Deontay Wilder's power is grossly overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    like i said..go try your luck and tell us about it
    The guy couldn't even knock out an internet troll that's like 1/3 his size. What makes you think he can knock me out when I weigh more than him and I train 24/7?

Wilder vs a small internet troll:

https://youtu.be/aflkKR43IHo

^Where was that overrated power in there? LMAO at this idiot punching like a mule, loool.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
      The guy couldn't even knock out an internet troll that's like 1/3 his size. What makes you think he can knock me out when I weigh more than him and I train 24/7?

Wilder vs a small internet troll:

https://youtu.be/aflkKR43IHo

^Where was that overrated power in there? LMAO at this idiot punching like a mule, loool.
      Go try your luck man

Comment

You need to fix your teeth before you wanna talk about another man.

Comment

Originally posted by aAgger View Post
          His power is overrated in the sense that there are nonsense claims from his fans calling him the GOAT puncher, which he is not. But he is nevertheless the hardest puncher of this era.
          I think it's not him being named GOAT puncher there are many fighters through out history who are better technical punchers but when it comes to plain raw power he is the hardest hitting right hand so far in history.

Comment

Originally posted by Dariusz View Post
            As I said before, Wilder has never fought a guy with a really iron chin. If he can KO someone with a very good chin, I will admit I was wrong.
            I think Duhaupas has a really tough chin remember Povetkin ktfo of him but was on PED at the time.

Comment

Wilder f#cks dudes up in a way I've rarely seen in HW boxing. If his power is overrated its not grossly overrated. Its minimally overrated.

His boxing skills suck ass no doubt & he'd probably be virtually unbeatable if he could actually box on average as good as past HW title holders. Thats how good his power is that in spite of being a 2/10 in boxing skills compared to other world class boxers he keeps winning & he's winning almost exclusively on his power. I'd argue his athleticism plays a part to, but a much much smaller part.

Comment

Originally posted by Dariusz View Post
                As I said before, Wilder has never fought a guy with a really iron chin. If he can KO someone with a very good chin, I will admit I was wrong.
                Which current HW would in your opinion count as a "guy with a really iron chin"?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
                  I think Duhaupas has a really tough chin remember Povetkin ktfo of him but was on PED at the time.
                  True, I forgot about Duhaupas. He has a good chin, at least good enough to be beaten by Wilder by 11 rounds and never was seriously rocked and never hit the canvas in this duell despite Wilder hit him many times with clean with his right hand.
                  It sorta proves my point a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
                    Which current HW would in your opinion count as a "guy with a really iron chin"?
                    My countryman Kownacki, Ruiz or Parker (previously Tua, for instance, who never was floored).
                    If Wilder wins by KO with at least one of the three afore mentioned, I will never doubt in his power.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
                      I mean...he didn't even knock out Charlie Zelenoff if we're being real.

Yup, Wilder has zero power by the OP's logic.

Comment

Working...
                      X