Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a canelo a coward for nothing giving GGG a third fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, indeed he is. Anytime an alleged proud Mexican fighter gives up fighting on one of his favorite Mexican Holidays and is willing to take less money for a lesser opponent is just pure cowardice in my judgement.

Comment

no, nothing about Canelo speaks of being a coward..ya'll use that word to freely

Comment

He is not a coward. He fought him twice already. What he does fear is losing a fight to GGG in a neutral place. He wants to quit while he has an official win. All the stuff about get a belt and I'll fight you is pure BS. GGG likely wins the IBF world middleweight champion belt this October. It will make no difference. Canelo still will never fight him again.

Comment

I thought both being with DAZN would make the fight easier and logical to make.

But honestly with Canelo getting that big deal, in his mind I think he wants to fight whoever he wants for $35 million per fight. With that number dangling over him, he thinks that's what his fights should be worth.

I hate the PPV model but if GGG-Nelo had money upside for Nelo then he would probably be all over it...if he could make $50 million vs GGG rather than $20 million vs Jacobs he probably does the GGG fight all day.

The truth is Nelo getting $15 millon for Fielding was fair...but $35 million for Jacobs was inflated, based on what that fight brings in...the only fight for Nelo where he probably should make over $30 million is with GGG...but with DAZN's model with him it seems like he has a few options at that price point...and the GGG fight is a tough fight, and I could understand the rationale for him that if he beats or stops GGG now, then it is a hollow victory in a way since GGG is aging.

But I want the GGG-Nelo fight because I have it 2-0 to GGG...and I think Nelo improved in fight 2...so am interested to see if he can win one clean in my eyes, or if either man can finally break through and hurt the other.

But yeah unless DAZN has the leverage I initially thought they did...then this fight only happens if Nelo really wants it, and for whatever reason he doesn't really want it right now.

Edit - I will add that I'm sure DAZN was basing Nelo's purse on at least one and probably 2 more GGG fights...without those fights on their docket I can't see how Canelo can bring in enough money to command a $30+ million per fight average payday.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out
          Last edited by Boxing_1013; 08-05-2019, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by puro dinamita View Post
            canelo dismantled him in the 2nd fight there is no need for a 3rd ggg is done let him make a coupole paydays cause he is the one that doesn't want it no more tell him to move up and fight big money fights at 168
            'dismantled' him lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
              He’s not a coward. He went 24 rounds with GGG and was never hurt or in any serious trouble. He doesn’t like GGG and doesn’t want to give GGG the payday. GGG talked a lot of **** after Canelo tested positive and Canelo didn’t like it. So he’s being bitter.
              Why do people say this? People really act like Canelo didn’t look like he was about to get stopped in one of the later rounds. I think round 10 of #CaneloGGG2

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                no, nothing about Canelo speaks of being a coward..ya'll use that word to freely
                I agree with this coward...the word is overused around here.

Lol, seriously tho...canelo is waiting ggg out a bit longer. The last fight was a bit tougher than he liked. Watch all his alleged reasons for not fighting ggg suddenly disappear next year.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
                  Why do people say this? People really act like Canelo didn’t look like he was about to get stopped in one of the later rounds. I think round 10 of #CaneloGGG2
                  Please you’re exaggerating

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    Yes, indeed he is. Anytime an alleged proud Mexican fighter gives up fighting on one of his favorite Mexican Holidays and is willing to take less money for a lesser opponent is just pure cowardice in my judgement.
                    Cowardice is one possibility but I think it might just be "petty vindictiveness". It is pretty strange how he would opt NOT to fight on his country's holiday (a day that has particular significance to him as a Mexican boxer)...I wonder if he does have some doubt or fear of getting into another brutal fight. Hard to say for sure though.

Comment

absolutely

Many people thought Canelo lost both fights

But that’s Canelo. He takes is W and runs with it. He did the same with Lara.

Floyd never did that stuff. He had a close fight with Maidana and Castillo and got back in to prove he could beat them easier. He didn’t need to, he already got the W.
                      Last edited by Pink_dave; 08-06-2019, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X