Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dana White Believes He Can Fix The Boxing Business Model

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as fighters continue to make their money, I'm all in to see another group come in and invest into boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
      The great thing about the UFC is that the best fight the best, not the ducking in boxing happening there. The bad thing about the UFC is that with the monopoly control, fighters aren't paid very well, compared to top pro boxers.
      Even regular champs,lighter weight guys were regularly making 1 2 3 million a fight. Barrera, Corrales, morales etc etc etc. I think nate diaz dethroned McGregor and barely touched one million. And that was our for him. Regular story in the ufc. Mcgregor is the line exception.

Comment

Oscar de la hoya VS dana white

Oscar and Dana EGO TRIPPIN!!!

Comment

Dana White is a sketchy POS. I wouldn't trust that bald fat clown with a nickel.

Comment

His business model would be good for the sport as a whole, but it would never work. Fighters are making way too much money with a lot less risk and damage with the current business model. Nobody would sign with him.

Comment

I think that boxing would do just fine without your services Mr. Dana White.

Thank You,

-Hardcore Boxing Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                His business model would be good for the sport as a whole, but it would never work. Fighters are making way too much money with a lot less risk and damage with the current business model. Nobody would sign with him.
                People keep talking about the money, but I don't think you can change the money. Boxing works differently than MMA. The UFC is producing their own content & sh^t. They are like the NFL of hitting mfers in the head Theres more mfers in between Dana & the fighters running this ent^ty. So I don't think the money is part of his supposed plan cuz its not even all that easy to flip the price like that anyway. Specifically when their are a lot of people throwing extra money into boxing right now.

His plan has gotta be something else. But I can't imagine what it'll be & more importantly that it'll work cuz he won't have enough fighters to even steer the status quo towards w/e his plan is. And idk that you can get rid of these ABC Group problems with a minority share of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by tophat1 View Post
                  the guys down the lower end of the card are seriously underpaid in the ufc
                  Everybody on the lower end of the card in combat sports are seriously underpaid. Plenty of boxers are making a couple hundro to a grand or two for those fights.

Its also worth noting 99% of MMA fights are only scheduled for 15 minutes. So almost all MMA fights are like a 5 round boxing match. So doing the math per minute that means main card caliber boxers should be making about 2.4x as much as main card caliber MMA guys. Which is probably pretty close to what it is most of the time outside of the super high paid boxers.

Comment

UFC just bought out smaller MMA companies to monopolize the market. I dont want one promoter to own every single fighter, a monopoly isnt a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X