No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Rivas Member Details Gloves Dispute in Whyte Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    "To make matters worse, not only was Dillian allowed to wear these new gloves, but he was already gloved up and we weren’t even allowed to inspect them."

Wait wait wait!!!!!!

Wouldn't you be able to make him take the gloves off to inspect them?

UK commission starting to look like the Tennessee Boxing Commission this week.
    that's ****ing clownshoes if true.

Comment

Shyte is a cheating scumbag all the way around.

Comment

On top of him being DIRTY! It was pure desperation! After AJ went down they could not afford for Whyte to lose too

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
          Damn...SMH.

Dude just shows up with a whole different pair of gloves already taped up and sheit on some, Yo bruh, we ain't wearing either pair of those gloves. We got these on, deal wit it.

Some foul sheit, but a straight up G move
          Seriously, this is disgraceful and dangerous. If proven then serious sanctions need to be imposed on everyone involved; there's been deaths as a result gloves being messed with.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSuperLeeds View Post
            Just been watching this fight funnily enough. And thought whytes hands looked small, little 8balls on the end of his wrists in them black gloves. I'd like to think white has integrity and wouldn't game gloves to get an advantage as that is quite malicious. Peds is one thing and most probably do them let's be honest. But plaster cast or removed padding is just a tad sinister in my weird boxing moral code. Margarito was a real villian for doing such a thing
            Lol they snuck on 8oz gloves instead of the standard 10oz. 8oz are only used for welterweights and below. Shady stuff,.

Comment

Anyone know why gloves aren't just allocated by commissions or sanctioning bodies?

I've competed in the amateur kickboxing/boxing scene and have always been assigned the same type of gloves as my opponent.

Don't see why you should get to choose. It would be easy to say, below 70kg X manufacturer, Y brand, 6oz gloves and it applies to everyone

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                Seriously, this is disgraceful and dangerous. If proven then serious sanctions need to be imposed on everyone involved; there's been deaths as a result gloves being messed with.
                I may joke, but I agree. They have those gloves meetings for a purpose. He shouldn't have been allowed to fight in them.

This fight is leaving a lot of egg on Whytes face all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by diarraisagod View Post
                  Anyone know why gloves aren't just allocated by commissions or sanctioning bodies?

I've competed in the amateur kickboxing/boxing scene and have always been assigned the same type of gloves as my opponent.

Don't see why you should get to choose. It would be easy to say, below 70kg X manufacturer, Y brand, 6oz gloves and it applies to everyone
                  some guys (myself for example) have to get gloves specially made due to hand injuries. I wouldn't expect my opponent to have to do the same.

So basically they just rule the size, which in this fight should have been 10oz gloves and they examine each parties gloves. Sounds like Dillian's camp swapped his out for 8oz at the last moment?

Comment

I looked at a few pics from the fight now and Whyte's gloves do look obviously smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      Russ Anber, a member of Oscar Rivas' corner and CEO of Rival Boxing, detailed the events that prompted to their team to file an appeal with the WBC, regarding the selection of gloves by Dillian Whyte. The appeal was filed before the contest took place on Saturday night, which saw Whyte win a twelve round unanimous decision to capture the WBC interim-heavyweight title.
                      [Click Here To Read More]

Boxing in the UK is very corrupt and disgusting. I have seen too many foreign fighters treated badly and out right robbed. I would rather fight in Germany

Comment

Working...
                      X