No announcement yet.

Could Tyson have fought at 240 pounds ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dempsey19 View Post
    He naturally walks around at 240 nowadays it’s not like he’s artificially bulked himself up to 240, he is obviously built for 240.

Won’t the extra size help and strength help in clinches and punch resistance and stop him from getting manhandled like he was by Lewis ?
    You have no idea what you're talking about.

You're thread in the first place is asking COULD he have fought at 240 which directly puts the comparisons of a younger prime Tyson with a totally overweight one so no ,he was not built to walk around at 240 IF HES FIGHTING, did you not see 235 pound Tyson ?????lol

The man is in his 50's ,what do you expect him to weigh now out of the ring not training to fight ? Tyson THE FIGHTER was built to walk around 215/220 at his optimum weight, thats not even up for discussion and if you argue that its clearly a waste of time thread bc Tyson at 240 would lose much speed and overall punch volume,just stop.,you want him to be a better clincher than a fighter with more weight,so im not sure what the purpose of the thread is really ,is there one ?

You're telling ppl what he weighs now in his 50's and wanting him to be even heavier for Lewis ina farce fight he couldn't move much in ,in the first place being UNDER 240 ? .... .lol
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-27-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

If you look at pictures of him nowadays he is definitely in better shape than he was in the mid-2000s. Nowadays he looks like he has 10 pounds less fat and 15 pounds more muscle than in these pictures. And besides, I’m talking about a young 240 pound Tyson and Tyson was already quite old in those fights.

Also, the extra fat could help with stamina since he was AJ-ripped at 220.

Won’t the size and strength help against big superheavies ? Giving up 30 pounds to a Klitschko or a Fury can’t be helpful.
      Young or old 240 would be too much for his frame.

He became bigger and ripped following prison, but he was noticeably slower and with less movement. And he was only in his late 20s at this point.

218 lbs in a 5'10" frame is different than 218 lbs in a 6'7" frame like Wilder. That's already quite robust.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        You have no idea what you're talking about.

You're thread in the first place is asking COULD he have fought at 240 which directly puts the comparisons of a younger prime Tyson with a totally overweight one so no ,he was not built to walk around at 240 IF HES FIGHTING, did you not see 235 pound Tyson ?????lol

The man is in his 50's ,what do you expect him to weigh now out of the ring not training to fight ? Tyson THE FIGHTER was built to walk around 215/220 at his optimum weight, thats not even up for discussion and if you argue that its clearly a waste of time thread bc Tyson at 240 would lose much speed and overall punch volume,just stop.,you want him to be a better clincher than a fighter with more weight,so im not sure what the purpose of the thread is really ,is there one ?

You're telling ppl what he weighs now in his 50's and wanting him to be even heavier for Lewis ina farce fight he couldn't move much in ,in the first place being UNDER 240 ? .... .lol
        Jeez chill out.

Comment

Originally posted by MartialMind View Post
          Young or old 240 would be too much for his frame.

He became bigger and ripped following prison, but he was noticeably slower and with less movement. And he was only in his late 20s at this point.

218 lbs in a 5'10" frame is different than 218 lbs in a 6'7" frame like Wilder. That's already quite robust.
          I see what you mean.

What do you think about Andy Ruiz handling 260 pounds without much trouble ? Evidence of a larger frame ? Just a different metabolism that is designed to be fat ?
          Last edited by Dempsey19; 06-27-2019, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Jeez chill out.
            Yea you're right ,I just watched M.Tyson's entire fight line up and lets even forget about 240,i think 269 would be his best bet in that 5'9 frame. in fact with all that weight he would just clinch fighters into quitting he would be to strong and elbow lock them........ .

Comment

No one is forcing you to comment on this thread.

Comment

No one is forcing you to comment on this thread.
                True I have been duped into another mindless one. coupled with really annoying responses from you ,where I should have called it quits just reading your opening post. lol

P.S Ruiz isn't muscle and stands 6'1 and has fought above 250 the majority of his career since a kid, M. Tyson is ALL muscle which REQUIRES superior conditioning to fit in a 5'9 frame and being 240 does him no favors when NO HW should really weigh that unless they are over 6'3.
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-27-2019, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MartialMind View Post
                  This is Tyson at his heaviest fighting weight 233 lbs vs McBride

Could he have fought at 240 lbs? Yes, would it have done him any good? no.
                  That was not his heavyweights, he was close to 240 against Brain Neilsen. 'It was a combination of his lifestyle, and I think medication'.

As you can see in the post fight interview, they mention that he was 239 pounds.

Nice interview from Steve Smoger sp*

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 06-27-2019, 03:25 PM.

Comment

True I have been duped into another mindless one. coupled with really annoying responses from you ,where I should have called it quits just reading your opening post. lol

P.S Ruiz isn't muscle and stands 6'1 and has fought above 250 the majority of his career since a kid, M. Tyson is ALL muscle which REQUIRES superior conditioning to fit in a 5'9 frame and being 240 does him no favors when NO HW should really weigh that unless they are over 6'3.
                    1. I wasn’t talking about a shredded 240.

2. There have been lots of world class heavyweights who have weighed around that much who are 6’3” or shorter.

3. You do not seem to want to continue this discussion. Why are you ?
                    Last edited by Dempsey19; 06-27-2019, 03:40 PM.

Comment

He did fight at 240 at the end of his career.

Tyson was at his best at 215-220.

Once he started drinking too much, doing drugs, and taking the medications, he ballooned up and it hurt him

Comment

Working...
                      X