Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CONSPIRACY RUMOR: Artie Lobov to take a dive to set up McGregor/Malignaggi...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 'b' View Post
    Agreed, last two rounds were Artem, first 3 were Malignaggi.

I was in complete agreement with Tarver, why the fucc did it take until round 4 for Artem to implement the gameplan we ALL KNEW he needed to implement? Just based off of that I don't think he deserved the win.

Malignaggi made it a boxing match the first 3 rounds, Artem made it a dirty brawl in rounds 4 and 5. I never like seeing a man 'lose' a fight I think he rightfully won, but oh well, they both get paid and have more money than me so I'm sure Paulie will do fine.
    Hell no.

1 and 2 were all Paulie. Round 3 was a swing round and I gave it to Lobov because he kept knocking Paulie off balance. Lobov was the CLEAR ring general in the last three rounds.

In BKFC you have to be an aggressor if you want to clearly convince judges.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      Hell no.

1 and 2 were all Paulie. Round 3 was a swing round and I gave it to Lobov because he kept knocking Paulie off balance. Lobov was the CLEAR ring general in the last three rounds.

Have you got a link to BKFC judging rules?

In boxing terms, there wasn't a great deal in any of the rounds.

Comment

Hell no.

The rules seem to change every fight.

Another great fight to watch was Holloway vs Poirier - depending on what your judging criteria is it could have went to either man.

The problem I seem to have is that I always parrot the old 'hit and not get hit' mantra, but apparently that doesn't mean too much if a fighter walks forward (despite getting hit more than they hit their opponent????).

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Have you got a link to BKFC judging rules?
          I got a link to how the BKFC President feels about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 'b' View Post
            The rules seem to change every fight.

Another great fight to watch was Holloway vs Poirier - depending on what your judging criteria is it could have went to either man.

The problem I seem to have is that I always parrot the old 'hit and not get hit' mantra, but apparently that doesn't mean too much if a fighter walks forward (despite getting hit more than they hit their opponent????).
            Bro, it's BARE KNUCKLE. It doesn't make sense to go for a "not get hit" situation. You can't hear glove impact. All you have to go on is damage and reaction. That means you can't score it the same way as you would a boxing match.

That's why Reggie Barnett, one of the top fighters in the whole damn thing, got yelled at by the President of the company, because he was on the move for 4 out of 5 rounds his last fight. They want FIGHTING, not boxing. That's why it's not called Bare Knuckle BOXING, it's called Bare Knuckle FIGHTING.

Comment

lol I like it, I genuinely think this sport could do well.

Comment

Bro, it's BARE KNUCKLE. It doesn't make sense to go for a "not get hit" situation. You can't hear glove impact. All you have to go on is damage and reaction. That means you can't score it the same way as you would a boxing match.

That's why Reggie Barnett, one of the top fighters in the whole damn thing, got yelled at by the President of the company, because he was on the move for 4 out of 5 rounds his last fight. They want FIGHTING, not boxing. That's why it's not called Bare Knuckle BOXING, it's called Bare Knuckle FIGHTING.
                You can't hear glove impact correct.....but the eyes can still see. Not going to be convinced that Artem won 3 rounds except by myself if ever I change my mind by watching the fight again.

Glad they squashed the beef, I like trash talking and exaggerated name-calling (went too far this time) but at the end of the day I respect the athletes when they respect each other and the sport.

Comment

I heard the same rumors and believe Lobov was looking for the dive.

Its hard to do though when your opponent runs like a sissy girl all night. Lobov was waiting for Pauline to throw a right hand with some conviction so he could dive but all he got was jabs and running. They knew they were running out of time and Lobov tried to press the action late but Pauline refused to throw a meaningful hard punch. They kept waiting all night for Pauline's balls to drop but it never happened.

Really fuked that one up, could have made millions off of McGreggor-Pauline.

Comment

It is abit like 'Fight Club' the movie 'I like it'.

I especially like it, because I am more of a boxing supporter than UFC/MMA. And this is a middle grounds kind of sport, where boxers and Mixed Martial Artist can fight each other.

Although there is a Bare Knuckle Boxing organisation within the UK, but I do not think it has been making the same kind of impact as this new boxing variation.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                      It is abit like 'Fight Club' the movie 'I like it'.

I especially like it, because I am more of a boxing supporter than UFC/MMA. And this is a middle grounds kind of sport, where boxers and Mixed Martial Artist can fight each other.

Although there is a Bare Knuckle Boxing organisation within the UK, but I do not think it has been making the same kind of impact as this new boxing variation.

Wonder what the contract says, if it just says the fighters lose half their purse if they refuse to fight or if it says the company president is the sole determiner of the fighter's eagerness to fight and will forfit half their pay at his discretion if there is not enough action.

I could see him being sued for refusing to pay out half the purse if the contract term is a broad in regards to fights not being "exciting" enough and doesnt explicitly say he is the sole judge on how exciting the fight is.

Comment

Working...
                      X