Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrence Crawford on Signing with Al-Haymon: "Nope"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m going to see how a Wilder/Fury Rematch is Set Up in a rematch if the fight happens / Maybe it’ll be a split / I don’t know

But why would Haymon bring over his assets to help another platform he’s directly competing against. Crawford / Arum don’t have much leverage when it comes to convincing Haymon that it’s in his best interest to send over one of his Guys, Haymon actually has leverage if Bud wants those fights against the best WWs who hold the straps and are on the biggest Platform that can do 2-4x what Espn can do when it comes to PPV then Bud / Arum can figure out a way to send Bud over there

Comment

Originally posted by kraftzman View Post
      The LDBC community wants him to sign with Haymon, yet when it comes to Jermall Charlo signing with DAZN where all the top MWs reside, it's a no no for these inconsistent people.

Make up your minds Haymon fanboys!
      We call this a strawman argument. The LDBC is in fact perfectly fine with Charlo going to DAZN to get those big fights. You literally pulled this **** post from out of your ass.

On to the original point, I do believe that you shouldn't have to change promoters just to get a big fight. However, when you call someone a cancer and a detriment to the sport it isn't very likely that they will want to do business with you. Just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        If he signs with the PBC he will get Pacquiao. However, if he decides to stay at Top Rank all they have to compensate him with is an excessive amount money to fight none of the big names in the division and for no additional welterweight titles to win.
        Yep these guys think like a child

U want to work alongside the best, u go be at that company

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
          I could understand Crawford's position if Arum actually was actually doing a good job promoting his career, but he isn't. Crawford is still unknown to all but hardcore fans while his biggest rival Spence is doing successful PPV fights and selling out AT&T Stadium. Lomachencko is clearly Arum's favorite son. Crawford is treated like the adopted the foster child. Bob could have made Pac/Crawford, he didn't. Bob put Loma's fight on regular ESPN then made Crawford fight on an experimental app.

And of course the Top Rank shills/Haymon haters are more angry at Al for prioritizing his own guys than they are at Arum for doing a doing terrible job promoting Crawford's career.
          Oh come on, everyone who knows who Errol Spence is, knows who Terrance Crawford is as well.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
            I’m going to see how a Wilder/Fury Rematch is Set Up in a rematch if the fight happens / Maybe it’ll be a split / I don’t know

But why would Haymon bring over his assets to help another platform he’s directly competing against. Crawford / Arum don’t have much leverage when it comes to convincing Haymon that it’s in his best interest to send over one of his Guys, Haymon actually has leverage if Bud wants those fights against the best WWs who hold the straps and are on the biggest Platform that can do 2-4x what Espn can do when it comes to PPV then Bud / Arum can figure out a way to send Bud over there
            Why can Fox do 2-4 times more of a PPV than ESPN?
            As far as I know people click the button the same way whether it's on Fox or ESPN when they purchase a PPV.

ESPN would promote the fk out of a Crawford-Spence PPV so dont tell me its advertising. Espn is where men go for sports news and programming.

Comment

Last year, GGG was given an option by the WBC for a Final eliminator against Jermall Charlo for another shot at Canelo Alvarez title but Tom Loeffler; Triple G's manager said no thank you. They were not interested.

In addition, Jermall Charlo has been Canelo Alvarez' mandatory for nearly a year now and likewise, Canelo has ducked him at every chance he got and the WBC protected him too by not enforcing its mandatory status. Instead they gave Ginger the Franchise tag so he could avoid Charlo altogether.

So why in the Hell should Jermall Charlo go to DAZN when the two biggest names in the division refuses to fight him?
              Strawman argument. You know damn well Ginger and lil G are not the only fighters Charlo can fight at DAZN. There's Jacobs, Derevyanchenko, Andrade. All of whom belong in the top 5-10.

Now, who have expressed interest in fighting Crawford at PBC? Nobody. Not Thurman, not Porter, Garcia, Spence, Broner, none...

Yet you want one to cross the street, but not the other? Why?

Comment

If boxing becomes monopolized like the UFC, fans get the fights we want, but the fighters make much less money.

Crawford is well paid as the star welterweight with ESPN/Top Rank, as long as he keeps winning, he'll be ranked high at 147 and P4P. The other welterweights will have to fight him eventually. I'd like to see Crawford vs any of them. M. and D. Garcia, Ugas, Porter, and Thurman, all have losses at 147 and no belts (except Porter who's about to lose his belt to Spence.)

I don't care about these none champs with losses fighting each other just to spin wheels. I want them to fight Spence and/or Crawford. These guys should all want to get belts again, and after the Spence-Porter fight there will be only 2 welterweight champs at PBC. If Spence-Pacquiao happens, then I don't see how all of those other top ten welterweights without belts could justify fighting each other instead of fighting Crawford in 2020 just because he's not with Haymon.

If Spence-Pacquiao happens in Spring 2020, we'll probably get M.Garcia-D.Garcia, Thurman-Porter 2, and Ugas-Lipinets, all under PBC: but all those fights are less interesting and less meaningful than Crawford vs any of them.

Crawford will fight Spence in 2020 whether Crawford signs with Haymon or not. Both fighters no that's the sell by date for that fight at 147, and they both know what that win will do for them.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftzman View Post
                  You know damn well Ginger and lil G are not the only fighters Charlo can fight at DAZN. There's Jacobs, Derevyanchenko, Andrade.

now, who have expressed interest in fighting Crawford at PBC? Nobody. Not Thurman, not Porter, Garcia, Spence, Broner, none...

Yet you want one to cross the street, but not the other? Why?
                  I never said that asshole. I said they are the biggest money fighters and box office draws in the division. Those other names you've mentioned; There is not a lot of big money to be made in those fights.

Also, If Crawford does decide to come over to the PBC, it would be like a welterweight tournament. However, the feeling is mutual. So far, Crawford has never expressed an interest in fighting any of those other welterweights, outside of Erroll Spence, Jr. Either.

Which is why he is staying his narrow behind at Top Rank in hopes of Spence coming over to him. Perhaps, sometime in the not too distant future.

Crawford doesn't want to unify with the other welterweights in the division anyhow.

Comment

Question: You gonna have to fight these bs ass Top Rank 147lbers then?

Bud: F#ck You!!!

Comment

I never said that asshole. I said they are the biggest money fighters and box office draws in the division. Those other names you've mentioned; There is not a lot of big money to be made in those fights.

Also, If Crawford does decide to come over to the PBC, it would be like a welterweight tournament. However, the feeling is mutual. So far, Crawford has never expressed an interest in fighting any of those other welterweights, outside of Erroll Spence, Jr. Either.

Which is why he is staying his narrow behind at Top Rank in hopes of Spence coming over to him. Perhaps, sometime in the not too distant future.

Crawford doesn't want to unify with the other welterweights in the division anyhow.
                      Not exactly true my man. He wanted the Pac fight when he was with TR. They offered D.Garcia a contract for a fight and it was turned down. He wants to fight Spence. Thurman was out basically since Terrance went to 147 so that fight wasn't feasible until recently. Porter and Ugas I've never heard him call out but I highly doubt he'd have much issue with those 2

Comment

Working...
                      X