No announcement yet.

Canelo: Post DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    The other day I was thinking: "Why is Canelo limiting himself to DAZN?" With the right opponents and promotion, he could surpass what he's making in the DAZN contract. I'm not sure. It was just a thought.
    I was thinking of that when he signed. I don't think he likes having to promote fights so much. And when you don't gotta worry about selling a PPV his job gets a lil easier & less stressful. The selling part I think would be the worst for boxers. The average fighter isn't built to be a used f#cking car salesman.

Comment

Originally posted by Htown-Finest View Post
      DAZN don’t want to be like HBO and let their ‘Floyd’ walk

If anything. Canelo shoves Oscar to the side and it’s strictly Canelo Promotions w/DAZN
      Canelo has like 12 fights left on his Golden Boy promotions contract so that's not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
        Canelo has like 12 fights left on his Golden Boy promotions contract so that's not happening.
        Canelo seems like an honest guy. I don't see it either.

Comment

Nah, don't see Canelo doing that. He's loyal to the people who are loyal to him. GBP did right by him, IMO.

I don't see Canelo fighting 5 more years to finish that contract. His body is already breaking down.
          ^^^^^Y’all right. Never say never. We’ve seen it all. But y’all right. Oscar does promote him marvelously like on ESPN and etc. He does speak English for him lol

Comment

Originally posted by Htown-Finest View Post
            ^^^^^Y’all right. Never say never. We’ve seen it all. But y’all right. Oscar does promote him marvelously like on ESPN and etc. He does speak English for him lol
            I agree. Never say never.

Comment

Which network or business entity is the most realistic for him? ESPN, PBC, other?
              Saul "Canelo" Alvarez is a PPV fighter for the rest of his run, almost regardless of the result of the fight.

He'll likely get a deal similar to what Floyd got; locked up for an extended series of fights, a high downside guarantee, and PPV upside if any (with Alvarez controlling his Mexican TV on his own terms).

As things currently stand, it wouldn't surprise me if he'd get a PPV deal with Showtime/CBS, with Espinoza acting as the conduit to the 160/168/154 fighters that he'd consider fighting.

Canelo fights twice a year, and no different than with Floyd, you run the Canelo sweepstakes in the run up to the fight windows.

Comment

1) there's no way that a superstar like Canelo re-upped with Golden Boy for 12 more fights lol and 2) you're a fool if you think Canelo doesn't have out clauses in whatever deal he signed lol.

Canelo Alvarez became a star under Richard Schaefer's run at Golden Boy, with his initial PPV run, if Schaefer's word is his bond, on an 85/15 Canelo PPV share deal.

I won't question anyone's intelligence, but if you honestly think that Canelo traded that deal for a slave contract with Golden Boy, you're bugging.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  Saul "Canelo" Alvarez is a PPV fighter for the rest of his run, almost regardless of the result of the fight.

He'll likely get a deal similar to what Floyd got; locked up for an extended series of fights, a high downside guarantee, and PPV upside if any (with Alvarez controlling his Mexican TV on his own terms).

As things currently stand, it wouldn't surprise me if he'd get a PPV deal with Showtime/CBS, with Espinoza acting as the conduit to the 160/168/154 fighters that he'd consider fighting.

Canelo fights twice a year, and no different than with Floyd, you run the Canelo sweepstakes in the run up to the fight windows.
                  He might possibly end up with way more than the DAZN deal. PBC will also have a lot of their 154 fighters moving up to 160 within the next couple of years.

Comment

He might possibly end up with way more than the DAZN deal. PBC will also have a lot of their 154 fighters moving up to 160 within the next couple of years.
                    Charlo, Derevyanchenko, the eventual WBC/WBA/IBF 154lb champion, and Errol Spence Jr if he cleans up the WBC/WBA/IBF welterweight titles.

Space out the fights however they fall, you've got 4 viable PPV fights in hand (before even looking to guys like Benevidez or Plant at 168)

Comment

Damn, Boss/Ca$$$$$hnelo gonna show Skipper who the A Side is and dump that DAZN contract. $$$$Nelo gets what $$$$$$$Nelo$ wants!

Comment

Working...
                      X