Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Furious That Rivas Was Unaware of Whyte's Test

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rudy View Post
    Warren is right but the thing is Oscar Rivas lost his unbeaten record this should be a no contest i think Whyte is never gonna box again hence took the money and run. WBC will strip him and put him at no 10 and board should ban him 8 years. He will never ever get the money he has got in his last couple of fights. Trust me when i say the gravy train is over for him. He looks like he has aged overnight Whyte
    Do you think the same thing should happen to Canelo, Nery, Fury, Saunders and everyone else who has tested positive over the last few years? If not, that would make you a hypocrite or somebody with double standards depending on the fighter in question.

Comment

Originally posted by andocom View Post
      Explain your thought process here, the anti doping panel which after a hearing at which evidence was presented allowed Whyte to fight will now turn around and ban him for 8 years, really?

Not saying he won't get a ban, but it appears there are at least some mitigating circumstances no?

Just saw a video about rumors Rivas has popped also, as with Whyte, time will tell and the facts will come out in time but jumping the gun without full knowledge has made many look a fool.
      Rivas hasn’t popped. Link?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        100% this should be a NC. I don't give a f#ck about all this anti-Matchroom/Eddie bs. I definitely feel like Eddie had some obligation to alert Rivas & the WBC to the situation BEFORE the fight, but the main problem with this whole situation is about the UK commission.
        Yes I totally agree mate, there must be some sort of investigation into BBBC, UKAD and matchroom as they had a duty of care for Oscar rivas saftey in that fight, I'm not anti Eddie or anyone really, but I don't believe in coincidence either.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilder_nr1 View Post
          This fight should be declared no contest, and Whyte and Hearn should be punished for putting Rivas at danger for not having told him about the PED use
          Correct mate

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Right. The complete lack of transparency in informing the non-British fighter about what happened.

That is either corruption or a case of the existing rules badly needing to be changed.
            100% correct

Comment

The issue isn't about Whyte taking drugs, that happens all the time. The problem is they hid it. All those Brittish Boxing commissions colluded to allow Whyte to fight with an unfair advantage. They knew and decided to follow the letter of the law and ignore the honor of the sport or the danger in the situation. They put Oscar Rivas' health in jeopardy for what amounts to a home town advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybb View Post
                Frank Warren - p.o.s
                Eddie Hearn - p.o.s
                De La Hoya - p.o.s
                Bob Arum - p.o.s
                And on
                And on
                What about Al Haymon??

Comment

The secrecy around drug testing and notification means the Whyte situation can happen at any time.
                  Remember FM's retroactive TUE granted after the fight and no word to anyone involved until weeks after the fight.
                  The TUE allowed Floyd to fight with an advantage, without notifying the NSAC or Pacquiao.
                  The only reason we know about that situation was because it was a mega fight and there was a little more scrutiny than usual.

Comment

And this is why Andy doesn't want to go to the UK who knew the brits are more corrupt then the USA but then again they are closer to Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      IT HAS BEEN a dreadful, tragic and desperately sad week for the sport of boxing. The deaths of both Maxim Dadashev and Hugo Santillan provide a stark reminder, if any were needed, of the brutal landscape participants in this sport operate in. When tragedy occurs, soul-searching follows, before those involved in the game return to the genuinely held conviction that the positives of boxing heavily outweigh the mercifully rare negatives.
                      [Click Here To Read More]
                      ... Warren just wasn't that "dreadful, tragic and desperately sad" when Fury ducked Vlad in the rematch...

Comment

Working...
                      X