Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Russian Federation Plans To Investigate Passing of Dadashev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoloShot View Post
    He pulled him out at the 11th round, when he said all of that, but it was already way too late. That was clear for anyone to see. He was gone halfway through the fight, fighting on instinct and bravery alone. I thought it was a bad stoppage for being late rather than early. Buddy will regret that for life.
    Ok thanks for the info. Seems like McGirt made the call and was trying to get his fighter's agreement before informing the ref. I'm sure he will regret not making the call earlier. But if a fighter still thinks he can win, even when he's behind and shipping heavy punishment, I guess the trainer's instinct is to support him all the way. It's a tough sport mate.

Comment

I think Russian Penetration forgot that this happened on American soil and it's not their job to investigate it.
      Last edited by StargazerV; 07-25-2019, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Ok thanks for the info. Seems like McGirt made the call and was trying to get his fighter's agreement before informing the ref. I'm sure he will regret not making the call earlier. But if a fighter still thinks he can win, even when he's behind and shipping heavy punishment, I guess the trainer's instinct is to support him all the way. It's a tough sport mate.
        I understand that sentiment but he was unresponsive for multiple rounds at that point and looked clearly very unhealthily pale and glassy eyed.

Comment

He was severely dehydrated alongside his brain injuries apparently so I suspect he had a bad weight cut on top of the extended punishment. This practice is gonna have to be investigated and probably regulated more.
          If he had a bad weight cut then same day weigh ins WITH hydration clause needs to be the standard now.

You gotta change how fighters approach weight management. Ballooning up 20-25 lbs then starving/dehydrating down at the last min is suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by StargazerV View Post
            I this Russian Penetration forgot that this happened on American soil and it's not their job to investigate it.
            Its political at this point, US government has them bent over economically due to sanctions and they will grasp at anything to make America look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
              If he had a bad weight cut then same day weigh ins WITH hydration clause needs to be the standard now.

You gotta change how fighters approach weight management. Ballooning up 20-25 lbs then starving/dehydrating down at the last min is suicide.
              Man a bad weight cut feels like torture there is absolutely no way you can be safe doing that. Even a normal one is very unpleasant, it should be that you naturally weigh that amount or don't fight in the division period. Those measures you suggest should help eliminate the practice largely so I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                Its political at this point, US government has them bent over economically due to sanctions and they will grasp at anything to make America look bad.
                True, but while they already try hard to make America look bad on the Russia Today, no one actually gives a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by StargazerV View Post
                  True, but while they already try hard to make America look bad on the Russia Today, no one actually gives a ****.
                  It's only certain bubbles of political monocultures in America where they embarrass themselves, it's a shame they're often the most publicised but the media loves to rile up their viewers so of course they focus on it.

Comment

I understand that sentiment but he was unresponsive for multiple rounds at that point and looked clearly very unhealthily pale and glassy eyed.
                    Did you watch the Price vs Allen fight?

Allen's trainer, Darren Barker, took one look into his eyes as he returned to his corner after the 10th and immediately signaled to the ref that the fight was over. That shocked everybody, because Price was fighting defensively behind the jab at that point and appeared to be happily cruising to a points win, which he later confirmed was his plan.

It was only Allen and Barker's second fight together, but Barker could see that something wasn't right with Allen and possibly saved his life by acting on what he saw immediately, because Allen collapsed before he could leave the ring and is now recovering in hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      Did you watch the Price vs Allen fight?

Allen's trainer, Darren Barker, took one look into his eyes as he returned to his corner after the 10th and immediately signaled to the ref that the fight was over. That shocked everybody, because Price was fighting defensively behind the jab at that point and appeared to be happily cruising to a points win, which he later confirmed was his plan.

It was only Allen and Barker's second fight together, but Barker could see that something wasn't right with Allen and possibly saved his life by acting on what he saw immediately, because Allen collapsed before he could leave the ring and is now recovering in hospital.
                      Yeah I watched that one, he was right to stop it then, in fairness that last round was the most punishing for Allen at that point and he was quite out of it afterwards, nothing like Dadashev though. He said something about how he was seeing five of Pricey and Barker had enough, good call by all means. Barker has been good for Allen, I have a lot of respect for the man.

Comment

Working...
                      X