Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez on Canelo Rejecting GGG: He took a lot of things personal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icha View Post
    it was ggg who went that night to ER, not canelo, ... and i never seen ggg fought so timid before, no one ever took ggg's mexican style out off him.... to act like canelo is afraid off him is stupid...

Canelo literally beat the Mexican out of that boy

a funny thing.....

after that fight Abel was trying to explain why Golovkin kept backing up and would not fight Canelo.....

he said.... "listen, in training, we prepare the fighters to follow our gameplan..... do you really think Chepo and Eddie wanted Canelo to fight the way he did in the first fig.....".....

and his voice trails off, as Sanchez realized that Canelo fought EXACTLY the way Chepo and Eddie wanted him to fight the first time around

Canelo can beat Golovkin any way he wants, I cannot believe people cannot see it..... and I still believe he has not fought the best style against Golovkin..... which is very similar to their gameplan in the first fight, but slightly more aggressive

not only putting it on Golovkin, like in the rematch..... but also exploiting his lack of speed/accuracy, and lack of options..... like in the first fight

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      Yeah, but that has to do with the number of punches landed and how clean they are, not the connect %. Connect % gives us no information about how clean or effective the punches are... you could argue that it gives us an indicator of how efficient a fighter is but as far as I know that's never been a scoring criteria.

Conserving your energy by only punching when you think you're gonna land might be a useful strategy, but only if over the course of the fight it leads to you landing more punches overall in more rounds than your opponent.

Never been able to fathom why Connect % was considered a major thing with compubox... and I was saying this long before this fight, so it ain't about Canelo or GGG at all, just a general peeve of mine - I even used to work back from the Compubox connect %s to work out a ratio of punches landed/opponents punches landed, which to my mind is the single most useful metric available, but one which Compubox never provided for some reason.

It should be obvious to anyone that a guy throwing 100 punches and landing 20 for a 20% connect should win a round against a guy throwing 20 and landing 10 for a 50% connect, assuming the punches are of comparable cleanliness and effectiveness.

Like I say, this isn't about the scoring for either of these fights - which has been trawled over ad nauseam - but about the general relevance of connect % when it comes to scoring fights.

Ok... I know, I'm kinda a bit nerdy about this ****...
      No you're not being nerdy. You're being realistic. If I might add how many of these vaunted power shots were actually arm punches that Canelo landed when he got tired. Compubox counts any non jab as a power punch whether it's hard or not. In the wacky world the lunatic fringe like to live in every Canelo punch can knock down walls and every jab Golovkin throws is like fluffing a pillow. It's totally absurd. It's also the way the judges scored the fight IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
        the so called monster turned into a safety first jabber... 9 months on recovery for a reason...
        do you watch boxing or just follow the trend of what Canelo fans say? Before he ever fought Canelo, ggg along with chocolatito were the top 2 active boxers who threw the most jabs out of anyone. The false narrative that ggg only threw jabs is funny when you consider that he also landed well over 100 power punches to canelos face. Now if you want to say ggg was hesitant to go to the body, that'd make sense, but to act as if he was throwing jabs passively in fear is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          Canelo literally beat the Mexican out of that boy

a funny thing.....

after that fight Abel was trying to explain why Golovkin kept backing up and would not fight Canelo.....

he said.... "listen, in training, we prepare the fighters to follow our gameplan..... do you really think Chepo and Eddie wanted Canelo to fight the way he did in the first fig.....".....

and his voice trails off, as Sanchez realized that Canelo fought EXACTLY the way Chepo and Eddie wanted him to fight the first time around

Canelo can beat Golovkin any way he wants, I cannot believe people cannot see it..... and I still believe he has not fought the best style against Golovkin..... which is very similar to their gameplan in the first fight, but slightly more aggressive

not only putting it on Golovkin, like in the rematch..... but also exploiting his lack of speed/accuracy, and lack of options..... like in the first fight
          He lost the first fight by four rounds if you are being honest with yourself. I agree however a hybrid of the two fight would be his best chance to redeem himself. Just lose that stupid bending and swaying at the waist in the middle of the ring. He's not Mayweather. According to compubox he was better defensively in the second fight when he cut that crap out.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            No you're not being nerdy. You're being realistic. If I might add how many of these vaunted power shots were actually arm punches that Canelo landed when he got tired. Compubox counts any non jab as a power punch whether it's hard or not. In the wacky world the lunatic fringe like to live in every Canelo punch can knock down walls and every jab Golovkin throws is like fluffing a pillow. It's totally absurd. It's also the way the judges scored the fight IMO.
            Well yeah, of course that's another thing some folk don't seem to get... like they think that because a punch is described as a 'power punch' it means it literally carries more power or lands with more force.

