Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Demetrius Andrade's Moment To Meet Expectations?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Demetrius Andrade's Moment To Meet Expectations?

By Cliff Rold - The position Errol Spence holds right now, lingering on the edge of super stardom and with the boxing world intrigued about his chance of seizing control of his weight class? There are a lot of people who thought that was the sort of career WBO middleweight titlist Demetrius Andrade (27-0, 17 KO) wou....
    [Click Here To Read More]

Cliff Rold is the managing editor of Boxing Scene and he puts out an article as grammatically poor as this? Not to mention the fact that the content wanders like an alcoholic on his way home after a particularly nasty session.
    Reminds me why I usually just read the headline and skip to the comments.
    Come on Cliff, make the effort ✌️

Comment

Andrade knows a lot is on the line for this fight. He needs to not only win but needs to win impressively.

I keep thinking about what the late trainer Emanuel Steward said when comparing Andrade to Lara, saying Andrade has better over-all skills, more power in both hands, plus is four inches taller. It was about the time when Lara arguably beat Canelo.

Hopefully we see the best Andrade vs Sulecki. A razor-thin win won't get him Canelo, Jacobs, or GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
        I keep thinking about what the late trainer Emanuel Steward said when comparing Andrade to Lara, saying Andrade has better over-all skills, more power in both hands, plus is four inches taller. It was about the time when Lara arguably beat Canelo.

Hopefully we see the best Andrade vs Sulecki. A razor-thin win won't get him Canelo, Jacobs, or GGG.
        Interesting, I didn't know that Steward gave such high appraisal of Andrade; it's obvious there are alot of skills and physical ability within him but the mental makeup is what has always been the question for me. He doesn't always seem focused or hungry.

He's facing a fighter who may not have the same skills or physical ability but someone who is tough and will be trying to win. Hopefully it brings the best out of Andrade.

Comment

Andrade is not that good i remember seeing his fight against Culcay and thought nothing but a hype job a poor mans winky wright at best. He has not had a single fight that i can say is exciting he has been sign on hope and potential but now just looks old for his age.

He will do exactly what Lara did with Canelo, or Galahad did with Warrington, and not go to win the title just try and steal a decison.

Comment

I have a great idea. How about Andrade and Jermall Charlo fighting each other? Both are talented, but somewhat unproven at middleweight. And both are always screaming about the top guys avoiding them. The winner would be deserving as well as more marketable for Canelo or Golovkin.

Comment

Hes just NOT that good.

Comment

Great professional article Cliff Rold. Finally a site writer demonstrating journalistic integrity.

Comment

He needs to win impressively, needs a Knockout to really get people talking and pushing for him vs Canelo or GGG

Just a Decision really won't do much for him IMO despite him having a Belt

Wouldn't be shocked if Sulecki played spoiler, not sure about pulling a upset but I wouldn't be shocked if like the Culcay fight, Andrade doesn't look all that good vs Sulecki style

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
                    Hes just NOT that good.
                    Andrade has the title and it’s not business they are all on DAZN who desperately needs a big fight. Andrade is not only that good he is good enough for GGG and Canelo to duck.

If it was about “not being that good,” they could saved us the snoozery of Steve Rolls and Rocky Fielding?

In other words, stop fan boy the LaLa Land music stopped playing a long time ago. Have the good sense to know the jig is up.

Comment

Working...
                    X