Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andy Ruiz hasn't seen a contract or knows anything about a deal to fight in Saudi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    You are soft, 😂 you got checkmated and now you are trying to show your ******ity. Just because Ortiz and Wilder is under the same umbrella doesn’t excuse why a location and date isn’t out there. But here we don’t have that info, and you are not keeping the same energy with that one, why?
    You're asking me why a venue for Wilder/Ortiz hasn't been named and comparing it to Ruiz/AJ where a venue doesn't exist.

There are no outside negotiations between Wilder/Ortiz. We knew about Spence vs. Porter on May 8th and wasn't announced officially until over 2 months later and 2 months before the fight. Not announcing the fight this early is status quo for PBC. You don't have another PPV overshadow the current PPV you're promoting. That's why Spence/Porter wasn't announced until they were at the Pacquiao/Thurman PPV.

I guess common sense isn't too common around here. Especially after seeing this scenario happen over and over again.

Comment

I'm skeptical - when I see Saudi Arabia, I immediately figure that it means the rematch isn't going to happen any time soon.

Just political posturing designed to make Ruiz look like he's avoiding a rematch.

It is pretty funny though: American promoters acting all high and mighty and Ruiz *****ing about the UK commission, so they say OK well Saudi Arabia it is then.
      Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 08-10-2019, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        You're asking me why a venue for Wilder/Ortiz hasn't been named and comparing it to Ruiz/AJ where a venue doesn't exist.

There are no outside negotiations between Wilder/Ortiz. We knew about Spence vs. Porter on May 8th and wasn't announced officially until over 2 months later and 2 months before the fight. Not announcing the fight this early is status quo for PBC. You don't have another PPV overshadow the current PPV you're promoting. That's why Spence/Porter wasn't announced until they were at the Pacquiao/Thurman PPV.

I guess common sense isn't too common around here. Especially after seeing this scenario happen over and over again.
        So since announcing the fight on June 1st we have zero location and date 9 weeks later, but this isn’t an issue because they are under the same management and they didn’t want the announcement to overshadow other fights, 😂

Comment

So since announcing the fight on June 1st we have zero location and date 9 weeks later, but this isn’t an issue because they are under the same management and they didn’t want the announcement to overshadow other fights, 😂
          There briefly was a date and venue for Ortiz/Wilder but it got rescheduled. It was the same venue and date that Benevidez/Dirrell is scheduled for.

But they need give a new date. Agreed

Comment

They don't want the announcement to overshadow their current PPV. This is common in boxing. When was Lomachenko v. Campbell announced? During the Whyte/Rivas PPV week. You've been watching this sport for years and still don't pay attention to what's going on

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              There briefly was a date and venue for Ortiz/Wilder but it got rescheduled. It was the same venue and date that Benevidez/Dirrell is scheduled for.

But they need give a new date. Agreed
              I know, this is why am asking motor to keep the same energy. I know a venue and date was leaked/rumoured for a few days and that was taken back. It’s just funny watching him twist and turn his words to fit whatever agenda suits his PBC loyalties.

Comment

They don't want the announcement to overshadow their current PPV. This is common in boxing. When was Lomachenko v. Campbell announced? During the Whyte/Rivas PPV week. You've been watching this sport for years and still don't pay attention to what's going on
                Yeah 😂 Just keep the same energy.

Comment

Yeah 😂 Just keep the same energy.
                  I just gave you two is the most recent examples to show you what I'm saying is the norm. Not just from PBC but from Matchroom also. If you don't get it you never will

Comment

I just gave you two is the most recent examples to show you what I'm saying is the norm. Not just from PBC but from Matchroom also. If you don't get it you never will
                    It’s ok cobra you’ve had enough for the day. You would still get your PBC cheque

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                      A side Andy doesn't have to be informed the venue/date/place..etc The fight gets made on team Joshuas terms, they aren't going to play around here .
                      Then why he is propositioning Saudi Arabia for a venue when he has already said that the fight would be staged in Cardiff on Dec 14?

It just goes to show that the man who is backing Andy Ruiz up has major influence and power in this game. Those are not the words of Andy Ruiz saying that, those are the words of a career adviser, behind the scenes who are pulling his strings saying them.

You've seen how fast Edward has backtracked, hedged and buckled on this issue; Because he takes Andy Ruiz' threats of not fighting in the U.K. Very seriously. For them to move the venue from Cardiff to Saudi Arabia; Actually makes Matchroom looks weak to the boxing public.

This only demonstrates that Al Haymon is the real power broker and mover and shaker in boxing and not Matchroom or Eddie Hearn.

Comment

Working...
                      X