Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Furious That Rivas Was Unaware of Whyte's Test

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    The BBBoC and UKAD are a joke. Their lack of transparency is appalling.

!! Anorak
    From what I can gather, the full facts have yet to come to light, so it may not all be as it appears.

But what concerns me is not so much the juicing/no juicing, how one company can detect it and another cant, etc.

It's why Rivas wasn't told. If that is what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by sledgehammer17 View Post
      If i was Oscar rivas I would definitely want the result changing to a no contest and maybe a vacant interim WBC contest sorting out and even maybe a law suit might be in order as it was his life on the line after all.
      100% this should be a NC. I don't give a f#ck about all this anti-Matchroom/Eddie bs. I definitely feel like Eddie had some obligation to alert Rivas & the WBC to the situation BEFORE the fight, but the main problem with this whole situation is about the UK commission.

Comment

This fight should be declared no contest, and Whyte and Hearn should be punished for putting Rivas at danger for not having told him about the PED use

Comment

LMAO at Frank Warren. He's just as bad as Hearn and also utterly corrupt. And when it comes to interviews, he's a bloody arsehole.

However, when it comes to supporting homegrown talents and giving them opportunities, he's more pro-British than Hearn. Although he doesn't pay as much as Hearn does.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            The bigger joke is VADA. Whyte was taking a drug that is detectable for 19 days and they didn't detect it while doing their advanced testing. This is the bigger issue here imo. This affects the entire sport.
            If you go to my thread where there is a link to a conversation between Whyte and Hearn at the post-fight presser, Whyte clearly says "It's a stitch-up. Two tests in two days, and then one in a million." It is pretty obvious he thought that the testing was done but then got caught out by a UKAD test. Seems he thought he'd beaten the VADA testing, so it isn't like VADA didn't pick it up, just UKAD done an extra test and caught him out.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
              If you go to my thread where there is a link to a conversation between Whyte and Hearn at the post-fight presser, Whyte clearly says "It's a stitch-up. Two tests in two days, and then one in a million." It is pretty obvious he thought that the testing was done but then got caught out by a UKAD test. Seems he thought he'd beaten the VADA testing, so it isn't like VADA didn't pick it up, just UKAD done an extra test and caught him out.
              He'd have more than micro traces if he took the drug within a few days though.

Dianabol is a drug that needs to be taken consistently over weeks to be useful. Taking it once will do nothing. Why would he start after he's already finished training too?

So your theory makes no sense.
              Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 07-27-2019, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Can you link that again mate? I haven't seen it, would like to.
                I think you're most likely right anyway. I've always said Whyte was ****, I don't understand why so many have got behind him.
                Imo he knew he needed all the help he could get to stay in the mix and earning money. Without boxing he'd just be a club bouncer.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                  From what I can gather, the full facts have yet to come to light, so it may not all be as it appears.

But what concerns me is not so much the juicing/no juicing, how one company can detect it and another cant, etc.

It's why Rivas wasn't told. If that is what happened.
                  Right. The complete lack of transparency in informing the non-British fighter about what happened.

That is either corruption or a case of the existing rules badly needing to be changed.

Comment

It was fight week. I’d like to think He wouldn’t have popped peds just because he had a VADA test the day before.

something absolutely stinks in this whole situation but it almost seems like Wilder was ready to go on a press tour on the day the news broke...

Conspiracy theory 1 - BBBC are letting UK fighters juice
                    Conspiracy theory 2 - Dillian was spiked

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
                      Can you link that again mate? I haven't seen it, would like to.
                      I think you're most likely right anyway. I've always said Whyte was ****, I don't understand why so many have got behind him.
                      Imo he knew he needed all the help he could get to stay in the mix and earning money. Without boxing he'd just be a club bouncer.
                      https://www.world boxing news.net/20...n-whyte-video/

Remove the spaces out of world boxing news in the link!

Comment

Working...
                      X