Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BoMac: The world sees ESPN treats Fury different from the way they treat Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bomac should just worry about McDonalds tbh

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Alright sure
      Read this below. This is why Fury/Wilder is a bigger fight than Wilder/Joshua

Bud and Joshua have about the same personality

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      No sh.it they treat Fury Different

Let’s count the ways Fury is more marketable then Bud

Fury’s a HW - as long as the Hw division has some half decent talent / names will always be the division of choice for Networks & casual fans. It’s the easiest to market and the division that will get people even non boxing fans to watch if it’s a big fight. Buds in the 2nd best division now but he needs big name Opponets to get casuals interested in and TR doesn’t have the stable and hasn’t put him in a must watch fight his entire Career

Personality- Hate him or love him , Fury’s a natural entertainer. Interviews/ Ringwalks / Press Conferences. Fury has as he would say Panache. Bud who’s personality I love because he wants to genuinely f.uck up his opponets Bud can be thought of as having a boring personality . His idea of entertainment is beating the brakes of his Opponets. But outside of the ring he isn’t going to have fans gravitate towards him

And finally Fury is White. This trumps Everything a white English speaking Entertaining HW is the trifecta for networks. He is someone that they want to get behind. The only that thing missing for Fury to be a Network/ Marketers Set Dream is if he was American / Wasn’t Flabby And was Handsome. If he had that as well , forget about it he’d be hyped like the second coming of Jesus.

BoMac just needs To accept what Bud is and stop complaining , he’s been treated well by TR but he isn’t marketable to a casual audience and his PPV # prove this

Comment

They made their bed and now they have to lie in it. But I get why they’re upset. All that promotion and only 5K paid for Fury’s last fight. Bud has done bigger numbers than that...in Vegas. They probably believe if they got the same push, they could do even better.

Comment

I've heard from people that have been around Crawford that he doesn't like Arum. Also heard that he feels he puts black fighters on the back burner.

Comment

BoMac should worry more about BigMac

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              They made their bed and now they have to lie in it. But I get why they’re upset. All that promotion and only 5K paid for Fury’s last fight. Bud has done bigger numbers than that...in Vegas. They probably believe if they got the same push, they could do even better.
              Fury signing wasn't even TR's idea but ESPN's idea. They are the ones that wanted to get in the HW mix and were willing to give Fury that type of deal.

But I would't be too sure that Crawford did better numbers than Fury. Folks keep talking about the 5,549 or however many tickets they sold, but the gate was almost 900k. I requested the numbers for Crawford vs Horn and NSAC is really good at getting back in a timely matter, so I should have them soon. Interested in seeing the real numbers and not the reported attendance numbers.

As for Crawford though? When he signed with ESPN, he got a guarantee of like 3M per fight which was pretty damn huge at that time. Now? That is really nothing for fighters of his caliber. Heck, Lomachenko is getting around the same money fighting guys like Crolla. So it did make sense for Crawford re-upping when he did....Just not for three or four additional years as previously stated. And from what BoMac said, seems like he will be free soon enough. Crawford being able to leave is actually promising in the future prospects of Spence/Crawford happening. Whatever sticking point there is, it can be worked out with him threatening to leave and make the fight happen without TR being involved.

I think Crawford's next deal will be.......having no deal with a company but working on a fight to fight basis.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                Fury is entertaining
                Not in the ring he's not.

Unless he's fighting a Schwarz-level opponent.

Comment

Bud doesn't have much of a personality. If they want more attention, that needs to change.

Comment

Fury does have more personality in his little finger than Crawford possess....

Crawford is a great fighter but he's boring as hell.

There's a reason people tune in to guys like Broner even though he's a B level fighter

Comment

A couple more fights will line up perfectly for a Spence fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X