No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Rivas Member Details Gloves Dispute in Whyte Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    What I don’t get is why they don’t just show us one of the untelevised fights from the undercard. Sure the fights might not be “high quality” but either is staring at RJJ’s big ass forehead for two hours.

It’s actually my favourite thing about the DAZN cards is all the fights are typically show .
    Yea I don't f#cking get it either.

And yea same with DAZN. I always hated hearing prospects on big cards, but them never showing their fight on HBO or Showtime typically. I think everyone should be streaming their whole card SOMEWHERE in 2019 + fit in more fights in the gaps on the show. Its like these mfers putting boxing on TV aren't able to see the bored audience during boxing shows when no one is fighting & its suddenly turned into some weird boxing version of one of those talking head show channels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

And yea same with DAZN. I always hated hearing prospects on big cards, but them never showing their fight on HBO or Showtime typically. I think everyone should be streaming their whole card SOMEWHERE in 2019 + fit in more fights in the gaps on the show. Its like these mfers putting boxing on TV aren't able to see the bored audience during boxing shows when no one is fighting & its suddenly turned into some weird boxing version of one of those talking head show channels.
      Only reason I can think not to do it is that they’d have to pay the fighters if it was televised, and promoters are snakes

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        Only reason I can think not to do it is that they’d have to pay the fighters if it was televised, and promoters are snakes
        I would think most cats would LOVE the idea of being on TV so their family could see them so wouldn't want more money + idk that you'd have to pay anyone more, but I know the sooner guys got on TV the sooner they could capture fans that wanna see them more/attend their fights so you probably find draws quicker by putting more cats on TV. Idk doe, thats just how I could see it.

Comment

I would think most cats would LOVE the idea of being on TV so their family could see them so wouldn't want more money + idk that you'd have to pay anyone more, but I know the sooner guys got on TV the sooner they could capture fans that wanna see them more/attend their fights so you probably find draws quicker by putting more cats on TV. Idk doe, thats just how I could see it.
          Guess it depends on your fam

“Hey mom! I’m going to be boxing on TV!”

“IM NOT PAYING FOR SHOWTIME!!”

Comment

• Originally posted by KING5TWENTY View Post
            Lmao what corruption in the US? Over 100 years of big fights with basically all of boxing history.taking place here and you can't even give something legitimate.
            Say what?

Did you just write that with a straight face?

Comment

• Whyte already said in post fight press conference someone took his gloves before the fight. If Rivas + his coach had bothered to turn up to it they would already know.

The drug cheat issue is the main thing here. Fight should be made a no contest along with every other fight where someone tested positive after (if it's confirmed of course)

Comment

• Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                Whyte already said in post fight press conference someone took his gloves before the fight. If Rivas + his coach had bothered to turn up to it they would already know.

The drug cheat issue is the main thing here. Fight should be made a no contest along with every other fight where someone tested positive after (if it's confirmed of course)
                Just because Whyte said the gloves were taken doesn’t make it true though. At the fighter meeting there would have been a few pairs approved. Backups too. There’s no excuse that all of the gloves vanished and that Anber wasn’t allowed to inspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
                  It’s a shiat commission tbh. So many things have gone unreported but stink to high heaven.
                  None of this Whyte stuff annoys me that much, I’m even slightly su****ious of there being a conspiracy against Whyte. BBBC is corrupt to the core though. Match room and MTK have had iffy scoring on all of their recent shows.

Some of the British level robberies have been disgusting.
                  Parker - Williams
                  Hughes - Davies Jnr
                  Conroy - Ward

Comment

Was it Canelo GGG 2 where they had 3 rounds of undercard mismatches and then 2 hours of max
                    kellerman trying to fill the silence with anecdotes about boxing and Jesus ?

Comment

• Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
                      Was it Canelo GGG 2 where they had 3 rounds of undercard mismatches and then 2 hours of max
                      kellerman trying to fill the silence with anecdotes about boxing and Jesus ?
                      Yea I'm pretty sure it was.

Its too common in general doe, but not quite that bad usually.

Comment

Working...
                      X