No announcement yet.

Sorry, but Tyson Fury isn't that charismatic or interesting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, but Tyson Fury isn't that charismatic or interesting

I was rooting for him against Wilder. I like him as a boxer and person, he's aight...but his antics and showboating are lame.

All the gimicky shiiit he's been doing lately makes it seem like he's trying too hard.

Anyone else not a fan of his fight entrance antics and wild forced persona?

He's a good lad and I'm glad he beat depression but stop with singing and costumes. I don't even mind if you run your mouth, but leave it at that.

Leave him alone he’s having fun.

Comment

Tyson Fury is your fourth favorite fighter?

I suppose Tyson Fury has his place in boxing but, what bothers me is the credit he gets from basically just telling stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
        I was rooting for him against Wilder. I like him as a boxer and person, he's aight...but his antics and showboating are lame.

All the gimicky shiiit he's been doing lately makes it seem like he's trying too hard.

Anyone else not a fan of his fight entrance antics and wild forced persona?

He's a good lad and I'm glad he beat depression but stop with singing and costumes. I don't even mind if you run your mouth, but leave it at that.
        Only 5,500 paid to see Fury vs Schwarz so you have a point there

Comment

You can't please everyone. And the thing with being must watch TV for a lot of people means you are going to be must not watch TV to a much smaller number or people. Or part of being loved is gonna mean being hated or no f#cks given by a smaller group. Its damn near a thing like gravity is a thing. No one is universality loved or appreciated. Some people think Oprah sucks ass just cuz others love her.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
            Tyson Fury is your fourth favorite fighter?

I suppose Tyson Fury has his place in boxing but, what bothers me is the credit he gets from basically just telling stories.

Yea I like his story, but when he starts singing and wearing costumes it makes me not want to tune in.

In general I have few boxing guys I like and mostly can watch all fights and all fighters in pretty neutral fashion. I do have bias towards Mexican fighters, but not all the time. Mostly just enjoy a good scrap no matter where they're from.

Comment

he has been forcing it a little. but if you think about it, this guy became internationally big overnight. so it might be adrenaline constantly pumping, it might be he's overdoing it a bit because this persona just made him a wealthy man with a limitless future.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                You can't please everyone. And the thing with being must watch TV for a lot of people means you are going to be must not watch TV to a much smaller number or people. Or part of being loved is gonna mean being hated or no f#cks given by a smaller group. Its damn near a thing like gravity is a thing. No one is universality loved or appreciated. Some people think Oprah sucks ass just cuz others love her.
                Very good point. He may be forcing it a bit, but I appreciate the effort he’s putting forward to help the sport out. It needs it. But all in all I like his personality. I went to his fight at the garden vs Cunningham. If I’m not mistaken he was billed at Irish that night. Idk. But he’s as tough son of gun and he’s got guts. He can box his ass off too. I guess big guys have matching personalities in boxing. Glad he’s around. But it’s like you said not everyone is into the extra stuff.

Comment

Dude, he is from the UK. I can't remember any sharp Brits that would stand out among the American stars.

Comment

ESPN making him re run his greatest hits but it's not the same because it's forced him singing I don't want to miss a thing after shocking Klitschko was great because it was random and spontaneous same as him singing American Pie after putting on a classic performance in LA

TR needs to stop trying to force it imo

Comment

Working...
                    X