that Jermall Charlo can't fight Canelo, Golovkin, Andrade, or Jacobs? Why does it make you happy that boxing politics render some fighters irrelevant for years?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              You say that like Crawford is ducking the tough fights. Are you happy that Jermall Charlo can't fight Canelo, Golovkin, Andrade, or Jacobs? Why does it make you happy that boxing politics render some fighters irrelevant for years?
              I was being sarcastic in case you couldn't tell.

Comment

Crawford is better off facing Kell Brook or Ejidigus Kavaliauskas.

Comment

I think the main issue with Crawford is that Haymon won't allow him near one of his top WWs, even Ugas, unless he crosses the street. An annoying case of extortion that I hope ends quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by BoloShot View Post
                    I think the main issue with Crawford is that Haymon won't allow him near one of his top WWs, even Ugas, unless he crosses the street. An annoying case of extortion that I hope ends quickly.
                    Ugas has said he wants a title shot. Offer Ugas the title shot. The problem is going to be Arum wanting options on Ugas to get a shot. I can fully understand Crawford having a rematch clause if he gives Ugas a shot. So Arum is content feeding his TR roster to Crawford until Spence becomes available

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                      Hopefully Crawford can fight Ramirez(doubt it) or Prograis next year. Ugas would be nice but we both know he will wait for his WBC mandatory.
                      Ugas is not turning down an immediate title shot if it's offered to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X