Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: Comeback vs. Lopez Evidence Of How Great I Truly Am

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After about 9 rds of running Keith going to cover up a body shot and his elbow dislocates

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
      if he gets put in that same position like the Lopez fight then he will get stopped. Pac man is old but he can fight like hell🥊
      Agreed 100%. And BTW, I'm wondering how big the ring will be? Cuz they'll need a huge one just to fit Thurmos' bigazz swollen head in there.

Comment

Thurman is poor and Manny is old

Comment

"How Great I am"

This guy Thurman reminds me of *****. He will end up being *****ed by Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
            I actually gauged the fight like Thurman did when I saw it. I saw championship mettle, toughness & grit! When he was getting tagged up by Lopez(?), I couldnt help but think "he's not gonna get discouraged, he's already got it in his mind he's gonna bounce back from this round - adjust - and win the fight." It really is all about perspective. Manny & Roach think they got an injured pigeon on their hands to exploit. What bravery.
            Fact is he still got hurt and almost stopped by Lopez in the first place. Fact is he got hurt and almost stopped by Collazo in the first place.

I'll give him credit in that he also survived a similar situation against a top Welter when Porter, similar to Collazo, hurt him to the body.

In fact the fact that most people don't even remember how badly Porter hurt him in that round shows just how well he was able to recover and just how composed he was.

Still man, it's really difficult for him to erase that vulnerable image at getting hurt so often. What happens when he meets a guy like Spence who knows how to cut off the ring and cuts it extremely well?

Thurman has good legs he is able to hop around all over the ting when he is hurt, but I seen Spence literally run someone down like he did when he finished Algieri. If he gets hurt like that will he be able to track meet Spence or Crawford like he usually does when he is hurt? I highly doubt it, he might have to work on his clinching game for those fights.

Nevertheless, guy has crazy legs bro I ain't never seen a boxer who can hop around like that for twelve rounds straight even when he is hurt.

Comment

There might just be a mini Khan growing inside Thurman...

Comment

I agree 100% with Thurman. He fought back from adversity and still won the fight. Thurman truly is a great but under appreciated fighter. Two years ago, Thurman, Porter, and Danny Garcia were considered the best at 147. Thurman beat both guys. During his absence, Spence and Crawford emerged as the top guys at 147. I understand that, but neither have faced opponents on the level of Porter and Garcia. We only assume that Spence and Crawford are great fighters. That’s strictly from media hype. Thurman has already proved it in the ring. The unwise see weakness and vulnerability when a fighter gets hurt. But all the great ones have gotten hurt over the years. Ali was dropped by Henry Cooper. Holmes was dropped by Shavers. Leonard was hurt in some of his fights. How many times have we seen Holyfield hurt??? Even Mayweather was hurt against lesser opponents. Were they not all great fighters??? I honestly do see greatness in both Spence and Crawford, but true greatness is displayed on how you deal with adversity in the ring. That has yet to be seen by Spence and Crawford. How will they react if they get hurt, or cut, dropped, or a swollen shut eye??? We don’t know. But we do know how Thurman will react. He continues to fight hard and use boxing IQ to pull the fights off. He’s still undefeated and come next week, I think we will see that greatness against an older but still dangerous Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                  Fact is he still got hurt and almost stopped by Lopez in the first place. Fact is he got hurt and almost stopped by Collazo in the first place.

I'll give him credit in that he also survived a similar situation against a top Welter when Porter, similar to Collazo, hurt him to the body.

In fact the fact that most people don't even remember how badly Porter hurt him in that round shows just how well he was able to recover and just how composed he was.

Still man, it's really difficult for him to erase that vulnerable image at getting hurt so often. What happens when he meets a guy like Spence who knows how to cut off the ring and cuts it extremely well?

Thurman has good legs he is able to hop around all over the ting when he is hurt, but I seen Spence literally run someone down like he did when he finished Algieri. If he gets hurt like that will he be able to track meet Spence or Crawford like he usually does when he is hurt? I highly doubt it, he might have to work on his clinching game for those fights.

Nevertheless, guy has crazy legs bro I ain't never seen a boxer who can hop around like that for twelve rounds straight even when he is hurt.
                  The question no one is asking is what happens if Spence ever gets hurt??? We don’t really know. We do know how Thurman reacts when hurt. He comes back and wins. What happens if Thurman hurts Spence??? What happens if Porter hurts Spence??? That’s yet to be seen.

Comment

LMAO 😂 what a clown!

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post

Well said Sledgeweather, I do think we're on the same page though. "Clinching" might just have to come into play if an opponent is tougher than usual. Hey, If I can see flaws in Spences game, imagine what Thurman & his team will eventually/already see/s, and feel they can exploit?? Thurman in all your examples has clearly won though. No one ever said those fights (or life) would be easy.

My point is that he was crafty enough to win. To get the job done. Using his "hop around" skills shows he's akin to the "setting up" mentality which provides more options for point scoring, instead of the mindless rock em' sock em' blow for blow mentality. Thurman does seem to fade during the latter half of his fights, so if Pac catches that 2nd wind better, Thurman might just catch that bad one.

Every above average boxer/fighter has had that "vulnerable image," Every opponent "sees it" and counts on exploiting it for his payday and bragging rights. Its never as easy as they think though. I'm not saying Thurman is unbeatable, I'm jus sayin' he's in tune with the "movers" and "thinkers" of the game. While the brawlers keep on brawling for machismo sake......including Spence (to some degree in my opinion).

Comment

Working...
                      X