No announcement yet.

It’s over for DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s over for DAZN

Have there been some fun fights? yeah definitely.

Are there some good fighters on the network? Yeah definitely

But what did most everyone sign up for?

Canelo, GGG, and the heavyweight champion with the most belts.

Canelo had a tune up, fought Danny Jacobs and is now delaying his next fight until he figures it out.

One good fight isn’t worth this subscription.

GGG had a tune up and now is going to fight a guy that no one outside of the boxing world knows.

No one is going to subscribe for those fights.

The rematch for the unified heavyweight championship (probably the most anticipated fight of the year at this point) is going to happen at 10 AM EST.

I’m so happy I’m paying to wake up early to watch it!

At least I got to see Oscar De La Hoya’s cousin get knocked out and a bunch of overhyped English boxers look like $h!t before cancelling.

I feel like monthly subscription has gone to see WBSS fights that the networks would have never picked up (while I’m happy to watch, the networks didn’t pick them up for a reason), one decent unification between two guys who are clearly not the best at 140, Canelo-Jacobs, Ruiz-Joshua and the sleep medications we call Demtrius Andrade and Tevin Farmer.

Just so no one thinks I’m being biased, ESPN, ESPN+, Fox, FSN and Showtime all suck too. I think the way to go might be an antenna that gets Fox and waiting for YouTube to catch up. Then I wouldn’t be spending $70 a month to watch $h!t fights. And if a fight is decent, there’s a 90-percent chance I have to pay PPV now.

Free is better since we’re surround by pond scum sucking our wallets dry for nothing in return.

**** all these networks and promoters. They should be ashamed.

But mostly **** Hearn and DAZN for all their ******** this year.

People will tune in to see GGG fight Derev. It's a good fight and GGG is top5 boxing star.

Comment

The L on Canelo's Sept. fight is a pretty big L. And they definitely haven't made due with their promise of making super PPV type cards twice a year or w/e they claimed they'd do oh so long ago. They need to cycle up with their boxing game.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        People will tune in to see GGG fight Derev. It's a good fight and GGG is top5 boxing star.
        Derev held Jacobs to a split decision and hurt him. He is a good fighter who comes to fight. I think he would beat Andrade and Jermall. I look forward to GGG fighting him and I think GGG knocks him out within 6 rounds.

Comment

I dunno about that I enjoyed Doheny Roman, Estrada-Rungvisai and Hooker-Ramirez loads. All absolute wars between top level fighters. Canelo-Jacobs and Ruiz-Joshua were good too, what's to complain about really? I'm just here to see class fights like that and hope for more. Who cares about boxing politics?

Comment

Jesus Christ, its just another sports platform, if you dont like it dont buy it. These Anti DAZN threads are cropping up on an hourly basis and they always end up being about "im not enjoying the content so its proof its going to fail".

What ever, if it does it does, if it succeeds. Im a Boxing fan not a network fan if DAZN fails the fighters wont all be taken around the back and shot, life goes on, Boxing goes on the fighters will still be fighting, just not on DAZN.

Bellends like this guy and MCC hating on it to us isnt going to make much difference.

Comment

FFS if you don't like it DON'T BUY IT!

Now let's all MOVE ON.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                The rematch for the unified heavyweight championship (probably the most anticipated fight of the year at this point) is going to happen at 10 AM EST.
                SA is 10 hours ahead of the west coast, 7 ahead of the east coast. I'm sure the fight will happen in the AM over there so that it happens in the PM over here. At least I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                  FFS if you don't like it DON'T BUY IT!

Now let's all MOVE ON.
                  We’ve sat through plenty of “you need to subscribe” shill threads. We will survive fair criticism of all platforms. Somehow.

No one is making anyone click on pro- or anti-dazn threads.

Comment

Rungsivai-estrada
                    Roman-doheny
                    Vargas-soto
                    Fowler-fitzgerald
                    The Jessica McCaskill fight
                    Taylor-baranchyk
                    Taylor-persoon
                    Ruiz-joshua
                    Dlh-rios
                    Hooker-ramirez

All great fights.

This Saturday we get two potential fight of the year candidates.

We get two canelo fights.

The wbss(inoue-donaire should be incredible)

Were getting ruiz-joshua 2

We get GGG fights

We get usyks heavyweight debut.
                    We get lower level hearn cards which have produced some very good scraps

I've already got my money's worth this year with DAZN, n I will support them until the end.

I've found boxing fans are the *****yest fans among all sport fans. I'm not like some on here who are "network" fanboys, but if I had to choose between PBC, ESPN, or DAZN I'd choose DAZN all day. We get more cards per year then other networks, n they generally show at least SIX fights per card, where you only get two-three with pbc. Go DAZN!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X