Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which retired boxers lack an iconic victory?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
    he beat toney and bhop
    I wasn't being serious.

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
      nah i think most of us are cool with him not fighting..lmao
      I would of liked him to have followed through on his statement 'That he could of beaten Anthony Joshua' that would of been a very intriguing fight and build up.

Comment

Mike Tyson #1 on that list by a landslide. His name far outgrew his actual accomplishments. Really. Mike is just praises for iconic losses. The irony.

Didn’t Watch Wlad but I’m certain he’s on the list.

Chavez Of course.

Earnie Shavers

Edwin Valero

Comment

Floyd never beat anyone at their best, so no iconic victory for him unless you want to count Corrales, but he was no ATG.

I would add Larry Holmes, James Toney, Wladimir, Monzon, and Hopkins.

Comment

Ricardo Lopez....he needed a Carbajal or Jorge Arce level on his resume and all he would have had to do was eat a couple pancakes to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              Floyd never beat anyone at their best, so no iconic victory for him unless you want to count Corrales, but he was no ATG.

wow, this thread is a paradise for ignorant casual-fans

I suppose... even ret4rds need somewhere to play

Comment

* waits for this fool to throw great fighters under a bus.....

..... while telling us how great Hypekin is *

Comment

Floyd wasn’t at his best when he fought De La Hoya, Alvarez, or Pacquiao either. He was 31 moving up a weight class, 36 moving up a weight class again and 38 nearing his retirement. In each fight, the boxers were evenly matched. Floyd’s victories are iconic and will be remembered forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Murcielago View Post
                    Chavez/Taylor is as iconic a fight can get, two undefeated champions, winning the fight with 2 seconds left, fight of the year, fight of the decade, controversy, legendary nights, etc
                    Exactly...

Comment

Originally posted by Murcielago View Post
                      Chavez/Taylor is as iconic a fight can get, two undefeated champions, winning the fight with 2 seconds left, fight of the year, fight of the decade, controversy, legendary nights, etc
                      This is a thread about Iconic victories. Not iconic robberies. Richard Steele robbed Meldrick Taylor!

Comment

Working...
                      X