Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Andy Ruiz Jr be even more ferocious with a full training camp?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruiz has the better chin, the better skills, and now after the win, even more confidence.

Comment

People act like they've never seen this dude before the last fight. Knowing this place, maybe they haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
        Coming off a fight jut a few weeks prior, I don’t think there was any lack of training for the first fight. I think attitude will be a bigger factor. The first fight had him playing with house money, the opportunity dropped in his lap at the last minute. Andy looked like a man with nothing to lose and everything to gain, which is what he was. This time he has a lot to prove and a lot to lose.
        What was weird to me was how Ruiz came in almost 10 pounds heavier for Joshua than he was a month before that against Dimitrenko. He must have splurged right after that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          People act like they've never seen this dude before the last fight. Knowing this place, maybe they haven't.
          Haha, right?

The amount of casuals that gave Ruiz no shot in hell against Joshua was hilarious. The whole time I was thinking man these people are in for a rude awakening.

Comment

You a casual, what your talking about?

Comment

Yeah he has solid boxing skills for sure. I expected him to give Joshua trouble early but eventually just get caught and knocked out. Joshua was more surprised than anyone who thought that way when Ruiz stormed back after the knockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by thecomedian2 View Post
                You a casual, what your talking about?
                Lemme guess, I embarrassed your bytch ass and now you have a vendetta. Get in line, and next time do your best to muster up an actual point. I know, it's hard.

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
                Yeah he has solid boxing skills for sure. I expected him to give Joshua trouble early but eventually just get caught and knocked out. Joshua was more surprised than anyone who thought that way when Ruiz stormed back after the knockdown.
                People overlook how quickly Joshua dropped Ruiz. If AJ didn't push so aggressively (a mistake he's made before) we probably wouldn't be talking about any of this. I like Ruiz a lot and I'd love to see him successfully defend, but I've seen many of his other fights and I don't have the "wow, where did this guy come from" feeling a lot of guys seem have.
                Respect to Ruiz for the W though. He was the smarter, braver man that night.

Comment

No question. But more importantly, he will be full of confidence because he comes in as champion and having beat AJ already, essentially made him quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera_ View Post
                    Remember, he only had 4 weeks to train for Joshua!
                    Listening to Ruiz tell it, he felt like he had a 15 week camp for Anthony Joshua, with a week or so off in the middle. The fight with Dimitrenko was only 5 rounds and he won all five. Other than the crowd effect and adrenaline secretion, I suspect that fight acted as a super intense sparring and tune-up.
                    I know some fighters may train specifically with their opponents in mind, but even so I'm thinking the quick turn around benefited Andy Ruiz Jr. He seemed to think so, even leading up to fight night.

My guess is that we will see basically the very same Ruiz in the rematch, intensity wise. You never really know how someone handles being the champion, in the lime-light, the fame, and all that, until they defend their title. It would be understandable if Ruiz was a tick less hungry for the rematch, than he was in the first fight.
                    That said, I believe him when he says he takes the Mexican-style and Mexican fighting heart, very seriously. Plus, there's been talk of his amateur experience and work ethic (despite his appearance), suggesting he knows how to get up for a fight.

Unless his team comes up with a totally different game plan, I expect to see the exact same aggression from Andy, as we saw in Joshua/Ruiz I.
                    Last edited by CauliflowerEars; 06-22-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

I hope that Ruiz doesn't go crazy and pull a Neon Leon Spinks on his fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X