DiBella: GGG-SD purse bid “won’t be necessary”

Collapse
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ShaneMosleySr
    Banned
    Unified Champion - 10,00-20,000 posts
    • Mar 2019
    • 10325
    • 1,049
    • 903
    • 276,311

    #1

    DiBella: GGG-SD purse bid “won’t be necessary”

    Cliff notes: DiBella said he’s already been negotiating with GGG and expects a deal to be made without purse bid.

    I guess Canelo fans were wrong. Derevenchenko didn’t have to beg for anything Canelo was willing to give him. He didn’t have to feel lucky to have a $5.5 million offer and he is worth more than they thought.

    LOL

    From ESPN:


    The IBF on Monday formally ordered Sergiy Derevyanchenko and Gennady Golovkin to meet for its vacant middleweight world title. As expected, the sanctioning body sent a letter to both camps telling them to begin negotiations immediately for a fight that will fill the 160-pound world title stripped from Canelo Alvarez on Thursday when his team did not finalize a deal with mandatory challenger Derevyanchenko.

    "The IBF middleweight title was declared vacant on August 1, 2019. The IBF is therefore ordering that a bout take place between the two highest ranked contenders to fill this vacancy," IBF championships chairman Carlos Ortiz Jr. wrote in a letter to Alex Dombroff, the attorney for Derevyanchenko promoter Lou DiBella, and John Hornewer, the attorney representing Golovkin's GGG Promotions.

    The Derevyanchenko and Golovkin camps have 30 days, or until Sept. 4, to make a deal. They then have another 15 days to submit signed contracts to the IBF for the fight that is slated to take place Oct. 5 -- the date Golovkin exclusive broadcaster DAZN has him penciled in for the second bout of his six-fight, nine-figure deal. If the fighter camps cannot make a deal the IBF will order a purse bid, but DiBella told ESPN he did not think a purse bid would be necessary.

    "We knew the letter was coming and we've already been talking and I'm very confident in short order that we will be able to close a deal," DiBella said.

    The IBF also dictated that the winner of the vacant title must make his mandatory defense against the leading available contender within six months.

    Alvarez promoter Golden Boy had been working on a deal with DiBella for Alvarez to defend his unified title against Derevyanchenko in late October, but after the purse bid was delayed, and the negotiating period was extended multiple times, Alvarez was stripped of the belt per the terms of a deal Golden Boy made with the IBF that the fight would either be finalized by last Thursday afternoon or the title would become vacant.

    Alvarez (52-1-2, 35 KOs), 28, of Mexico, claimed he was not aware of the deal Golden Boy made with the IBF, but he was stripped anyway, paving the way for former unified champion Golovkin to face Derevyanchenko for the vacant title.

    Derevyanchenko (13-1, 10 KOs), 33, of Ukraine, who suffered his lone defeat by split decision to Daniel Jacobs for the vacant IBF belt in October, outpointed Jack Culcay in a title eliminator on April 13 to gain the mandatory position. Golovkin (39-1-1, 35 KOs), 37, a Kazakhstan native fighting out of Santa Monica, California, who had previously been stripped of the same title by the IBF, was the next contender in its rankings.

    Golovkin had hoped for a third fight with Alvarez this fall, but Alvarez declined to make the bout despite pressure from DAZN, which also has Alvarez under contract.
  • Randall Cunning
    Undisputed Champion
    Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
    • Oct 2015
    • 6041
    • 163
    • 30
    • 84,599

    #2
    Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr
    I guess Canelo fans were wrong. Derevenchenko didn’t have to beg for anything Canelo was willing to give him. He didn’t have to feel lucky to have a $5.5 million offer and he is worth more than they thought.

    LOL

    Comment

    • icha
      Undisputed Champion
      Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
      • Apr 2013
      • 9516
      • 330
      • 370
      • 78,629

      #3
      Originally posted by Randall Cunning
      so he rejected canelos money only to get about the same amount on an easier fight vs GGG, cant blame serg and his camp for that, LMAO...

      Comment

      • ShaneMosleySr
        Banned
        Unified Champion - 10,00-20,000 posts
        • Mar 2019
        • 10325
        • 1,049
        • 903
        • 276,311

        #4
        So someone who will make way less money for fighting him offered him the same purse as the cheapies at Golden Boy.

