Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes top American fighters superior to top UK fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
    It's the style of fighting they employ. It works better for White fighters. Blacks tend to have more fast twitch muscle fibers and weaker chins & less heart. Whites are usually a little less explosive, though more lythe, and much more resilient. Do deer and horses have the same survival strategy as leopards and lions?
    Hmm, this is an interesting theory. What about Mexicans and Asians?

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Many brothas have native American blood, like Hispanics. UK brothers don't dat. FACTS.
      Vast majority of Black British are of African Caribbean descent I think... you reckon they didn't get busy with the locals while they were there? People are made to fuck, man, and we do a lot of it, so we all got a bit of everything in us - and skin tone ain't really as good a guide to genetic relatedness as people seem to think, despite all the fuss that's made over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        Vast majority of Black British are of African Caribbean descent I think... you reckon they didn't get busy with the locals while they were there? People are made to fuck, man, and we do a lot of it, so we all got a bit of everything in us - and skin tone ain't really as good a guide to genetic relatedness as people seem to think, despite all the fuss that's made over it.
        Those brothas must of mated with the wrong tribes. They needed to come to the mainlands for the Aztec, Cherokee, Kiowa, Apache, Camanche bloodlines. This is a whole different kind of breed bruh.

Comment

Those brothas must of mated with the wrong tribes. They needed to come to the mainlands for the Aztec, Cherokee, Kiowa, Apache, Camanche bloodlines. This is a whole different kind of breed bruh.
          Damn, man, but you always make me chuckle, you irreverent mfer.

Comment

It is not the fighters. It is that the UK hype the fighters when they are not even proven.

When you brag and hype a fighter so much and the first time they get challenged by a world fighter they fold by the dotted lines.

The UK has produced a bunch of good fighters, when you hype the bad ones the good ones tend to get bunched up in that group.

Somebody mention Lewis. Ain't he a Jamaican via Canada that fought as a pro for the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by O Prophet View Post
              Hmm, this is an interesting theory. What about Mexicans and Asians?
              They might even have BETTER chins. Look at the power shots Harada took from Jofre. Yeah, Jofre was weight drained, but he would've stopped most other Bw's those nights he faced Harada. I'm sure the punches hurt, but not only did Harada never leave his feet, he just kept coming.

Golovkin SHOULD move his head, but he doesn't need to. He's unfazed.

As a ranked fighter Monzon was only dropped once. Even then, it was at the very end of his very long career, at the hands of one of the biggest punchers the Middleweight division has ever seen. But really, it is owed mostly to the fact that Valdez was trying to capitalize on the slow-starting Monzon not being warmed up yet. Once Monzon got it into gear, he ran away with the fight, just as he had their first encounter.

I dunno if Asians/Spanish have as good or better chins than Whites. Maybe. But I cannot think of anyone as tough as Mickey Walker or Harry Greb. Look up Joe Grim. McLarnin, Canzoneri, and Ross all come to mind too.

If you look at MMA, which is much more violent, it tends to be Whites, Asians/Latinos, Blacks in terms of ability to withstand punishment.
              That's pretty much how nature works, too. Predators have to have higher pain tolerance than prey, whereas prey have to be more athletic and bigger.

Comment

I am reading a bunch of nonsense here. Good and great fighters show up wherever they show up. There is nothing about being born in America that would make someone a better boxer or have a better chin. There is nothing about being born in the UK that would make someone have a weaker chin or not do well on the big stage. All nonsense. If America has an edge on the number of good fighters it would be due to a much larger population and the law of averages. If the thread starter is only talking about black boxers from the USA vs black boxers from the UK it is still nonsense and not true.

Comment

Joking or not, many great Black fighters had lots of native american blood.

Seriously, I'd love to see a 23&Me for Louis, Armstrong and Ali - they all claimed to have lots of White and Native American blood. It's likely that their African heritage was, at most, a plurality, never a majority.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodvenger View Post
                    Top UK brothers like Frank Bruno, Kell Brook, Anthony Joshua, looked the part with their bulging muscles. But they all fell apart on the biggest stage.

American brothers like Mike Tyson, Errol Spence, Deontay Wilder, etc, may not have the same muscular bodies, but they are the ones that truly dominate at the top.

Why do UK brothers seem softer than their American counterparts? Is it culture? coaches? techniques? environment? genetics?
                    America is a big country and you would need to be useless not to have great fighters.

Comment

Give us a P, Give us an E, Give us a D, Give us an S. WHAT DO YOU GET? American fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X