Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let’s be honest if floyd beat thurman......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
    Canelo with 40+ fights = too green
    Thurman with 20+ fights = prime

Hilarious.
    You are forgetting: It wasn't just the critics who said that about Canelo.
    Floyd's side said that Canelo was too green!!!

Here are more quotes from Floyd's camp:
    "Canelo 's plan is to move? We want Canelo to move because he gets tired" Floyd Mayweather Sr

" All of his fights are in Mexico. It's going to be an easy fight" Mayweather

"(Canelo) went the distance with C and D level fighters" - FLoyd Mayweather

- "If Floyd takes the Canelo fight, it will be EASY. Canelo was so tired in his last fight against Trout. From what I seen of Canelo, I seen NOTHING, to be honest with you!" Floyd Mayweather Sr

- "Canelo is struggling to make weight....HIS BODY WON'T BE READY BY FIGHT TIME" Floyd Mayweather Sr

- ROGER MAYWEATHER BREAKS DOWN CANELO ALVAREZ: "I'VE SEEN HIS LAST FIGHT...IT WASN'T THAT GOOD"

In summary, the weeks and months prior to the Canelo fight, Floyd and friends (Floyd jr, Roger and Sr ...) all said that Canelo was too slow, green, draining to come in at 152, gets tired, fights in spurts (gets tired to fight 3 minute rounds), cement feet, ….

The attribute that Canelo had the edge on they tried to take it away by draining him down to 152 CW!

Andre Ward on Thurman vs Manny: 50-50 fight

Tyson on Canelo vs Floyd: "Canelo is very 1 dimensional. He does well against someone who wants to fight him. Floyd will not fight him and will be elusive and HOLD him" Tyson.

Last edited by ADP02; 08-11-2019, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• Pac fans still shy about attaching names to Pac ''accomplishments''

If I were Pac, I'd disown them

''What about May, though ?!?!?''

Comment

• “Let’s be honest “ lol

If Floyd had done it, there would have been even more hoopla than there was. That’s being honest.

Floyd fans are in mommy mode even when it is hard to imagine why they would be.
        Just an honest observation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
          Pac fans still shy about attaching names to Pac ''accomplishments''

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          “Let’s be honest “ lol

If Floyd had done it, there would have been even more hoopla than there was. That’s being honest.

I've been trying forever.....

Comment

• I wonder why obvious troll threads get so much attention. Smh idiots on both sides

Comment

• Originally posted by 4truth View Post
              “Let’s be honest “ lol

Would floyd get called fighter of the decade or ATG for beating thurman?.....no. Hell he beat canelo,pacquiao,cotto,and mosley and got called a cherry picker lol.

Comment

• How many of mannys opponents are either coming off a loss or coming off a very non impressive win, like thurman just did?

I honestly lost count.

If you think Thurman was in his prime, that is fine. It prime isn't very good then because he had a terrible fight with Lopez.

Or you can think Thurman is out of prime after the 2 year layoff and Manny just fought another guy who is out of it.

either way

Comment

• Originally posted by The tucker View Post
                  Would floyd get called fighter of the decade or ATG for beating thurman?.....no. Hell he beat canelo,pacquiao,cotto,and mosley and got called a cherry picker lol.
                  Floyd s known as Mr cautious so of course he'd not be known as fotd or higher echelon atg.
                  Beating weakest version of nelo, past prime 5 loss ssm, controversial Pac win with no rematch, and Pac s used goods in cott o of course won't impress people. do you want people's mouths to open in amazement or something? Give nelo rematch.

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                  Pac fans still shy about attaching names to Pac ''accomplishments''

Floyd s known as Mr cautious, cherry picker. What amazing thing is it you imagine Floyd did to earn himself that reputation he worked so hard for btw?
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 08-11-2019, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Manny and Floyd are both special fighters who have had stellar careers. The fanatics on both sides seem to overlook the fighter they support career in terms of how they picked their opponents and why. Boxing is a business and fighters will try to capitalize on each others names at the right time. If both sides admitted their fighters faults people could make a better argument when debating the greatness of one over another. They both used catch weights to gain advantages over other fighters but the opponent also took that fight. They both fought fighters on their way out but it also was a good paycheck for that aging fighter. Everyone wins except the few fans who get hung up on stupid *****.

Comment

• [QUOTE=hugh grant;19980060]Floyd s known as Mr cautious so of course he'd not be known as fotd or higher echelon atg.
                      Beating weakest version of nelo, past prime 5 loss ssm, controversial Pac win with no rematch, and Pac s used goods in cott o of course won't impress people. do you want people's mouths to open in amazement or something? Give nelo rematch.

Are you ******ed? How is undefeated canelo the weakest version lol? And if Ssm who was coming off a big win
                      Against margarito was past prime with floyd what was pacquiao doing in the ring with him after he lost to floyd and had a terrible fight and draw against mora? Doesn’t that make pacquiao a even bigger cherry picker? Pacquiao has fought plenty of floyd left overs and while they FURTHER OUT THERE PRIME but you give him credit for those fights.

And then you say Floyd AT 42 YEARS OLD should give canelo who was in talks to fight a light heavy weight kovalev a rematch. A 147 pounder vs a potential 170 pounder and let me guess it would be unfair for Floyd to get a catch weight also even tho he will be heavily outweighed.

You sound so silly you shouldn’t even respond because you allready are not making sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X