Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frank Bruno: Deontay Wilder is a limited fighter. He's a windmill puncher.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BALLS DEEP View Post
    An ex-limited fighter knows a limited fighter when he sees one.
    Mike Tyson in his prime was a beast with speed and power. With that being said he could not fight backing up. Very clumsy when not going forward. Would he have gotten inside and caught Wilder? Quite possibly but a Wilder one/two that connects and another picture of Tyson searching the canvas for his mouthpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
      I responded to a post about him being #1 today. Drugs? lol. Can you read? What does it have to do with being british? Are we talking about Barrett or Bruno? Everything Barrett and Sid Knee post about are pro british rants. I get it! Nationalism, certainly not realism!
      Bruno would be ranked about 5 today,maybe…...hed be live threat for wilder certainly . but the actual video is about M.Tyson not who can beat up Bruno which the wilder brigade is doing here,to shift focus off Wilder.

Bruno STILL would know how to turn punches over far better then anyone today..TURN over means better leverage technique,but it doesn't guarantee him winning,in todays era however he would have trained much smarter bc they are far bigger then even he was and have easier training access.

the guy knows his boxing and actually showed DDD how to punch correct in 20 minutes ,where DDD's own guys haven't a clue anfd they have him every day?

M.Tyson > Wilder

if you don't know this you don't know boxing.

Everday….ALL day.
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-06-2019, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        Bruno would be ranked about 5 today,maybe…...hed be live threat for wilder certainly . but the actual video is about M.Tyson not who can beat up Bruno which the wilder brigade is doing here,to shift focus off Wilder.

Bruno STILL would know how to turn punches over far better then anyone today..TURN over means better leverage technique,but it doesn't guarantee him winning,in todays era however he would have trained much smarter bc they are far bigger then even he was and have easier training access.

the guy knows his boxing and actually showed DDD how to punch correct in 20 minutes ,where DDD's own guys haven't a clue anfd they have him every day?

M.Tyson > Wilder

Everday….ALL day.
        First off I was a big Bruno guy at the time. I was in to bodybuilding and always respected Mike Weaver and Frank Bruno. Also Jumbo Cummings but he was obviously not in the same league. There is no shifting focus on this end. Yes I am a Wilder guy but that is based on his power. Does he have flaws? Absolutely! He can be amateurish at times and windmills many shots BUT that one/two against Breazeale ( I was at the fight) was pure magic!

Comment

M.Tyson > Wilder

if you don't know this you don't know boxing.

Everday….ALL day.
          The Frank Bruno Fight (1983)

In 1983, Jumbo’s Adonis-like physique (honed by weight training in prison) even outmatched that of the massive Frank Bruno when they met in London, England. Jumbo came within a split-second of knocking out Frank who was saved by the bell in round one. The muscular Bruno had been caught by a crunching right and was totally out on his feet just as the bell rang. Frank had to be helped back to his corner. Miraculously and with a hysterical crowd urging him on, Bruno somehow survived the second stanza. Jumbo would later be stopped in the seventh round, but he had come this close to stunning the boxing world and that one big punch did serve to expose Frank’s fragile chin.

It would be Jumbo’s last pro fight as he finished his short and odd career with a 15-6-1 record. Between 1979 and 1983, he managed to rise to some prominence as a fringe heavyweight contender and fought some rugged opponents along the way.

Comment

Mike Tyson destroyed Frank Bruno and made him look like a weak twerp.

Comment

It's easy to say Wilder is a limited fighter, but to actually step into that ring and PROVE it against him....

That's a whole nother world right there. A harsh world to be in.

Credit to Fury and Ortiz for huge heart and courage.

The rematches are gonna be awesome.

Comment

We already know that; Which is why he is so dangerous and feared among fighters who outweigh him by some 40 to 50 more lbs or so. The man hits too hard and if you are a HW who doesn't move your head, then chances are he will rip it off.

Comment

People today have been duped. Tyson ,the actual one is slim with that combo counter punching,terrible match up for Wilder hes way to off balance with power punching and cannot move on the fly and punch at the same time. it would be a disaster for Wiler in what Bruno is subtley telling you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
                    First off I was a big Bruno guy at the time. I was in to bodybuilding and always respected Mike Weaver and Frank Bruno. Also Jumbo Cummings but he was obviously not in the same league. There is no shifting focus on this end. Yes I am a Wilder guy but that is based on his power. Does he have flaws? Absolutely! He can be amateurish at times and windmills many shots BUT that one/two against Breazeale ( I was at the fight) was pure magic!
                    What does this have to what I posted ? Mike Weaver once fought a guy named Bill Sharkey who also fought Bruno. I have first hand knowledge of Bruno bc I trained under Sharkey until things went south ,so again I have no clue why you bring these things up when it has zero to do about the actual video .

beyond that theres levels and by no way like Bruno is TRYING to politely tell the interviewer was Wilder near M.Tyson he would get mugged and anyone who has literally watched and studied boxing 10 lifetimes worth wouldn't even think its competitive.

Sorry but Wilder gettingsaved by a far older guy in fight 38 and losing to a guy who hasn't competed at high level in 3 years doesn't tell me anything but Wilder getting planted and fast if he was to meet even 91 MIKE Tyson bc you cannot beat this man with LIMITED punch counts and chinny...yes Wilder is chinny. Iron Mike had a jaw like a pit bull,so theres nothing more here for me,beleive what you want.

you also know you don't have to be AT a fight to say you were there therrofr KNOW? Breazeale stuck his face out there and waved on a punch not once but TWICE....

It was magical alright.magically stupid! lol
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-06-2019, 08:16 PM.

Comment

What does this have to what I posted ? Mike Weaver once fought a guy named Bill Sharkey who also fought Bruno. I have first hand knowledge of Bruno bc I trained under Sharkey until things went south ,so again I have no clue why you bring these things up when it has zero to do about the actual video .

beyond that theres levels and by no way like Bruno is TRYING to politely tell the interviewer was Wilder near M.Tyson he would get mugged and anyone who has literally watched and studied boxing 10 lifetimes worth wouldn't even think its competitive.

Sorry but Wilder gettingsaved by a far older guy in fight 38 and losing to a guy who hasn't competed at high level in 3 years doesn't tell me anything but Wilder getting planted and fast if he was to meet even 91 MIKE Tyson bc you cannot beat this man with LIMITED punch counts and chinny...yes Wilder is chinny. Iron Mike had a jaw like a pit bull,so theres nothing more here for me,beleive what you want.
                      What's with the rant? I never said Wilder was better than Tyson! What is your hatred for Wilder? Very strange!

Comment

Working...
                      X