        Hilarious.

        Originally posted by Randall Cunning

        Comment

        • icha
          Undisputed Champion
          Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
          • Apr 2013
          • 9516
          • 330
          • 370
          • 78,629

          #5
          Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr
          So someone who will make way less money for fighting him offered him the same purse as the cheapies at Golden Boy.

          Hilarious.
          dont be dumb, canelo had to offer money out of his own purse, do you think ggg will pay serg 5 mil out of his own purse??
          ggg-serg will be paid by dazn, they are desperate to get ggg a title(as instructed by canelo) and they dont trust his chances vs andrade or charlo...

          Comment

          • Randall Cunning
            Undisputed Champion
            Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
            • Oct 2015
            • 6041
            • 163
            • 30
            • 84,599

            #6
            Originally posted by icha
            dont be dumb, canelo had to offer money out of his own purse, do you think ggg will pay serg 5 mil out of his own purse??
            ggg-serg will be paid by dazn, they are desperate to get ggg a title(as instructed by canelo) and they dont trust his chances vs andrade or charlo...
            This is one of the weird things I'm picking up from all this **** going on. Apparently Canelo is signed directly with DAZN, and they pay him his purse. Then Golden Boy have their own deal with DAZN, and they pay his opponents purse. Seems ****ing odd, almost as if DAZN knew **** would go down with Golden Boy and Canelo.

            Comment

            • ShaneMosleySr
              Banned
              Unified Champion - 10,00-20,000 posts
              • Mar 2019
              • 10325
              • 1,049
              • 903
              • 276,311

              #7
              Don’t be dumb?

              Golden Boy is clearly cheap. They offered 14% of the purse to a guy who got the same amount for fighting someone else.

              They should have offered him more than GGG was.

              Because if the offer is the same, there is no reason for Derevenchenko to take Canelo’s offer, at all.

              He’ll get the same for fighting GGG and if he wins, he’ll make another $5.5 mil + for fighting Canelo.

              Golden Boy is dumb.

              And please let’s not pretend DAZN is following Canelo’s orders to get Golovkin a title or that this has anything to do with Charlo and Andrade. Canelo vacated because his promoters are idiots and didn’t just offer SD a million bucks more.

              Originally posted by icha
              dont be dumb, canelo had to offer money out of his own purse, do you think ggg will pay serg 5 mil out of his own purse??
              ggg-serg will be paid by dazn, they are desperate to get ggg a title(as instructed by canelo) and they dont trust his chances vs andrade or charlo...

              Comment

              • icha
                Undisputed Champion
                Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
                • Apr 2013
                • 9516
                • 330
                • 370
                • 78,629

                #8
                Originally posted by Randall Cunning
                This is one of the weird things I'm picking up from all this **** going on. Apparently Canelo is signed directly with DAZN, and they pay him his purse. Then Golden Boy have their own deal with DAZN, and they pay his opponents purse. Seems ****ing odd, almost as if DAZN knew **** would go down with Golden Boy and Canelo.
                nope, only for this fight they didnt aprove serg for canelo (only kova or ggg remember?), they basically told canelo "fight him if you want but im not paying for this"... remember they paid jacobs a huge amount ? jacobs was paid like 2 mil from gbp , and like about an extra 10 mil came from dazn/hearn....

                Comment

                • ShaneMosleySr
                  Banned
                  Unified Champion - 10,00-20,000 posts
                  • Mar 2019
                  • 10325
                  • 1,049
                  • 903
                  • 276,311

                  #9
                  I’m still waiting for all the Canelo fans to remind me how lucky SD is to get a $5.5 million dollar offer. I’m still waiting for them to remind me that he’ll never make $5.5 million in his entire career.

                  Wrong again Canelo fans!!!

                  Comment

                  • Pigeons
                    Banned
                    Unified Champion - 10,00-20,000 posts
                    • Jun 2013
                    • 14750
                    • 1,211
                    • 714
                    • 37,430

                    #10
                    So Derevyanchenko is getting more money to fight Golovkin than Golden Boy offered Kovalev to fight Canelo? Yeah, Canelo definitely needs to get away from those crooks.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    TOP