No announcement yet.

Canelo: Post DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo: Post DAZN

Which network or business entity is the most realistic for him? ESPN, PBC, other?

Too early to tell

He has like 8 more fights left I think. DAZN probably grows and learns from early pains and Canelo resigns

Comment

Originally posted by Htown-Finest View Post
      Too early to tell

He has like 8 more fights left I think. DAZN probably grows and learns from early pains and Canelo resigns
      He might end up leaving and tell DAZN to shove the rest of the money.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        DAZN don’t want to be like HBO and let their ‘Floyd’ walk

If anything. Canelo shoves Oscar to the side and it’s strictly Canelo Promotions w/DAZN

Comment

I think he’s got 9 more fights and knee problems I wouldn’t be surprised if this is his last contract unless he goes the mayweather rout and finishes up vs four or five guys who don’t have a chance.

Comment

I'd guess Showtime or someone not else in the live sports streaming game yet who either competing with DAZN or puts DAZN outta business/buys them out.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              How? He has a contract and he might have to pay to get out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Htown-Finest View Post
                DAZN don’t want to be like HBO and let their ‘Floyd’ walk

If anything. Canelo shoves Oscar to the side and it’s strictly Canelo Promotions w/DAZN
                Nah, don't see Canelo doing that. He's loyal to the people who are loyal to him. GBP did right by him, IMO.

I don't see Canelo fighting 5 more years to finish that contract. His body is already breaking down.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  How? He has a contract and he might have to pay to get out of it.
                  Well, he fought twice for them. That's all they owe him. Cancel the rest of the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I'd guess Showtime or someone not else in the live sports streaming game yet who either competing with DAZN or puts DAZN outta business/buys them out.
                    Forgot about Showtime, and that could happen without being aligned with PBC. That'd be nice. I'm sure Canelo would generate huge PPVs for them, if the right opponents appear. Canelo vs Spence would be BIG.

The other day I was thinking: "Why is Canelo limiting himself to DAZN?" With the right opponents and promotion, he could surpass what he's making in the DAZN contract. I'm not sure. It was just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X