Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk, Carlos Takam To Take Place Oct. 12 in Chicago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had Bellew winning before he got ktfo so Takam is a downgrade.... Usyk vs Hunter 2 would of been a good fight
    Last edited by SchoolTheseCats; 08-12-2019, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
      True. I think his chin will be just fine at HW he doesnt have any great brit dna so he'll be good. But we will soon find out.

WAR USYK
      ... Well... I can't forget how hard he had to go vs Joe Joyce... (in only few rounds)... ... but never mind...

Comment

Originally posted by mawoodhouse View Post
        Dude, im in red cause i rarely post on here...Im on here reading all the time, but only post when i disagree with something. Ive been around these boards alot longer than you have. Evander was something else...a rarity.
        Since when an 8th round KO is being called a struggle? Bellew destroyed Haye twice. You been on these boards since 2006, but come on man.. Where is the logic in that?!

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
          I had Bellew winning before he got ktfo so Takam is a downgrade.... Usyk vs Hunter 2 would of been a good fight
          Bellew faded at the halfway point and Usyk began to land more punches before the finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajvar View Post
            True, but only for the first 3 rounds. Then his tank was gassing out from beating Usyk to being competitive to being battered and then KOed.
            "B-b-but I was winning the marathon at the 1st mile"

Boxing 'fans' are idiots, everyone who fights 100% from the start will look hot chit for a few rounds, but don't doubt the other guy isn't pacing himself for later.

The funny thing is how many guys on here inadvertently admit that;
            A) They've never boxed
            B) They've never fought another fighter/trained person
            C) They DKSAB

Bellew said it before the fight, he had to get a KO to win, and failing that he'd put up a brief albeit 'valiant' and respectable effort against a unified, lineal champion for his retirement fight.

Bellew vs Usky can fight 100 times, Bellew wins early rounds by sprinting out the gate, Usyk paces himself accordingly and then finishes a depleted Bellew.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post

It's funny how folks can try to knock Usyk's win over Bellew. He crushed Bellew in eight rounds. I mean, what more was he supposed to do?
              I wouldn't say Crushed, yeah he overcame Bellew eventually and ko'ed him but it wasnt an easy ride up until that point. Bellew was doing better than anyone expected up until Usyk caught him. A couple of fights against decent HW opposition will tell us if he is the real deal at HW.

Comment

Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post
                Since when an 8th round KO is being called a struggle? Bellew destroyed Haye twice. You been on these boards since 2006, but come on man.. Where is the logic in that?!
                Ok, maybe I exaggerated that it was a struggle, but Bellew did very well up until that point...ya got to give him that....better than anyone expected.

Comment

Originally posted by mawoodhouse View Post
                  I wouldn't say Crushed, yeah he overcame Bellew eventually and ko'ed him but it wasnt an easy ride up until that point. Bellew was doing better than anyone expected up until Usyk caught him. A couple of fights against decent HW opposition will tell us if he is the real deal at HW.
                  Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how he does. And it adds more interest to the heavyweight division. If Usyk had stayed at cruiser, I think he would have reigned for a long time but age isn't on his side. He's not old but he's got a short window. Might as well make the money. I think he said he'd retire if he won the title. So he may not be around long anyway. Just enjoying his fights while I can!

Comment

Originally posted by 'b' View Post
                    "B-b-but I was winning the marathon at the 1st mile"

Boxing 'fans' are idiots, everyone who fights 100% from the start will look hot chit for a few rounds, but don't doubt the other guy isn't pacing himself for later.

The funny thing is how many guys on here inadvertently admit that;
                    A) They've never boxed
                    B) They've never fought another fighter/trained person
                    C) They DKSAB

Bellew said it before the fight, he had to get a KO to win, and failing that he'd put up a brief albeit 'valiant' and respectable effort against a unified, lineal champion for his retirement fight.

Bellew vs Usky can fight 100 times, Bellew wins early rounds by sprinting out the gate, Usyk paces himself accordingly and then finishes a depleted Bellew.
                    I agree with your assessment.

To ****e things up, though, what would a four-round bout between the two look like? All action? I bet it would be explosive.

Comment

Usyk's torn bicep injury is an unknown here.

Also, people are forgetting that AJ needed an early stoppage to get Takam out of there when he looked to be picking up steam in the final rounds, so this is a competitive fight.

Speaking on competitive fights, it is levels above the BS that Circus Clown Fury has signed on to and it's just Usyk's first foray into the HW division.

Comment

Working...
                      X