No announcement yet.

Why did AJ not get extra time in NY?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
    Fair play to you IF youre serious about the over all sport. If it was AJ that received the extra time and you would still point it out then we need more fans like you. But with your blantant knocks on the "American" boxing system without mentioning other countries, it comes off that you think AJ would have won had he got extra time.....im telling you he wouldnt.
    Im sure 10 minutes could not of saved Joshua in that fight. Im just talking about a rule that is very easily manipulated to benefit a favoured fighter and i have seen that exact thing happen. I heard alot of excuses and reasons why there was nothing fishy about it then in the very same state ive seen other fights where this rule should be coming in to play and it didnt.

Its a rule that is corruptable and im convinced ive seen it happen. I just want a fair fight with a fair conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
      Im sure 10 minutes could not of saved Joshua in that fight. Im just talking about a rule that is very easily manipulated to benefit a favoured fighter and i have seen that exact thing happen. I heard alot of excuses and reasons why there was nothing fishy about it then in the very same state ive seen other fights where this rule should be coming in to play and it didnt.

Its a rule that is corruptable and im convinced ive seen it happen. I just want a fair fight with a fair conclusion.
      Thata the way of sports unfortunately. Cant touch certain quaterbacks the same way. Some basketball players get every foul called on them others called for them etc. It sucks and worth mentioning, but its not inclusive to just one sport or sport figure

Comment

Um? Let's see. Joshua fell to the canvas four times and the referee halted the action every time he fell to the canvas in order to check on him by giving him extra time.

So AJ did get extra time; A standing eight for each knockdown with Andy Ruiz standing in a neutral corner. That's what you call extra time my friend.

In the seventh round of Wilder/Ruiz, Deontay stayed on his feet the entire time and never fell to the canvas as he absorbed monstrous power shot after power shot as he was on the brink of getting knocked out; Without the referee waving off the fight or giving him a standing eight count.

So that's why he was given extra time at the beginning of the eighth round so the doctors can check on him because the referee didn't get a chance to halt the action without stopping the fight.

Comment

Why did Joshua not get extra recovery time Wilder got which we were all told is within the rules when fighting in NY? The rule, which seems like a joke rule to me, was brought in to action for Deontay Wilder but not for Joshua.

That rule needs taking out of the New York play book as it is nothing more than a tool to protect American fighters from losing. If any fighter needed looking at by a ring side doctor it was Anthony Joshua, he seemed concussed. Wilder was just getting battered like in most normal fights.

We cant have these Americans having one rule for their own and one for everybody else. And American want to cry about not wanting to fight in the UK? Im not surprised, there is much less chance they will get away with PEDDING in the UK and there is much less chance of a robbery.
          I'm American and I agree with you 100%. I don't think Joshua would have won regardless, but again that is besides the point. All fighter need the same protection. I hope your post gets more attention because this how lives are lost.

Comment

Originally posted by cally83 View Post
            From being knocked down to being waved off AJ had 24 seconds! Must be a record amount of time any fighter has been given to continue.
            Good Point! Actually, he was given thirty two seconds to recover. Eight seconds for each of the four knockdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSuperLeeds View Post
              Yeah, your comment is pointless.
              Address the issue raised.
              Wilder had a secondary check by the doctor before the round began but after he'd had his break in the corner. And wilder hadn't even been knocked down and yes we were all told this is new nysac procedure etc. Yet AJ wasn't given this secondary doctor check inbetween rounds before the round began. A load of BS
              Aj and Ruiz were knocked down in the same round, if im not mistaken

Comment

Well to be honest, did you really believe that “Excuse” about it being a NY thing? I mean we all know that’s was BS and an excuse, it was convenient enough to be used due to the death of another boxer, or I think the family of that boxer sued the NYSAC due to injuries to the boxer.

But at the end of the day we all knew they tried to buy Wilder extra time AFTER the beginning of the 8th round. And like you pointed out we haven’t seen it since, unless a boxer had a proper cut, and yes the Joshua/Ruiz fight was a perfect comparison to make this valid point.

Comment

Do you really think these guys are about anyone else? Nope lol 😂 facts are what happened with Wilder/Ortiz was a corrupt doctor coming in AFTER the bell has rang, to give or buy Wilder more time. It was su****ious then, and still su****ious now. There is no defending it, what is shady is shady.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    Good Point! Actually, he was given thirty two seconds to recover. Eight seconds for each of the four knockdowns.
                    I meant the actual 4th knock down. Go watch it. He hits the floor, 24 seconds later he's waved off. The referee gave him more than every chance. I think the thread poster has some Joshua/Wilder agenda.

Comment

Why did Joshua not get extra recovery time Wilder got which we were all told is within the rules when fighting in NY? The rule, which seems like a joke rule to me, was brought in to action for Deontay Wilder but not for Joshua.

That rule needs taking out of the New York play book as it is nothing more than a tool to protect American fighters from losing. If any fighter needed looking at by a ring side doctor it was Anthony Joshua, he seemed concussed. Wilder was just getting battered like in most normal fights.

We cant have these Americans having one rule for their own and one for everybody else. And American want to cry about not wanting to fight in the UK? Im not surprised, there is much less chance they will get away with PEDDING in the UK and there is much less chance of a robbery.
                      Im sorry?

did the round finish?

or did the ref stop the fight while the round was progressing?

common sense

and fyi lamont peterson got "extra time", how ya like to call it, in nyc as well by the doctors in one of his older fights

Comment

Working...
                      X