Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let’s be honest if floyd beat thurman......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
    Didn’t floyd fight manny right after he pulverized the great Chris algirie? And it was confirmed by Freddie roach that Floyd was down to fight manny back in 2010 but the drug testing is what delayed the fight initially. Floyd signed the contract manny didn’t. So you might want to blame Pac for that.
    yes, fought waited until marquez nearly killed manny. then floyd was all game after that. before marquez nearly killed manny, floyd was still running around with "i will never do business with bob arum".. i think you forgot that part.

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
      Didn’t floyd fight manny right after he pulverized the great Chris algirie? And it was confirmed by Freddie roach that Floyd was down to fight manny back in 2010 but the drug testing is what delayed the fight initially. Floyd signed the contract manny didn’t. So you might want to blame Pac for that.
      signing a contract that his team draft up with all his demands doesnt mean anything idiot! that's why there's a thing called "negotiation" where BOTH teams have to come to an agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
        yes, fought waited until marquez nearly killed manny. then floyd was all game after that. before marquez nearly killed manny, floyd was still running around with "i will never do business with bob arum".. i think you forgot that part.
        Yup. That's the excuse after Floyd could no longer use the peds accusation cos he got his *ss sued by a defamation case which Manny won. $$$ right out of his pockets just because of his big fckn mouth. Serves him right.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          That’s true, but that’s what you get when you’re the best of your era in your sport. You get put to higher standards. I do think Mayweather would get some credit though, definitely not as much as Pacquiao though. Thurman’s layoff, inactivity and shoulder injury would be put on blast by writers and fans a lot more for Mayweather.
          Who are we kidding. If Floyd beat thurman, floyd fans wouldn't mention lopez fight, and only talk Garcia and porter wins and how old Floyd was at 36, fighting undefeated, young prime lion who didn't know how to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
            "green" Canelo is still a much better fighter than fighter that "prime" Thurman is.
            What evidence you got to prove that? Nelo never beat anyone of note.
            If Floyd beat thurman Floyd wouldn't acknowledge thurmans shortcomings. Just like they won't acknowledge nelos at the time

Comment

Thurman would be a tough fight for any inactive fighter , have to say no.

Comment

Why is this a conversation. Thurman was mandatory to Floyd's WBC title and called him out incessantly. Floyd ignored it, cherrypicked Berto, and in the wake of Manny beating Thurman, now you got Larry making threads protecting Floyd from cherrypicking, and this thread is obviously downplaying Manny beating Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  Why is this a conversation. Thurman was mandatory to Floyd's WBC title and called him out incessantly. Floyd ignored it, cherrypicked Berto, and in the wake of Manny beating Thurman, now you got Larry making threads protecting Floyd from cherrypicking, and this thread is obviously downplaying Manny beating Thurman.
                  This thread was not made to downplay manny beating Thurman. If you actually read what I said, I said that thurman would be a good win for anybody INCLUDING Floyd. It was about people trying to downplay floyd as they do after he beats a opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
                    This thread is another case of...

Woulda
                    Shoulda
                    Coulda

Alot of wishy washy argument

At the end of the day, he didn't fight Thurman who was the mandatory for Floyd's WBA belt. Thurman called him out several times. Didn't give his fellow upcoming brothas a chance. None. He fought old Berto.
                    /thread

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      What evidence you got to prove that? Nelo never beat anyone of note.
                      If Floyd beat thurman Floyd wouldn't acknowledge thurmans shortcomings. Just like they won't acknowledge nelos at the time
                      Canelo had just beaten an undefeated Austin trout who just beat cotto. Canelo was packing out shows stop acting canelo was just fresh on the scene and popped out of no where. People was saying floyd was ducking him just like he was ducking manny. But once again after Floyd beat them he was green and not ready but before the fight Floyd was supposed scared of him.

Comment

Working...
                      X