Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andocom View Post
    My understanding is:

WADA = global anti doping organisation.
    UKAD/USADA/ASADA/etc = the official anti doping orgs of various countries (UK/US/Australia/etc), government funded, recognised by WADA & must follow their procedures & protocols.
    VADA = a private company, which takes their lead on prohibited substances from the WADA list but not accredited or recognised by WADA.

In Australia any sport which receives any funding from the gov must signup to ASADA, sounds similar in the UK, in that any fighter licensed by BBBoC has to be signed up to UKAD for testing.

In the US there is no mandatory anti doping testing, which is probably in part why sanctioning bodies use VADA. Its also how Miller can get 6mths after swallowing a pharmacy.

My understanding is VADA doesn't actually perform testing, they send to WADA accredited labs, so the actual testing and prohibited list is probably the same or very similar.

Considering the amount of money in boxing in the US it is a mystery why USADA isn't mandated for professional boxing, I believe it stems back to the promoters claiming its not a sport but a business, where as US amateur boxing is signed up to USADA, otherwise they couldn't compete in the Olympics.

Thats my understanding anyway.
    While not tested through the USADA, they’re still tested through the states athletic commission. When Wilder fights in New York he gets tested by both VADA and the NYSAC.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      While not tested through the USADA, they’re still tested through the states athletic commission. When Wilder fights in New York he gets tested by both VADA and the NYSAC.
      OK that makes sense, and a ban from one commission is respected by all others I assume. I guess the issue with Miller was he wasnt licensed by NYSAC when he popped so they couldn't suspend him and neither could any other commission so it fell back in the sanctioning body which gave him 6 months, which isn't even a ban just not recognizing him for that period.

That's why I think there should national licensing, want to box in the US you need to be licensed, and all registered boxers are signed up to USADA like the amateurs.

Comment

Y'all mfers act like everything either needs to be perfect or its trash. Never no middleground. You got a A+ or an F. Lol. Y'all mfers live in fantasyland.

Comment

Originally posted by andocom View Post
          OK that makes sense, and a ban from one commission is respected by all others I assume. I guess the issue with Miller was he wasnt licensed by NYSAC when he popped so they couldn't suspend him and neither could any other commission so it fell back in the sanctioning body which gave him 6 months, which isn't even a ban just not recognizing him for that period.

That's why I think there should national licensing, want to box in the US you need to be licensed, and all registered boxers are signed up to USADA like the amateurs.
          Exactly. Miller got off with a technicality because he didn’t have a license. If he did, he likely would have been suspended for years.

Just like with wilder’s brother. He tested positive for marijuana. It wasn’t Vada that caught him, it was the California state commission. Vada said they stopped testing for cannabis a few years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Y'all mfers act like everything either needs to be perfect or its trash. Never no middleground. You got a A+ or an F. Lol. Y'all mfers live in fantasyland.
            And Don King put some good fights on so nothing wrong with him either.

An aeroplane doesn’t need to be perfect to fly. Most of us can handle a bit of rough turbulance along the way too.
            When a plane crashes though, it’s never a single fault that is the cause. You need to have at least 2 or 3 issues - or a series of events and contributing factors - that causes a plane crash.
            The USADA plane was probably flying with defects, but that wasn’t the issue. The issue was several serious problems and a series of events that caused the USADA catastrophic crash.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
              And Don King put some good fights on so nothing wrong with him either.

An aeroplane doesn’t need to be perfect to fly. Most of us can handle a bit of rough turbulance along the way too.
              When a plane crashes though, it’s never a single fault that is the cause. You need to have at least 2 or 3 issues - or a series of events and contributing factors - that causes a plane crash.
              The USADA plane was probably flying with defects, but that wasn’t the issue. The issue was several serious problems and a series of events that caused the USADA catastrophic crash.
              The fact you think the USADA "crashed" somehow has your whole analogy lost on me. The USADA is f#cking up fights left & right in the UFC by catching juicers & destroyed the reputation of the greatest American cyclist in history.

Comment

You got many su****ious minded boxing fans believing that this is all part of a nefarious plot and conspiracy; Concocted by both the WBC, UKAD and Deontay Wilder in order to undermine Dillian Whyte.

Which is something that I not only find a bit far-fetched but is also perhaps one of the most bizarre and damnedest things I've ever heard in my life.

This little black country boy from the American South; The state of Alabama to be exact, wielding that much power and influence in the U.K. Is absolutely ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  You got many su****ious minded boxing fans believing that this is all part of a nefarious plot and conspiracy; Concocted by both the WBC, UKAD and Deontay Wilder in order to undermine Dillian Whyte.

Which is something that I not only find a bit far-fetched but is also perhaps one of the most bizarre and damnedest things I've ever heard in my life.

This little black country boy from the American South; The state of Alabama to be exact, wielding that much power and influence in the U.K. Is absolutely ridiculous
                  It’s actually more believable that the golden child Joshua messed with Whyte’s sample to screw him over. Those two legit hate each other.

And that’s not me saying that happened!!!

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    It’s actually more believable that the golden child Joshua messed with Whyte’s sample to screw him over. Those two legit hate each other.

And that’s not me saying that happened!!!
                    No doubt and they are both British and from the same country as well.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                      So first USADA was a joke and VADA was the top and the best because Floyd was using them..now that UKAD had found Whyte dirty now VADA is trash???? I am lost here can someone help me out????
                      i got you man. so the thing with drug testing on here is that it dont exist. it doesnt matter who gets caught with peds as long as the name is not manny pacquiao. hope this answer your question brah.

Comment

Working...
                      X