I mean TBH I'm honestly bored of the discussion about the scores for that pair of fights... no-one's gonna change their minds now and besides, as far I'm concerned there's only ever two scores that matter in assessing a fight, mine (which is naturally the correct one as far as I'm concerned) and the amalgamated scores turned in by the judges which determine the official outcome. Other than that there really is no exercise more futile than trying to convince anyone else that they should change their minds over the scoring of a fight.

Ha ha... but yeah, I am a bit nerdy when it comes down to **** like digging up SAC rules and regs and poring over Scoring recommendations and the schedules on Boxrec and shit... I'm of an age now where I can say that about myself and not give much of a fuck what anyone thinks.

Comment

You could make a case for a draw in the 2nd. He lost the first, ginger.

Comment

Yeah, but that has to do with the number of punches landed and how clean they are, not the connect %. Connect % gives us no information about how clean or effective the punches are... you could argue that it gives us an indicator of how efficient a fighter is but as far as I know that's never been a scoring criteria.

Conserving your energy by only punching when you think you're gonna land might be a useful strategy, but only if over the course of the fight it leads to you landing more punches overall in more rounds than your opponent.

Never been able to fathom why Connect % was considered a major thing with compubox... and I was saying this long before this fight, so it ain't about Canelo or GGG at all, just a general peeve of mine - I even used to work back from the Compubox connect %s to work out a ratio of punches landed/opponents punches landed, which to my mind is the single most useful metric available, but one which Compubox never provided for some reason.

It should be obvious to anyone that a guy throwing 100 punches and landing 20 for a 20% connect should win a round against a guy throwing 20 and landing 10 for a 50% connect, assuming the punches are of comparable cleanliness and effectiveness.

Like I say, this isn't about the scoring for either of these fights - which has been trawled over ad nauseam - but about the general relevance of connect % when it comes to scoring fights.

Ok... I know, I'm kinda a bit nerdy about this ****...
                Flip side of that coin is when a guy who is throwing and missing a LOT some so bad your wondering what the heck they were throwing at. I’m sorry but if A guy misses 1000 times I’m gonna give the other guy credit for DEFENSE.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  He lost the first fight by four rounds if you are being honest with yourself. I agree however a hybrid of the two fight would be his best chance to redeem himself. Just lose that stupid bending and swaying at the waist in the middle of the ring. He's not Mayweather. According to compubox he was better defensively in the second fight when he cut that crap out.

he did not you shlt-talking fkn idiot

in 5 of those rounds, ALL 3 judges awarded those 5 rounds to Canelo

those rounds were CLEAR Canelo rounds, there was no controversy

FACT: if you did not award AT LEAST 5 rounds to Canelo in the first fight..... then you are a fkn moron

you have spent so long talking shlt that you actually believe it, what an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    Flip side of that coin is when a guy who is throwing and missing a LOT some so bad your wondering what the heck they were throwing at. I’m sorry but if A guy misses 1000 times I’m gonna give the other guy credit for DEFENSE.
                    Don't have to apologise, man, we all got our own way of scoring shit. What it boils down to for me is who landed the most punches in a round and how clean and effective those punches were. If the number of punches or the overall effect of 'em (which is subjective - we all gotta figure ourselves whether we think those 3 solid hooks were worth more than that tooth rattling uppercut and 4 glancing straight rights) ain't enough to split 'em , then I might start looking at defense, who looked to be more in control of the action (generalship) and aggression.

EDIT: And throwing a lot of punches is a legitimate tactic for overcoming someone with good defence, I'd say... straight up try to overwhelm that ish - picking your shots against a counterpuncher who's faster than you probably ain't always the wisest strategy.
                    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 07-15-2019, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Don't have to apologise, man, we all got our own way of scoring shit. What it boils down to for me is who landed the most punches in a round and how clean and effective those punches were. If the number of punches or the overall effect of 'em (which is subjective - we all gotta figure ourselves whether we think those 3 solid hooks were worth more than that tooth rattling uppercut and 4 glancing straight rights) ain't enough to split 'em , then I might start looking at defense, who looked to be more in control of the action (generalship) and aggression.
                      I agree most punches are subjective and a reason why I don’t give compubox numbers too much credit because their human and I’ve seen them score misses as hits and hits as misses. The fights happening so fast and unless the gloves start having sensors it’s almost impossible to tell. There is no way they can be 100% accurate.

Comment

Working...
                      X