https://sports.mb.com.ph/2019/07/26/...buys-going-up/
Latest pay-per-view track of Pacquiao’s hot-as-hell victory over Keith Thurman is going way above the 600,000-buy mark, according to the Filipino fighter’s right-hand man Sean Gibbons.
“It’s like going back to ten years ago when Manny was putting huge numbers on pay-per-view,” said Gibbons Thursday from Las Vegas, where Pacquiao scored a 1round split decision win over the previously undefeate Thurman at the MGM Grand.
Jinkee Pacquiao, right, takes a ‘selfie’ with her world famous husband. (Wendell Alinea/MP Promotions)
Gibbons noted that Pacquiao’s big numbers on PPV o proves that PPV remains a solid revenue-earning vehi provided that the lead star is a bona fide attraction lik Pacquiao.
Pacquiao is now being promoted by Premier Boxing Champions of Al Haymon and Gibbons swears that w rival promotional outfits Top Rank of Bob Arum and Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions have
proclaimed that the PPV is dead in the water, the Pacquiao-Thurman slugfest is proof it isn’t.
“PPV is alive,” said Gibbons, who is set to rejoin Pacquiao in the Philippines next week.
Pacquiao has been involved in two of boxing’s bigges ticket sales in Las Vegas history.
In May 2015, Pacquiao’s megabuck matchup with Flo Mayweather hit more than $72-million in ticket sales while his landmark Dec. 2008 upset of De La Hoya posted more than $14-million.
The ticket sales likewise show that the 40-year-old Pacquiao remains a hot commodity.
The Grand Garden Arena crowd was announced at 14,356 although according to the Nevada State Athleti Commission, only 11,346 tickets were sold.
Still, it produced a live gate of $6,260,275.
Latest pay-per-view track of Pacquiao’s hot-as-hell victory over Keith Thurman is going way above the 600,000-buy mark, according to the Filipino fighter’s right-hand man Sean Gibbons.
“It’s like going back to ten years ago when Manny was putting huge numbers on pay-per-view,” said Gibbons Thursday from Las Vegas, where Pacquiao scored a 1round split decision win over the previously undefeate Thurman at the MGM Grand.
Jinkee Pacquiao, right, takes a ‘selfie’ with her world famous husband. (Wendell Alinea/MP Promotions)
Gibbons noted that Pacquiao’s big numbers on PPV o proves that PPV remains a solid revenue-earning vehi provided that the lead star is a bona fide attraction lik Pacquiao.
Pacquiao is now being promoted by Premier Boxing Champions of Al Haymon and Gibbons swears that w rival promotional outfits Top Rank of Bob Arum and Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions have
proclaimed that the PPV is dead in the water, the Pacquiao-Thurman slugfest is proof it isn’t.
“PPV is alive,” said Gibbons, who is set to rejoin Pacquiao in the Philippines next week.
Pacquiao has been involved in two of boxing’s bigges ticket sales in Las Vegas history.
In May 2015, Pacquiao’s megabuck matchup with Flo Mayweather hit more than $72-million in ticket sales while his landmark Dec. 2008 upset of De La Hoya posted more than $14-million.
The ticket sales likewise show that the 40-year-old Pacquiao remains a hot commodity.
The Grand Garden Arena crowd was announced at 14,356 although according to the Nevada State Athleti Commission, only 11,346 tickets were sold.
Still, it produced a live gate of $6,260,275.
Comment