Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Warns: I'm So Motivated By Keith Thurman's Trash Talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Warns: I'm So Motivated By Keith Thurman's Trash Talk

At 40, Manny Pacquiao is confident that he has enough left in the tank to defeat Keith Thurman on July 20 in Las Vegas. Pacquiao, the "regular" welterweight champion of the World Boxing Association, seeks to take away the 'super' title and the undefeated record of Thurman to have a single beltholder in the division. He claims to be ready to shut up Thurman, who vowed to destroy him in the fight being held in the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

July 20th! Best card of the year and guaranteed fireworks! Tune in!

Comment

I kinda don't like him admitting to being effected by his trash talk. This aint Dragonball Z ass Pacquaio from back n the day.

Comment

I'm glad Pacquiao is honest with how he's had to change certain things because of his age and longevity in the sport. Yes him and his team have often said that he feels like he was 30 or 25, which I don't doubt, but at the same time he's keeping it real saying SOME things have had to change and be adjusted. This lets me know that Pacquiao is aware and has rightfully adjusted to those changes.

Comment

We hear this stuff a lot but he couldn't even finish Broner. If you look as his recent fight history, this isn't looking good. The fight depends on Keith looking bad like he did against Lopez. That version of Keith gets smoked by Manny.

Comment

I always chuckle at the 'extra motivation because of trash talk' card.

You are a professional athlete, weren't you motivated beforehand to do your best? Am I to believe that initially you were only training at 90% of your ability, but now that he said things you've decided to ramp it up to 100%? Were you not going to do your best beforehand?

Now though, Pac is gonna try really, REALLY hard....

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
              I kinda don't like him admitting to being effected by his trash talk. This aint Dragonball Z ass Pacquaio from back n the day.
              True. It's not. I used to think Manny was going to have a turn around fight where he just beasts it and devours his opponent like back in the day. We're so far away from that now though.
              No disrespect to him, he's truly looking exceptional for a 40 year old who has been in many, many wars. He just isn't the fireball some people still have in their heads and guys around here very very sensitive when you bring that up.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post

You are a professional athlete, weren't you motivated beforehand to do your best? Am I to believe that initially you were only training at 90% of your ability, but now that he said things you've decided to ramp it up to 100%? Were you not going to do your best beforehand?

not when you have over 70+ fights.. shiiet starts to get old and you have to look for new ways to get motivated... think about your job. if you've been there for over 10+ years doing the same thing, are you gonna be walking into work with a big ass smile and ready to put in some work? prolly not. unless maybe, you are being promise a promotion afterward.

Comment

nobody is trying to say manny is still the same! manny has decline a lot! but he IS still faster than keith thurman. but i guess i am a pact@rd for saying this

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post

i do.. i dont think he was training 100% for the horn fight.. i believe manny thought he was just gonna cruise to a UD.. and for the other fights, he was prolly training 100% but he wasnt going as hard.

for example, in this training camp, he's prolly throwing harder punches than he was in the previous camp. for example, if i am training to fight you, im still gonna train at 100%, but since you talked about my mom, now im gonna go a little harder with my punches in training, etc.

this is what manny is doing and is talking about.

Comment

Working...
                    X